Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) Linger discussion

HOw thought this book should be burned in Hot oil

Comments Showing 1-50 of 78 (78 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lalala*Saredo* (last edited Nov 11, 2011 09:56AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lalala*Saredo* Lol jk but i totally didn't like it i can't say hate because that is a BIG WORD!!!!

Whitney agreed. no questions asked. really lame.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I liked it :P

Valerie I really loved this book. It was beautifully written and heartfelt. Why don't you love it too? I thought it was perfect....

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah it was amazing! i read all the sequals valerie! :)

Lalala*Saredo* Valerie wrote: "I really loved this book. It was beautifully written and heartfelt. Why don't you love it too? I thought it was perfect...."

This book wasn't as well written as Shiver i think the reason i hate it so much is because Shiver was so well written that I had high expectations for Linger but it is a nice book but not compared to Shiver. Shiver had a lot of potential while Linger dind't also the ending was so sad i just felt like crying i just had this tingle in my heart after it.

message 7: by Lalala*Saredo* (last edited Nov 16, 2011 04:17PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lalala*Saredo* Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1) by Maggie Stiefvater AWESOME!!!!!!

Linger (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #2) by Maggie Stiefvater GOOD but not as good as Shiver!!!!!!

Forever (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #3) by Maggie Stiefvater AWESOME AS WELL!!!!!!

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 18, 2011 01:14PM) (new)

i prefer forever and shiver to linger

Olivia the ending to forever sucked just saying

Kenzie i loved them all <3

Zaheen no im sorry but the first book was really good and then it just got STUPID! i dont think there was a need to carry the books on i mean yh i wanted to read it cuz the story line was good (the whole grace turning back thing) but it just dragged so much that half way through the book i just gave up on trying to find something good in it. i cant even be bothered to read forever cuz linger was sooooo crap! do any of u thing i should?

message 12: by Asa (last edited Dec 24, 2011 07:16PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Asa B Saredo(rainbow-ninja) wrote: ""Shiver" AWESOME!!!!!!

"Linger" GOOD but not as good as Shiver!!!!!!

"Forever" AWESOME AS WELL!!!!!!""

I agree with this Shiver was the absolute best of them all and Forever was good too just wish it would've had moooree!!

Heidi Lol. What does HOw mean?!?

Kristen I think it's supposed to be 'who'.

I'm really not sure how much damage hot oil would do to a book. I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't be good for it exactly, but probably not the most effective way to destroy it...

Anywho, I didn't think it was quite that bad. I thought it was pretty boring though. I didn't like Cole's or Isabel's POV at all. I pretty much just finished the book because I was already into the story and wanted to see how it turned out.
I think it took way too long and was WAY dragged out and then when it finally starts getting interesting, it ends.
My interest in reading Forever is really just that obsessive need to finish a series, than actual interest in the book.

Emily Donnellan I actually enjoyed Linger more the Shiver. I haven't read Forever yet though...I'm hoping the book goes on e-book sale or something.

Heidi Kristen wrote: "I think it's supposed to be 'who'.

I'm really not sure how much damage hot oil would do to a book. I mean, I'm sure it wouldn't be good for it exactly, but probably not the most effective way to d..."

What does POV stand for? p.s. I'm a blonde I have an excuss to be stupid. :D

Kristen lol, it's ok. It means Point of View.

Heidi Kristen wrote: "lol, it's ok. It means Point of View."

Haha thanks but I'm not lying about the blonde part. :P

Kristen I have plenty of my own blond moments and I'm not blond, haha

Nati^^the insane, laughing  panda^^ Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee.

Heidi Nati wrote: "Hahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheeheehee."

Haha are you loling about me? p.s. you know you're a blonde when you run into a glass door.

Heidi Kristen wrote: "I have plenty of my own blond moments and I'm not blond, haha"

Though my friends call me the smart blonde *blushes*

Kristen Heidi wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I have plenty of my own blond moments and I'm not blond, haha"

Though my friends call me the smart blonde *blushes*"

haha, we nick-named my one friend Phoebe, after Phoebe on Friends.

Heidi Kristen wrote: "Heidi wrote: "Kristen wrote: "I have plenty of my own blond moments and I'm not blond, haha"

Though my friends call me the smart blonde *blushes*"

haha, we nick-named my one friend Phoebe, after ..."

I'm sorry I'm a weird kid and have no idea what the heck friends is... :}

Kristen The tv show, Friends. Phoebe was the ditsy one, lol

Heidi Haha just like me?

Kristen lol, you're not ditsy. I think I had to ask about POV before too.
Actually, you wanna hear something really bad?
I write stories and post them on this one website. After each chapter, people can comment and I kept getting 'KMU'. For the longest time I had NO idea what that meant.
I made the connection one day, after like a year, when someone actually wrote it out - "keep me updated". haha, needless to say all those people did not get the updates they requested. lol

Heidi Haha. I also get mixed up a lot with BTW. Yea.. I'm pretty stupid sometimes like once I couldn't figure out how to spell leaf so I spelled it left. LOL! Tehe

Kristen lol, I'd be lost without those red squiggles under misspelled words.

