Darkfever (Fever, #1) Darkfever discussion

Any Romance in this Series?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 95 (95 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy I have started the "Fever" series and i am already half way through the second book BloodFever..and i was just wondering...IS THERE ANY ROMANCE IN THIS SERIES???? There has been no affection between the main characters at all..except the small kiss the heroine thinks she remember when she was out of it from being beat up in the first book DarkFever and the weird reaction to the Fae Prince....but is there any love connections in this series or what????

Lisa-Marie It has one but you have to wait to get to it, its not really a romance novel at all. It is worth the read you will be so hooked by the end you will want more.

message 3: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Lisa-Marie wrote: "It has one but you have to wait to get to it, its not really a romance novel at all. It is worth the read you will be so hooked by the end you will want more."

Thanks....I am enjoying the series...it reads very exciting...i just usually lean more towards romance in my novels..and this one so far has been a dud in the romance department...but i will keep reading..

Lisa-Marie My friend is on the last book and she was commenting on the lack of emotions in Mac earlier on in the books. Now she is hooked and in love with Barrons, lol.

message 5: by Shanna (last edited Nov 11, 2011 01:16AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Shanna Yeah I was waiting for it too...
There is this scene (not included in the book and from Barron's POV) though to me it's shade too close to rape, not really romantic
http://www.karenmoning.com/kmm/jzbsce...
tell me what you think

Lobna U will find some in number 4 and mostly in 5
and that series made me wanna kill someone

message 7: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Shanna wrote: "Yeah I was waiting for it too...
There is this scene (not included in the book and from Barron's POV) though to me it's shade too close to rape, not really romantic
http://www.karenmoning.com/km..."

interesting perspective....didn't scream rape to me...i dont thinks she ever said "NO"...wish that was written in the book...that would explain all the glances at her chest he gives her in the first 2 books;)

Lisa-Marie you have to remember he said it might not be true. but there is an attraction there.

Cindy This is an amazing series. Love Love loved Mac and Barrons. Althought the love interest don't really show up till the third book the series is worth the time.

Karen Marie Moning is a great writer if you want more romance I would sugguest her highlander series!

Shanna Joy wrote: "Shanna wrote: "Yeah I was waiting for it too...
http://www.kar..."

It's not that she said no or not, it's that he took her memory "knowing" that's how she might feel in the morning. It's the deliberate taking of her memory interfering with her free will that's the disturbing part for me

message 11: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee you should also remember, that KMM recommends not reading that POV scene until you've read the entire series so as to understand Mac on all levels

Cathleen the fever series is an amazing one in my opinion....faefever is probably my favorite of the five...but its definitely not huge on the romance scenes...but kmm is a wonderful author and i do recommend if u havent finished it yet...to do so its worth it!!!!
if ur looking for a series about the fae that has romance in it try the meredith gentry series by laurell k hamilton.....those books are amazing!!!!

Chris Keep reading. This series is fabulous!

message 14: by Felicia (new) - added it

Felicia Marie Ciaudelli I love this series, too and am currently on the last book - have a few of the Highlander books in my TBR Pile.

message 15: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Cathleen wrote: "the fever series is an amazing one in my opinion....faefever is probably my favorite of the five...but its definitely not huge on the romance scenes...but kmm is a wonderful author and i do recomme..."

thank you..I will try laurell k Hamiltons fae series....and iam definately going to finish the fever series...love it so far...

Jessie I love this series and was recently surprised to find it listed as a romance novel. I think there is that sexual tension and buildup in all the books but the real romance and "feelings" dont really showcase til the last two books. I view them more as paranormal suspense.

message 17: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Jessie wrote: "I love this series and was recently surprised to find it listed as a romance novel. I think there is that sexual tension and buildup in all the books but the real romance and "feelings" dont really..."

yeah..i started this series because it was listed as a romance novel, but it totally isn't...but iam glad i started it because i love it so far..

Jessie I recommend this series to everyone, including strangers on the street!

message 19: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee def. not a traditional romance, it falls right in the realm of urban fantasy - along with Kate Daniels, Mercy Thompson and Cat/Bones. The most common complaint I hear about this book, besides hating Mac in the first book, is that they were expecting more romance - so I always preface my recommendation with telling ppl its not traditional

Bridget Bowers I totally agree that to list is as a romance is somewhat misleading, but the story just sucks you in and won't let go. I loved every moment of it and watching the relationship grow and change with Mac and Barrons is a real treat.

I read the first four all at once and then had to wait six months for the final book. I could hardly stand it! It had been a long while since I was so hooked to get to the end of a series.

message 21: by Felicia (new) - added it

Felicia Marie Ciaudelli Dee wrote: "def. not a traditional romance, it falls right in the realm of urban fantasy - along with Kate Daniels, Mercy Thompson and Cat/Bones. The most common complaint I hear about this book, besides hati..."

It definitely IS different - but that is the cool thing about the series!

AnnMarie Definitely not romance in the traditional sense. Personally, I am so obsessed trying to figure out JZ Barrons that the romance is not that important to me. He is a character written like no other and from what I understand, even at the last book, no one has still figured him out! That alone makes this series so great to me.

message 23: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee KMM has another series coming out next year - there is going to be a 3 book arc - the first one featuring Dani, and then supposedly 2 more about Mac and Barrons

message 24: by Felicia (new) - added it

Felicia Marie Ciaudelli Dee wrote: "KMM has another series coming out next year - there is going to be a 3 book arc - the first one featuring Dani, and then supposedly 2 more about Mac and Barrons"

That will be cool, Dee - I love Dani!

