Books Stephen King Recommends discussion

17 views
Stephen King, THE Man > Bag of Bones Airing on A&E!!

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Debra (last edited Dec 12, 2011 06:46PM) (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Check it out, everyone! Pierce Brosnan is starring in a 2 part mini-series on A&E starting at 9pm EST (8 CST) on Dec 11th and 12th.

You can read more here:

http://www.aetv.com/news/a-e-to-prese...

and see a really CREEPY video here:

http://www.aetv.com/bag-of-bones/

and view a teaser and photos and such here:

http://darkscorestories.com/

I'm soooooo excited!!

Enjoy!
Debra


message 2: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
So did anyone tune in last night? I thought it was pretty good and faithful to the book. They have a lot of ground to cover tonight.

So what did you think?


message 3: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Soooo.... did anyone watch the whole thing? What did you think?


message 4: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments I was out of town and did not get a chance to watch - do you know if they are going to air it again????


message 5: by Debra (last edited Dec 14, 2011 07:46AM) (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "I was out of town and did not get a chance to watch - do you know if they are going to air it again????"

It looks like part 1 is going to air this Friday, the 16th at 8pm EST, followed by part 2 at 10:00 EST. Also, Sunday at 1:00 pm and 3:00 pm. Hope you get to catch it.


message 6: by Almeta, co-moderator (new)

Almeta (menfrommarrs) | 1093 comments Mod
Watched it.

Enjoyed it.

Probably would have gotten into it more if that little green gecko wasn't trying to sell me car insurance every 10 minutes!

Occasionally, I had the thought that Pierce resembled Stephen!


message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments Debra wrote: "Linda wrote: "I was out of town and did not get a chance to watch - do you know if they are going to air it again????"

It looks like part 1 is going to air this Friday, the 16th at 8pm EST, follow..."


Thanks Debra, I really want to see it, I wonder if I will have time to squeeze it in. I still need to finish Christmas shopping!!!!


message 8: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments Wow!! I just watched the trailer - very CREEPY!!! I really need to try to squeeze this in this weekend.....


message 9: by glenda (new)

glenda (ayngelwing) I really enjoyed the show, and I think they did a good job with it.


message 10: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Overall, I thought it was pretty good. The old lady caretaker part was a bit over the top, but otherwise it was good and creepy!


message 11: by glenda (new)

glenda (ayngelwing) lol, yes, someone should definitely tell her less is more!


message 12: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
glenda wrote: "lol, yes, someone should definitely tell her less is more!"

definitely!


message 13: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "Wow!! I just watched the trailer - very CREEPY!!! I really need to try to squeeze this in this weekend....."

I hope you get a chance to see it, Linda! I think it was worth it, in spite of all the annoying commercial breaks!


message 14: by Kit★ (new)

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) I'll have to wait until/if it's released on DVD, but really want to watch it!


message 15: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments So, I got a chance to watch the first 1/2 of Bag of Bones - very good so far. The network is running the 2nd 1/2 tonight, but I put that one on the DVR - I am sure that I would have fallen asleep before it was over and I didn't want to miss it. I read this book a few years ago and trying to follow the story line - I think I need to pick up the audio and give it a quick listen after I finish with the movie.


message 16: by Carly (new)

Carly Svamvour (faganlady) | 14 comments Loved it!


message 17: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "So, I got a chance to watch the first 1/2 of Bag of Bones - very good so far. The network is running the 2nd 1/2 tonight, but I put that one on the DVR - I am sure that I would have fa..."

So, Linda! What did you think?


message 18: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Carly wrote: "Loved it!"

Me too, Carly!


message 19: by Linda (new)

Linda Boyd (boydlinda95gmailcom) | 598 comments Loved it!, but I think I would have liked a different ending. It made me want to go back and read the book again, I read it so long ago. Maybe I will listen to the audio version......


message 20: by Debra (new)

Debra (debra_t) | 2574 comments Mod
Linda wrote: "Loved it!, but I think I would have liked a different ending. It made me want to go back and read the book again, I read it so long ago. Maybe I will listen to the audio version......"

Yeah, I want to read the book again, too. I think it's about time I started re-reading some of King's books. Most I've read at least 2 times, but not all of them.


back to top