Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7) Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows discussion

Who Was Disappointed When They Didn't Get Their Letter???

Comments Showing 1-50 of 76 (76 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Lucinda I was really devastated when I turned 11 and found out that I would not, in fact, be going to Hogwarts and was not a witch! Anyone else?

Jennifer Dupriest Yep, me too...

Emily I waited all year for that letter. Then when it didn't come I was convinced the owl that was suppoused to have dilivered it was Eerol. Problem solved.:)

AnnieB I was really sad. I even think one of my friends started crying. If i remember right...

♥ Caitlin Yes, I REALLY wanted to go! But I received my welcome email from Pottermore last September, which made up for it a little bit. :)

Julia ME!!!! :c
Lol, my sister sat in her room for days.......
I wasn't quite that depressed, but I did spend the next couple days not talking..... hhmmmm...

Julia Lucinda wrote: "I was really devastated when I turned 11 and found out that I would not, in fact, be going to Hogwarts and was not a witch! Anyone else?"

My life story exactly. :'''c

Jacqui I was 11 when I first read this book and I started to cry because I had missed out! :-(

Avital ha ha I started reading the series at the age of...9 I think, and never did I fell for it or wondered if I'll get a letter or not. I'm not a muggle, hell no, this series just ain't real!

Julia Avital wrote: "ha ha I started reading the series at the age of...9 I think, and never did I fell for it or wondered if I'll get a letter or not. I'm not a muggle, hell no, this series just ain't real!"

Lol I like to tell myself it's real, :P
Don't ask why............ Because I have NO idea.
Lol I just wish it were

Valerie Me. I sometimes pretended I was a witch and all, but it didn't have the same spark as pretending I got a letter. And when I didn't get one, I died of sorrow.

Lindis Russell My daughter has a bumper sticker that says "I didn't get my letter to Hogwarts so I'm moving to Forks."

He he he, I know I'm still waiting for mine to show up!

Jacqui Lindis wrote My daughter has a bumper sticker that says "I didn't get my letter to Hogwarts so I'm moving to Forks."

OMG I want one!!

Lucas I was! :'( :'(

Nicholas I was very sad and it would have been awesome to get a letter.

Atlantic Gem *sigh* Im' waaaaaayyyyy too far from England.

Julia My friend told me she was going to make me a fake on for my 11th birthday but I told her not to because it would make me even more depressed ;C

message 19: by 8 (new) - rated it 5 stars

8 how do you know that the American version of Hogwarts doesnt have a different age limit. It might be 11 in britan, but it could by like 16 in America. I am still waiting although im over 16. Im just hoping. and maybe the reason why only very few people are allowed in ivy league schools is because their witches and wizards. you
never know

message 20: by 8 (new) - rated it 5 stars

8 Emily wrote: "I waited all year for that letter. Then when it didn't come I was convinced the owl that was suppoused to have dilivered it was Eerol. Problem solved.:)"

haha great solution, ive never heard that before

Hannah Me! :(

Jasmine super sad:(

Jasmine ♥ Caitlin wrote: "Yes, I REALLY wanted to go! But I received my welcome email from Pottermore last September, which made up for it a little bit. :)"
What's Pottermore???

Jasmine Emily wrote: "I waited all year for that letter. Then when it didn't come I was convinced the owl that was suppoused to have dilivered it was Eerol. Problem solved.:)"

good theory.(you're probably right, knowing Earol)

Lucinda I think we should all stick with that theory from now on, so then, we probably are all witches and wizards!

Lindis Russell Jasmine wrote: "♥ Caitlin wrote: "Yes, I REALLY wanted to go! But I received my welcome email from Pottermore last September, which made up for it a little bit. :)"
What's Pottermore???"

Pottermore is J.K.R.'s new website. It's supposed to be very cool, have things like telling more about the charachter's pasts, side stories etc. She opened it up only to a few fans to help her build the site. Get their feed back she want's it to be very fan driven.

However the problem is, it's not open yet. It's was supposed to be open to the public on October 31st. But, it's not ready. So who knows how long it will be. I'm a little angry about it, but what can I do? I'll just have to wait like almost everyone else!

Coletta Fuller Valerie wrote: "Me. I sometimes pretended I was a witch and all, but it didn't have the same spark as pretending I got a letter. And when I didn't get one, I died of sorrow."
Same here

Coletta Fuller Austin wrote: "how do you know that the American version of Hogwarts doesnt have a different age limit. It might be 11 in britan, but it could by like 16 in America. I am still waiting although im over 16. Im jus..."

Maybe... thanks, I never thought of that.

message 29: by Kins (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kins If my kid ever reads Harry Potter, I'll be sure to rent some owls and slip them a letter on their 11th birthday.

Then relish in their disappointment when I finally tell them it's a fake and there's no such thing as magic-your eleven now and it's time you grew up.

I am going to be the greatest mother ever.

Uditi Well you know what- maybe they missed me during all the Voldemort stuff. I'm sure they'll get around to it now that all the drama's over.
And if they don't well then i'll purposely fail all my muggle exams and head to Hogwarts myself.

Emily I was really sad when i didn't get mine. I had dreams about getting my letter for like two weeks before I realized that I wasn't a witch. It made me very sad. But...there's still hope, right? *sigh* I'm just telling myself this so I'm not all sad and depressed all the time. ;)

Emily Haha, I'm going to scar my poor children and make a big scene over them not getting a letter. I'm going to convince them they're squibs.

Emily Oh that's nice.

message 34: by drew (new)

drew Two weeks before I turned 11, I went around shouting, "wait suckers, just wait! I'll be gone before you know it!" :( Still here. And waiting. Then I was convinced they mailed it to my old address, because I had just moved. But most of our mail was FWD'd. So I got really upset, had a meltdown and started cursing out Errol, 'cause I was convinced he messed up. I had a meltdown again when I learned I wasn't a witch & would never be getting a letter.

Emily Well, we can still dream!

message 36: by drew (new)

drew I put it on my Christmas list this year, again, for the _____ amount of years in a row.

Emily Are you kidding me? that's great!

Emily Haha, I thought I was the only one who was dissapointed. This proves I'm not completely insane. Day Made :)

Emily Don't worry. Everyone is a little insane! Be proud of it!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Me!!!! I was SO sad!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, considering I haven't turned eleven yet, I wasn't, but aim expecting it.

Graham Haehnle Lucinda wrote: "I was really devastated when I turned 11 and found out that I would not, in fact, be going to Hogwarts and was not a witch! Anyone else?"

I felt the same exact way! I truly and honisy depended so dearly on thease books that I still now finde myself thinking it was real!!!!! :'(

Jasmine J Avital wrote: "ha ha I started reading the series at the age of...9 I think, and never did I fell for it or wondered if I'll get a letter or not. I'm not a muggle, hell no, this series just ain't real!"

haha same here!!

Rachel omg i was devestated!! I was soo depressed i fell into the clutches of "Twilight". :/

Lostshadows No, but I might have been if HP had existed back then. (Being old has some perks.;) )

message 46: by Abi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abi I JUST GOT MY LETTER!! But see the thing is I don't know where to get an owl..or wizard money...:/

message 47: by Abi (new) - rated it 5 stars

Abi Everalencorleone* wrote: "omg i was devestated!! I was soo depressed i fell into the clutches of "Twilight". :/"

TWILIGHT?! |-(

message 48: by Afri (new) - rated it 5 stars

Afri I started reading the books when I was 10 and I was really sad when no letter arrived.
But while reading the fourth book I realized that there is no school in Germany, so that made sense for me. :)

Kathy Who said I didn't get it ;) lol jk sooooo disappointing!!!!!

« previous 1