Chemical Disaster discussion

Challenges > 2012 Total Book Challenge

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nikki (new)

Nikki I know it is premature to think about how many books you will read next year, but I was wondering how many books you want to read in 2012?

message 2: by Nikki (new)

Nikki My goal is 50 for 2012. I have read 31 so far this year with a goal of 35 and want to up my game for next.

message 3: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (jaidelily) | 19 comments I think I can do 50 next year.

message 4: by Nikki (new)

Nikki I would have thought that you would do way more than that! How many have you read this year?

message 5: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (jaidelily) | 19 comments I have no idea, but sometimes I'll go through a period of time where I don't read much, because of work and school and stuff taking up extra time. Fifty books is one every week, that seems pretty reasonable. And, if I beat the challenge, then yay me. =-)

message 6: by Nikki (new)

Nikki That is how I am too. Sometimes all I want to do is read then I take a break in between unless it is a series that I am really into. I think having something to look at as a visual goal will help me to get there. Although I was thinking that at 50 books, I practically have to read one a week. That might be hard during the summer months. maybe......

message 7: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valinflipflops) | 8 comments omg, i will never read 50 books in a year, idk how many i've read this year, but its not close to that. I'll have to think about this one.

message 8: by Nikki (new)

Nikki Val I was surprised at the number that I have for this year and I know that if I have something to shoot to it will be easier. Maybe start with a lower number and see how you do. then if you go passed it you'll know ....

message 9: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey (jaidelily) | 19 comments Yeah, just start low, and up your goal 5 books every time you beat it. =-P

message 10: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (valinflipflops) | 8 comments first i should figure out how many i've read this year. i'm sure i've read more this year than any other year though...

message 11: by Nikki (new)

Nikki I used the 2011 read challenge that is on my homepage. That is how that I knew that I have read 33 this year. In your "read" list you can mark what day you finished and what year. Some of them I knew they were this year but not when, it still worked. Try that.....

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 11 comments I would honestly be happy if I could read 10 books this year...yay motherhood! I've been trying to finish The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest for two months now!