Terminalcoffee discussion

Politics / Business / Economics > To what brands are you loyal? What brands do you perceive positively?

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Interesting article/exploration of brand loyalty/perceptions...

http://money.msn.com/ways-to-invest/l...

What do you think?

message 2: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments I'm not brand loyal.

My clothing and shoes are whatever is on sale and looks good (though I do like "Life is Good"), my food is whatever is on sale (unless I've had it in the past and it tasted like crap), my toiletries are whatever I see at Costco.

Warning to LG: The link only shows the top five brands. You want to see the rest? It's a slideshow. 100 slides.

message 3: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments 1) Apple - suck it. i am an apple user
2) Carhartt - polar king is an imitator
3) Coke - pepsi can suck it too
4) LazyBoy - other recliners can suck it

i'll think of some more

message 4: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments I'm prejudiced in favor of name-brand cereals. Store brand cereal freaks me out.

message 5: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "3) Coke - pepsi can suck it too"

Pepsi already sucks.

message 6: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments amber - agreed. honey bunches of oats is my current breakfast fix.

message 7: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "amber - agreed. honey bunches of oats is my current breakfast fix."

We call that one "Honey Boats" because my son has always liked it but when he was younger he couldn't say it correctly.

message 8: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Banana Nut Crunch is my go-to cereal.

message 9: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments General Motors. 3 generations of my family worked for them, and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them. I will NOT drive anything that isn't made by GM.

Coke. Pepsi is too sweet.

Disney. I've been going every year, multiple times a year since I was 5. My family loves Disney. I've never been to Universal, and I don't ever plan on it. My life goal (legitimately) is to go to every Disney park on earth.

Dooney & Bourke/Coach - not necessarily those brands, but expensive purses in general. I don't buy cheap purses. I've bought $20 purses that are ruined after 3 months. I've had some of my $150-$200 purses for years and they're still in great condition.

message 10: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) I really like Kashi products. I especially like their blackberry graham cereal bars-they are to die for!

message 11: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24070 comments Mod
We already have a brand thread.

http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/4...?

message 12: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Phil wrote: "Warning to LG: The link only shows the top five brands. You want to see the rest? It's a slideshow. 100 slides. "

Tks.

message 13: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) Coke Zero
Absolute
High Altitude Hungarian Flour

message 14: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments Why the hungarian flour, Petra? Ok...I see those high altitude directions on some recipes...do you really have to use them? Also, when you go down to low altitude, does the air feel different?

message 15: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
I love a good smacking Lg thread redirect.

message 16: by Carol (new)

Carol | 1679 comments and an "are you loyal" thread
http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/5...

my one and only thread start, I think

message 17: by Scout (new)

Scout (goodreadscomscout) | 3385 comments Tightassedness irks me.

I used to be loyal to brands: Cheer, Charmin, Bounty, Dawn, Clorox, Safeguard. Now I'm a bargain whore.

message 18: by janine (new)

janine | 7715 comments Favourite topic police brand: LG

message 19: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) RandomAnthony wrote: "Why the hungarian flour, Petra? Ok...I see those high altitude directions on some recipes...do you really have to use them? Also, when you go down to low altitude, does the air feel different?"

I can attest to going to a lower altitude feeling different. I live at 7500 ft elevation. When I go to sea level I feel like I could walk for miles and not get tired. I also sleep soooo much better.
And you really do have to follow those high altitude directions!

message 20: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

janine wrote: "Favourite topic police brand: LG"

Thanks!

message 21: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Amber ~Geektastic~ wrote: "I'm prejudiced in favor of name-brand cereals. Store brand cereal freaks me out."

I agree, they do not taste the same.

message 22: by Arminius (new)

Arminius | 1037 comments Google.
Folgers.
When I used to drink soda it was Pepsi.
Scott

message 23: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments Oh, and Pop-Tarts. I don't want "toaster pastries," I want Pop-Tarts. They just taste better (except for the bizarro candy flavors they have been making lately, ick).

message 24: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments BunWat wrote: "I used to live at 7,400 and yeah, at sea level I felt like a super hero. Able to leap tall buildings etc. it's like walking around in an oxygen tent. Also, cooking is definitely different at altit..."

I remember making mac & cheese on a mountain once and the whole pot dissolved into starchy goo because we didn't know about the temperature difference.

message 25: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I'm giving up on Tom's of Maine. I hate the texture. I like a slightly grainy toothpaste.

message 26: by ms.petra (new)

ms.petra (mspetra) ms.petra wrote: "Coke Zero
Absolute
High Altitude Hungarian Flour"

Yes, there is a noticeable difference for us high altitude people when we visit you low landers. Why do you think there is an Olympic Training Center in CO Springs and the cyclists train in our fair mountains? As Mary said, when I visit a beach and go for a run it is so easy.
Also, as Bun and Pi mentioned, there is a difference in baking. I always have to add about 1/4 cup extra flour to a recipe.

message 27: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments I'm starting to lose faith in McDonald's. I should stop eating there since I'm trying to lose weight.

But every time I go, it's a bad experience. They forget something, mess something up, or are just generally rude. I understand that this might not be the ideal job for everyone, but be thankful that you have a job, a lot of people don't.

message 28: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

I do buy my deodorant from the health food store (it's not Tom's of Maine). It has fewer chemicals, and more important, it doesn't stain my clothing. It's more expensive but it lasts a really long time.

message 29: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Laurin wrote: "I'm starting to lose faith in McDonald's. I should stop eating there since I'm trying to lose weight.

But every time I go, it's a bad experience. They forget something, mess something up, or are j..."

STARTING to lose faith in McDonald's? http://theweek.com/article/index/2208...

message 30: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) Charmed wrote: "I sometimes worry about the chemicals in deodorant and shampoo. I should look into healthier brands, I guess."

Natures Gate makes a really nice herbal shampoo without chemicals especially parabens which are really bad.

message 31: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments I use Nature's Gate shampoo and conditioner.

message 32: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments Sarah Pi wrote: "Laurin wrote: "I'm starting to lose faith in McDonald's. I should stop eating there since I'm trying to lose weight.

But every time I go, it's a bad experience. They forget something, mess somethi..."

Sorry, I should have been more clear. I didn't have munch faith in them to begin with, so they're slowly creeping toward zero. And I never have had a McRib and I plan on keeping it that way.

message 33: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Gotcha.

message 34: by Laurin (new)

Laurin (laurinlooloo) | 1867 comments If I want ribs, I will go to a reputable place. $5.00 for a rib meal seems a bit skeevy to me.

message 35: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 13815 comments Laurin wrote: "If I want ribs, I will go to a reputable place. $5.00 for a rib meal seems a bit skeevy to me."

Good plan. The rib place will give you actual ribs. There is no rib in the McRib sandwich.

message 36: by Félix (new)

Félix (habitseven) Reconstituted rib meat only.

message 37: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Think of it like eating Eve instead of Adam.

message 38: by Kevin (new)

Kevin  (ksprink) | 11469 comments i don't use nature's gate

message 39: by Sally, la reina (new)

Sally (mrsnolte) | 17320 comments Mod
Sarah Pi wrote: " mac & cheese on a mountain once and the whole pot dissolved into starchy goo because we didn't know about the temperature difference..."

Wait, I live on a mountain and make mac and cheese a few times a week, what do I do different than those down low?

message 40: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) Kevin "El Liso Grande" wrote: "i don't use nature's gate"

Why is that?