Jessie Hmmmm... who do you think her love interest is? Dancer?

message 26: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee i think so - its going to be interesting - KMM has said its going to straddle the line between YA and the dark UF of the fever series - she doesn't really want to put it into any solid category

Reanna Hanley I loved the Fever Series and can't wait to read the spin-off. I was a little disappointed about the lack of romance but the series was written well enough to keep me interested. I actually read the series out of order though too, found the 3rd book in our work library not realizing it was part of a series. I then bought and read the 2nd then 1st and then read the entire series in order until the 5th(had to wait a few months for that one, that sucked. Was definitely impressed with the series though and couldn't pick a favorite book in the series. I also have the first 2 of her Highlander series in my TBR pile, just not sure when I'll start it.

message 28: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy just finished FaeFever...what a leave off...now i have to run to the book store...and get the 4th book...hope they are open...What a great series...

message 29: by Dee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dee for me, the first two highlanders were the weakest - they weren't really tied into the fever world - books 3 and on are part of the world with the mackeltar's

Christi Barth The romance is a slow burn, and all the more satisfying for making you wait through so many books. The last book delivers one of the strongest romantic punches of all time. Stick with it, and you'll be on here raving about it very, very soon.

message 31: by Jessen (new) - added it

Jessen Jardin yea there is romance in this book, but it does take a while for it to spark. Its more in the next few books that come after it. But let me say when it does get started WOW blow your socks off.

message 32: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Jessen wrote: "yea there is romance in this book, but it does take a while for it to spark. Its more in the next few books that come after it. But let me say when it does get started WOW blow your socks off."

looking forward to having my socks blown off::))

message 33: by Jessen (new) - added it

Jessen Jardin Joy wrote: "Jessen wrote: "yea there is romance in this book, but it does take a while for it to spark. Its more in the next few books that come after it. But let me say when it does get started WOW blow your ..."

haha yea, i loved this these books! after reading them i went in search for more just like it. but too bad for me , i haven't found any as good and as suspenseful. The whole time i was "on the edge of my seat" i hope you enjoy them as much as i did.

Bridget Bowers Joy wrote: "Jessen wrote: "yea there is romance in this book, but it does take a while for it to spark. Its more in the next few books that come after it. But let me say when it does get started WOW blow your ..."

I read the series several months ago and still haven't found my socks!

I'm reading it again so I don't know what might blow off this time!

message 35: by Joy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Joy Bridget wrote: "Joy wrote: "Jessen wrote: "yea there is romance in this book, but it does take a while for it to spark. Its more in the next few books that come after it. But let me say when it does get started WO..."

good....i would enjoy cold toes:)))

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ Just finished reading Bloodfever and now reading Faefever.

Olivia The story does have romance in it. It just takes a while to see the spark lol I have all of the books and it's worth reading at the end :)

message 38: by Tami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tami One of my favorite series' so far. I loved that it took so long for the romance to spark. There was so much sexual tension from the moment Mac met Barrons, that the wait was well worth it. I wouldn't really call it 'romance' though as much as 'release' lol. The Highlander series is where all the romance is. Even though the first 2 are not part of the 'Fever' world, they are still really good.

Bridget Bowers Be ready for chilly toes, Joy!

message 40: by Tami (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tami ALSO.. if you LOVED the MacKelters in the Highlander series, you may also like the McTiernay's. Check out Michele Sinclair's books!!

Jackie The best series ever - and there is romance eventually! - but all the better for the wait - and I will never again eat a mango without Thinking 'Ahhhh Barrons'

GinaMarie This is my absolute favorite series to date! It has everything,Romance~Intrique~good bad guys!Love Love It!

Angie ~aka Reading Machine~ I just finished reading the last book Shadowfever. The romance and chemistry between Mac and Barrons is undeniable. Shadowfever is probably my favorite book of the series.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

As such there is no romance in this book.But yeah it is still romantic in its own way.You will find more romance in the next books.Not those romantic scenes but still some of the yhings which you will love about both.

Brandy I love this series I have read them all twice now. There is romance but not the mushy, lovey romance most people are looking for it is more hard core, real life, break your heart love. If you are looking for Mushy, lovey romance this is not the book. But I promise if you keep reading you will be hooked and if you dont not fall head over heels with Barrons there is seriously something wrong. If Mushy is what you are looking for ead the Highlander series. Man oh man those are great romance novels. Happy reading!!

Jessie This series is so great! It boggles my mind that more people aren't into this?

Jessie Believe me, I have. I think my friends and family will shoot me if they hear, "so did you read the fever series yet? You gotta read it, You gotta read it!"

Stephanie Jessie I agree! I absolutely love this series....obsessed with JZB. This series would be a lot bigger than Twilight as far as I'm concerned.

message 49: by Jvo (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jvo I loved this book so far out of all the book i have read this series was my favorite i loved that the romance between the 2 main characters wasn't your typical love story i love twilight but that kind of romance is getting boring its everywhere. i recommend this book to anyone i was on the edge of my seat the entire time i read this series once i got past the excessive explaining of everything lol.

Stephanie Jvo wrote: "I loved this book so far out of all the book i have read this series was my favorite i loved that the romance between the 2 main characters wasn't your typical love story i love twilight but that k..."

Jvo - I did tire of the long explanations and descriptions too but it was well worth it!

« previous 1