Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archived "Buddy Reads" > Calendar - Now with bookcovers!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 121 (121 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jul 30, 2012 09:32AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Testing this out. Let me know what you think. Here is a link to a Bravenet calendar.

A
lot
of
returns
because
the
silly
ads
are
in
the
way!

Keep
scrolling!

Almost
there!

August "Buddy Read" Calendar - link to online calendar with online hyperlinks.
Silk Is For Seduction (The Dressmakers, #1) by Loretta Chase A Rake's Vow (Cynster, #2) by Stephanie Laurens Sweet Dreams (Colorado Mountain, #2) by Kristen Ashley An Affair with Mr. Kennedy (The Gentlemen of Scotland Yard, #1) by Jillian Stone The Betrayal of the Blood Lily (Pink Carnation, #6) by Lauren Willig Bonds of Justice (Psy-Changeling, #8) by Nalini Singh Scandal's Bride (Cynster, #3) by Stephanie Laurens
description

July "Buddy Read" Calendar

July "Buddy Read" Calendar
The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1) by Kristen Ashley Destiny Child of the Sky (Symphony of Ages, #3) by Elizabeth Haydon Devil's Bride (Cynster, #1) by Stephanie Laurens The Temptation of the Night Jasmine (Pink Carnation, #5) by Lauren Willig Blaze of Memory (Psy-Changeling, #7) by Nalini Singh Silent In The Grave  by Deanna Raybourn
description

KEY

RLftCI = Photobucket
Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

HEAC = Photobucket
Happily Ever After Café

NBRC = Photobucket
Nothing But Reading Challenges

SOS! = Photobucket
SOS: Serious Overload of Series

TMF! = description
Teresa Medeiros Fans!

W&MRL = Photobucket
Western & Medieval Romance Lover

Note: You can click on the >> arrows in the upper corners to check out future months. If you click home, it will take you back to the RLftCI "Buddy Read" thread.

I added links to those "buddy reads" not in RLftCI . If you click on the book title, it will take you to another screen.
Details:     GoodReads Link!
If you click on GoodReads Link!, it will take to where the "buddy read" is located.

message 2: by willaful (new)

willaful Very cute.

message 3: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Thanks!

message 4: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments wow Lisa! That's nice. thank you for doing that.

message 5: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sure. I'm listening to Shit My Dad Says by Justin Halpern while I'm doing it and I'm laughing so hard I can barely type. ☺

message 6: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments That's great Lisa Kay! Thanks :-)

message 7: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Additions made to comment #1.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3220 comments Great job Lisa Kay!

message 9: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments This is great, now I won't get so confused on my reading assignments. lol

message 10: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Glad you like it.

message 11: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Calendar updated with Group Series Read starting in December, Slave to Sensation (Psy-Changeling, #1) by Nalini Singh

message 12: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Added Blood Bound (Mercedes Thompson, #2) by Patricia Briggs which starts 11/15 over in the NBRC group.

message 13: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jan 01, 2012 04:05AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Did some screen prints. Also updated calendar. RLftCI links to the list of "buddy reads," NBRC to the main page as BRs are (mostly) under the authors' names, and to Scandalous Desires BR directly as HEAC rarely does BRs, and the date (26th of December) is tenative.
Scandalous Desires (Maiden Lane #3) by Elizabeth Hoyt

KEY

RLftCI = Photobucket
Romance Lovers for the Challenge-Impaired

HEAC = Photobucket
Happily Ever After Café

NBRC = Photobucket
Nothing But Reading Challenges

TMF! = description
Teresa Medeiros Fans!

Photobucket

message 14: by Cindy (new)

Cindy | 18 comments This looks great, Thanks so much for putting this together!

message 15: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments You're quite welcome, Cindy!

message 16: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Holy Guacamole Lisa Kay!!!!!

You are a genius! Love it, thank you!

message 17: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Awww... **blushes**

message 18: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments December Calendar updated to add two "buddy reads" to NBRC group:
Blue-Eyed Devil (Travises, #2) by Lisa Kleypas Heartless (The Parasol Protectorate, #4) by Gail Carriger

Heartless is a tenative date, awaiting group consensus.

Note: If you go to the calendar website in Post #1, those "buddy reads" that do not appear under Romance Lovers for the Challenged-Impaired group will have hyperlinks to the other groups' threads.

message 19: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Eek! Why didn't anyone tell me I had two Decembers posted instead of November/December. Oh, maybe you can't read my mind. Never mind this rant.

message 20: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments LOL, Lisa, I hadn't noticed. So I have no powers of observation as well as no mind-reading :-)

message 21: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments LMAO! You're killing me, CaroB.

message 22: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Dec 01, 2011 12:49PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I don't know how I'm going to fit this in as a "buddy read," but I'm going to give it a shot as it is by one of my favorite authors. NBRC group - BR link for Silver Lining. Unsure of start date! Waiting for someone to get it from the library.