Heidi Haha totally me too!!

Zaheen Ana wrote: "Zaheen wrote: "no im sorry but the first book was really good and then it just got STUPID! i dont think there was a need to carry the books on i mean yh i wanted to read it cuz the story line was g..."

ok thanxz for ur opinion, i might read forever later and yh i did finish linger cuz u cant really jugde a bokk if u only read a bit or u could be wrong about it so i finished it...anyway yh i might give forever a shot but if its as bad as linger i will be really dissapointed

Desiree Schreck Lucy wrote: "I liked it :P"

ME TOOO!!!!!

IslaRose THIS BOOK WASN'T NEARLY AS GOOD AS SHIVER!!!! But then again, I hardly ever prefer second or third books to originals :/ I'm on my library's waiting list of Forever, though, so I can't comment on that oone yet. Did anyone think it was better than Shiver?

Topaz Goold Guys, guys you don't need all the capslock. Yes, burn it and add a couple of chapters to Forever so that the series still makes sense. Shiver was everything I want in a book, Linger was ugh and Forever was like an apology for writing Linger. My enthusiasm for The Scorpio Races provided the strength I needed to get through Linger :P

Rachel Willis Man, that's a bit harsh.. I really enjoyed it. It may not have been as good as Shiver but I love Maggie Stievtater's writing.

message 36: by IslaRose (last edited Jan 03, 2012 07:34PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

IslaRose Topaz wrote: "Guys, guys you don't need all the capslock. Yes, burn it and add a couple of chapters to Forever so that the series still makes sense. Shiver was everything I want in a book, Linger was ugh and For..."

Well some of us need caps locck to express our feelings :) Lay off the Haterade please :)

Desiree Schreck IslaRose wrote: "THIS BOOK WASN'T NEARLY AS GOOD AS SHIVER!!!! But then again, I hardly ever prefer second or third books to originals :/ I'm on my library's waiting list of Forever, though, so I can't comment on t..."

I didnt like they ending much... iwish there was more about whats going to happen in the future for them

Astra Linger wasn't as good as the other books, but it was still good.

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

Weird wrote: "Linger wasn't as good as the other books, but it was still good."

AMEN! SO TRUE! :)

message 40: by Hope (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hope "Shiver had a lot of potential while Linger dind't also the ending was so sad i just felt like crying i just had this tingle in my heart after it. "

Wow, how many books have you read that left your heart tingling? I wouldn't count that as a bad book.

Summer Lane I haven't read 'Forever' yet because I was a bit bored with 'Linger.' Although I did like Cole. He was entertaining.

message 42: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia Angelidou I was reading comments and somebody talked about the ending. I would agree that the end was kinda annoying. I was like 'Why are you doing this now?". BUT I liked the book enough to want to finish the third book as well.

Plus I guess she ended it like that for us to want to read more. Well, this is just an opinion I guess.
But again I don't think we should burn the book xD

Desiree Schreck Lia wrote: "I was reading comments and somebody talked about the ending. I would agree that the end was kinda annoying. I was like 'Why are you doing this now?". BUT I liked the book enough to want to finish t..."

but there wont be another

message 44: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia Angelidou Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "I was reading comments and somebody talked about the ending. I would agree that the end was kinda annoying. I was like 'Why are you doing this now?". BUT I liked the book enough to want..."

What? What do you mean? But there is still "Forever". I was talking about "Linger". I thought the discussion was about "Linger".

Desiree Schreck Lia wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "I was reading comments and somebody talked about the ending. I would agree that the end was kinda annoying. I was like 'Why are you doing this now?". BUT I liked the boo..."

Its kind of about them all but we were talking about not liking they ending to forever

message 46: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia Angelidou Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "I was reading comments and somebody talked about the ending. I would agree that the end was kinda annoying. I was like 'Why are you doing this now?". BUT I l..."

Ah I see. I haven't read Forever yet so I don't really have an opinion about it.

Desiree Schreck Lia wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "I was reading comments and somebody talked about the ending. I would agree that the end was kinda annoying. I was like 'Why are you doing thi..."

oh wait to u read it ....u have to tell me if u agree with me about not liking they ending and wanting more

message 48: by Lia (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lia Angelidou Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "Desiree wrote: "Lia wrote: "I was reading comments and somebody talked about the ending. I would agree that the end was kinda annoying. I was like 'Why are y..."

Oh sure! Mind if I add you as a friend then?

Akdiligence Didn't like the book

reverie These books are boring to be honest but it escapes reality even for awhile

« previous 1