You'll love this one...!! A book club & more discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Closed Discussion Topic > Friday Five

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48838 comments I'm not sure how to interpret this, but I'll give it a go.

1. Cats or Dogs

2. I've never thrown a book against the wall. I've thrown one or two on the floor.

3. All of the above. :)

4. I hate it when a book has a lousy ending.

5. They say the nose knows, but I think I'd go for Doctor Zhivago.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (lonelydoll21) | 84 comments Here's my interpretation:
1. Vampires or Graphic?

2. Yes, that horrible book, The Shack. (Don't get me started.)

3. A great setting

4. 's cover gets redone when the movie adaptation comes out and has the picture of the movie's stars on the cover. The stars don't always look like the characters as described by the author and it will distort my visual image of them.

5. "e" - except maybe stories set in Russia during WWII. We don't read much about that side of the war too much.

message 3: by Janice, Moderator (new)

Janice (jamasc) | 48838 comments Michelle, I think The Shack was one of the books I threw on the floor!

Cheryl is busier irl atm. (cherylllr) I'm not sure what you're asking either, but isn't it fun to see how we-all interpret the questions!

1. Steinbeck, biology, food, visual

2. No, I was raised by a librarian who was raised by people who survived the Great Depression. All books get treated with respect.

3. Humor

4. I like Michelle's answer about movie tie-in covers, but at this point I'll say - a facile ending. When everything just gets wrapped up all quickly & prettily.

5. I have not managed to understand or appreciate anything that I've tried to read from Russia since High School when I was impressed by
One Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

1. Is it.....

a) Shakespeare
b) biology
c) the Phillipines
d) visual
e) thrones or dominions?

2. Have you ever .....

a) thrown a book against the wall? (Let us in on the gory details, if you wish.)

No, though my roommate threw Everything You Always Wanted to Know About Sex but Were Afraid to Ask out the window, and I once flung down a copy of a Zenna Henderson novel in frustration upon learning that I had not won a New York magazine competition.

3. What improves a book ....

e) a smart writer.

4. I hate it when a book ........

a) creates a world that is not internatlly consistent.

5. Russian, anyone?
None of the above. Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.