Silver Lining by Maggie Osborne

message 23: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Dec 11, 2011 07:50AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Okay, a January "Buddy Read" Calendar has been posted. The 16th is Martin Luther King Day. (When I try to put that on next to the little black guy's head, it added another icon, so I skipped it.) If you go to the link in the first post, and hold your cursor over it, an explaination will appear. Also, remember, for those BRs not in RLftCI, there are hyperlinks to other groups BRs.

Also notice that Teresa Medeiros Fans! = TMF! has been added (to Dec.) and has as its icon an Ice Cream Cone description.

message 24: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Wait a second... uploading!

message 25: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Done!

message 26: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I don't know if anyone will want to refer to it in the future, but I have moved the old "Buddy Reads" Calendar for November to Archived BR Calendars.

message 27: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Thanks Lisa Kay!

message 28: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Thanks Lisa Kay for updating this.

message 29: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Sure, ladies. ☺

message 30: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Dec 19, 2011 02:52PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Updated January's calendar. Note books have been added:

HEAC will read a classic book, but the results of the poll will not be revealed until Jan 1st.

Rhapsody Child of Blood (Symphony of Ages, #1) by Elizabeth Haydon Daybreak by Ellen Connor Second Grave on the Left (Charley Davidson, #2) by Darynda Jones Lover Eternal (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #2) by J.R. Ward Iron Kissed (Mercedes Thompson, #3) by Patricia Briggs One Day by David Nicholls

message 31: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Dec 19, 2011 02:48PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Added Queen of Dragons (Drakon #3) by Shana Abé to January.

message 32: by Lina (last edited Dec 19, 2011 03:30PM) (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Holey Sheets, I've just realised I'm in for all of those!

message 33: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments LMAO! Oh boy, Caro! I don't know why I'm laughing. I'm in for all but one.

message 34: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I sure hope they spell whatever I need to spell, LOL!

message 35: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Lisa Kay wrote: "I sure hope they spell whatever I need to spell, LOL!"

ROFL! Yep, I'm taking a leaf out of Susan's book (pun intended) and trying to get as many of my reads to fit into other challenges as possible.

message 36: by Susan (susayq ~), Moderator (new)

Susan (susayq ~) (susayq) | 6062 comments :)

message 37: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Jan 01, 2012 04:01AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments The "Buddy Read" Online calendar and GR visual calendar for January updated in Post #1.

message 38: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Eek! Wait, uploading. Man-oh-man! I do this every month.

message 39: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Done! ☺

message 40: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Thanks Lisa Kay!

message 41: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Here is the February Buddy Read Online Calendar at Bravenet.

Remember: There are hyperlinks to where the "buddy read" is, unless it is here, in the RLftCI group.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't post the visual calendar you can see in this thread.

Here are the books on the calendar so far:

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) by Lauren Willig Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 42: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Update calendar again! Added Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare over in NBRC. Here is the February Buddy Read Online Calendar at Bravenet.

Remember: There are hyperlinks to where the "buddy read" is, unless it is here, in the RLftCI group.

I'm not at home right now, so I can't post the visual calendar you can see in this thread.

Here are the books on the calendar so far:

The Secret History of the Pink Carnation (Pink Carnation, #1) by Lauren Willig Visions of Heat (Psy-Changeling, #2) by Nalini Singh Smooth Talking Stranger (Travises, #3) by Lisa Kleypas Kiss of Fire (Dragonfire, #1) by Deborah Cooke Rainshadow Road (Friday Harbor, #2) by Lisa Kleypas

message 43: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments February "Buddy Read" calendar posted above. Online calendar also updated. Remember, "BRs" in other groups are linked from/to the online calendar.

message 44: by Lina (new)

Lina | 5563 comments Thanks Lisa Kay!

message 45: by Heather (new)

Heather (messybar) | 1307 comments Thanks for the heads up, I had planned on reading Kiss of Fire in February anyway so I'll join the BR .

message 46: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Great!

message 47: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Third Grave Dead Ahead (Charley Davidson, #3) by Darynda Jones has been added to the “Buddy Read” calendar for February 25, 2012.

message 48: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 11, 2012 03:52AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Note to self: Add Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1) by Jodi Thomas 3/12; Western and Medieval Romance Lovers (already on calendar with hyperlink, but needs icon). Link to Texas Rain "Buddy Read"

March "Buddy Read" Calendar

message 49: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (last edited Feb 11, 2012 03:53AM) (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments Added Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs to start 3/1 (NBRC) and Prophecy Child of Earth (Symphony of Ages, #2) by Elizabeth Haydon to start 3/5 (RLftCI).

message 50: by Lisa Kay, Moderator (new)

Lisa Kay (lisakayalicemaria) | 20797 comments I posted a "viewable" calendar in Post #1 above. It is also available on-line at Bravenet.com. At the Bravenet.com calendar, you can ask for "reminders" to be sent to you for those books that are not in RLftCI group. (They have hyperlinks to the "buddy read" locations.)

Books on the calendar so far:
Bone Crossed (Mercedes Thompson, #4) by Patricia Briggs Prophecy Child of Earth (Symphony of Ages, #2) by Elizabeth Haydon Texas Rain (Whispering Mountain, #1) by Jodi Thomas Lucky Penny by Catherine Anderson The Masque of the Black Tulip by Lauren Willig

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.