Folklore & Fairytales discussion

King Arthur/Merlin

Comments (showing 1-7 of 7) (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 4 comments I am currently reading The Crystal Cave but am looking to read more Arthur/Merlin books. I want to read Thomas Mallory and Alfred Lord Tennyson's books. Any other suggestions?
Thanks,
Jessi

message 2: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 4 comments Thanks so much Chandra I appreciate it =)

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael | 24 comments The Knightly Tales of Sir Gawain is a really good collection of medieval stories about Gawain, told in modern prose. It's no longer in print, but you should be able to get a second-hand copy off the internet easily enough.

message 4: by Duntay (new)

Duntay | 6 comments There is a Goodreads group called 'Arthuriana - all things King Arthur!. It is not very active but has a bookshelf:
http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9264

The poet Simon Armitage's translation of "Gawain and the Green Knight" is very good.

message 5: by Michael (last edited Nov 13, 2011 02:53AM) (new)

Michael | 24 comments Oh, yeah - I'm a member of that Group, so I should have thought of that, too! As Duntay says, it's not very active, but I did read Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight on there earlier this year.

message 6: by Jessi (new)

Jessi | 4 comments Thanks you so much for all this recommendations everyone I really really appreciate it

message 7: by Nikki (new)

Nikki  (shanaqui) | 18 comments If you look at my Arthurian shelf, there's a looot of stuff on there. Some of it is medieval, but it should be tagged as such -- so you can seek that out or avoid it, as your inclinations lead you.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Knightly Tales of Sir Gawain (other topics)
Sword of the Valiant: The Legend of Sir Gawain and the Green Knight (other topics)