THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Print Giveaway Clarification

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Demers | 169 comments I signed up to have a giveaway of my novel, Baby Jane. I want to give away one copy to anyone anywhere in the world. So I indicated one copy and selected all countries. But when I received the confirmation email, it was worded as “1 copies in the following countries...”

As I do not intend to give away one copy to a recipient in each country, I am trying to get this ambiguity clarified. I sent an email to GR but who knows when I will hear back. Can anyone else clarify that my intention is reflected in the actual giveaway – one copy, with no geographical limitation -- and not to the ambiguous wording of the email?

Thanks.

message 2: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Brown | 276 comments M.A. wrote: "I signed up to have a giveaway of my novel, Baby Jane. I want to give away one copy to anyone anywhere in the world. So I indicated one copy and selected all countries. But when I received the conf..."

If you are only giving away 1 copy then we'll only pick 1 winner for you. Most giveaways are for more than one copy, which is why the confirmation email is worded as such. Sorry for the confusion!

message 3: by M.A. (new)

M.A. Demers | 169 comments Thanks, Patrick.