Urban Shaman  (Walker Papers, #1) Urban Shaman discussion

Murphy's kickstarter project going off!

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Josh (last edited Nov 11, 2011 11:08AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Josh Check it: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1...

I've been following this series for a while and though I've been getting sick of UF in general, this is one of the series that I've been keeping up with regardless. (Not completely sure why... I think maybe I enjoy the "Holy crap, she's doing magic!" trope that so frequently features in the series.)

Anyway, this is interesting to me. According to the author's tweets, this project has come within $1k of the biggest advance she's ever had. This is how the writing industry is changing: it's not that readers have different tastes, but that for writers publishing online is becoming increasingly viable.

message 2: by Ann (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ann Gimpel I think one of her more recent Kickstarter projects brought in close to $20K!

Carol I just finished Thunderbird Falls for the second time and thought she spent way to mich time describing what happened in various planes of existence. But I am going forward into the next book because I like the characters.

Tiffini Book 7 "Raven Calls" made me go "What???". Just when i started to like this series the author takes a nosedive. How do you jump from native american mythology to "Im going to Ireland" and then Joanne goes back in time to fight the Morrigan. Seriously?

I'm waiting for book 8 just because i've committed myself to Morrison.

Carol I finished Raven Calls and didn't have any trouble with the switch of venues. Did you read the first novel and Walker Papers 1.5? Those two and the explanation her mother gives in Raven Calls of why she chose Joanne's father make it all plausible (within the parameters of the whole idea of magic, etc.). I have to admit that I'm going back and re-reading Spirit Dances. The first time I read a novel, I cruise through it to get where it's going to take me. It is a tribute to Murphy's writing that I enjoy re-reading her novels and getting more out of them the second and third times.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Totally agree with Tiffani, was totally invested in the series until " Raven Calls". Still haven't finished the last couple of chapters. Not sure if I'm buying the next book...

all discussions on this book | post a new topic

Books mentioned in this topic

Urban Shaman (other topics)