Cover 2 Cover discussion

How Are You As A Reader > Where's Your Favorite Place to get books buy books etc....

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I know I love getting any book any where but as my mom says, "Only buy books if you know you really like it!" But if I don't know I just go to my town library!

message 2: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Me too - cuz if i buy a book i'm instantly disinterested

message 3: by Isabella (new)

Isabella i love the fact i haven't got it and it could go at any mintue, its what makes it even more exciting XD

ℂᖺαᖇᒪἷ℮ ⊰1017 &Tardis⊱ (charlie_awesome) I get books usually from the library but I buy books if they just came out and they're in a series that I've been reading.

message 5: by Shannon (last edited Nov 11, 2011 02:09PM) (new)

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) I'm a student who's trying to buy a house so my budget rarely allow me to buy new books. However, 2nd hand stores are my best friends for book buying. We have several Goodwill Stores in my area and I like to go to those on weekends and see what they have. It's also kinda fun because you never know what you are going to find, it has kind of a treasure hunt aspect to me. If I'm looking to read something specific, like a new release or part of a series, I go to the local library.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

I like amazon....

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Travis wrote: "I know I love getting any book any where but as my mom says, "Only buy books if you know you really like it!" But if I don't know I just go to my town library!"

That sounds like me. I'll try to only buy books I really want to buy but sometimes I just buy books on a whim.

message 8: by Hukum (new)

Hukum (hukumdeen) | 8 comments i always like to own a copy of book i liked. i choose flipkart, landmark on the net websites to purchase my books....

message 9: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) i mostly get em from the library!

message 10: by Leila (new)

Leila (leilacarrollann) | 172 comments I only get books for kindle now. Hubby got it for me when they first came out a few years ago and I didn't actually use it really until April this year, now I'm hooked and I won't even read a book if it isn't released on kindle.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I have mostly bought from Barnes and Noble, but I'm having trouble with the shipping (it's not really B&N's fault, but the post office's), and my bookshelf is already overflowing, so I am going to get a kindle and get e-books. I also check out library books from school.

message 12: by Soccer (new)

Soccer Gal | 20 comments Mod
I like to get mine from Border's, Barnes and Noble's, Amazon, or the library

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

Borders went out of business it's SO sad :'(

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

Travis wrote: "Borders went out of business it's SO sad :'("

same here i still go to my old borders place and stare at the place hopng they will come back into buisness

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Kaitlin wrote: "I have mostly bought from Barnes and Noble, but I'm having trouble with the shipping (it's not really B&N's fault, but the post office's), and my bookshelf is already overflowing, so I am going to..."

same here with too much books and shipping problems i now think that it will be much more cheaper to get a kindle ($79.00 at radio shack and www.amazon.com

message 16: by Rachel (new)

Rachel | 14 comments Either at the library or on my kindle (:

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

yup and amazon!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I like to go to my local bookstore and browse the shelves for good reads. I'll usually read a bit to see if I like it, and then I'll buy it at the store or maybe online. I also have a few bookstores in local towns that I like. :)

message 19: by Adriana (new)

Adriana That's good to have options. I only have the internet and Barnes and Noble which isn't really that bad but I kind of wish I could go to small bookstores when I wanted.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Adriana wrote: "That's good to have options. I only have the internet and Barnes and Noble which isn't really that bad but I kind of wish I could go to small bookstores when I wanted."

It's hard to find really good small bookstores anymore. I'm lucky to have so many around. They are really great too because often they have signings of smaller authors, or Indie authors like me. :D

message 21: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Oh. Your a writer?

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

Adriana wrote: "Oh. Your a writer?"

Yes. LOL I am. :)

I have two books out right now, and the next comes out in April. But I'm also a reader, thus how I love finding new books and supporting other authors like me.

message 23: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Really! What age group and genre?

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

OMG we have an author in our group thats amazing!

message 25: by Erika (last edited Jan 03, 2012 12:48PM) (new)

Erika (livingforthebooks) I never really go to the library I buy almost all of my books or I borrow them

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandra wrote: "Adriana wrote: "Oh. Your a writer?"

Yes. LOL I am. :)

I have two books out right now, and the next comes out in April. But I'm also a reader, thus how I love finding new books and supporting oth..."

What's the titles?