Supa awesome book group discussion

fav books

Comments Showing 1-50 of 81 (81 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) favorite book recs?

message 2: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Harry Potter - and to prove it:

[image error]

message 3: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Isairon wrote: "Harry Potter - and to prove it:

"

that is SO funny! I love Eragon but I won't have proof like you!

message 4: by Isabella (new)

Isabella look up eragon funny on google images - and i promise u - u will ;D

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

wow very impressing!, harry potter fan as well but only watched the movies

message 6: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Isairon wrote: "look up eragon funny on google images - and i promise u - u will ;D"

ok

message 7: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "wow very impressing!, harry potter fan as well but only watched the movies"

i have to read them

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

tigers curse series, drink/slay/love, goddess test, nightshade series and so on

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Veeney369 wrote: "Robin wrote: "wow very impressing!, harry potter fan as well but only watched the movies"

i have to read them"

i see

message 10: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Robin wrote: "tigers curse series, drink/slay/love, goddess test, nightshade series and so on"

lol hey Robin

message 11: by Rohan (new)

Rohan Martin Eden by Jack London - for all those dyed in the wool romantics who think that writing is a lifestyle, here is the remedy.

In Another Light by Andrew Greig - an absorbing meditation on self-knowledge, home and hidden pasts. Set in the far-east and Orkney, this is a hidden gem of modern Scottish fiction.

The Daughter of Time by Josephine Tey - still one of the very best works of detective fiction, that also serves as an example of how history is really contingent on the investigator.

Freedom by Jonathan Franzen - my first encounter with Franzen and I loved the richness of his family saga, as well as the narrative contortions his character's are put through in their various pursuits of 'freedom'. At the books end I actually felt like I knew these people.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Isairon wrote: "Robin wrote: "tigers curse series, drink/slay/love, goddess test, nightshade series and so on"

lol hey Robin"

heylo

message 13: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) hey

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

waz up

message 15: by Isabella (new)

Isabella Robin wrote: "waz up"

nothing - gravity hasn't given way yet lolz

message 16: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) nothing is up except the sky and the snow and the ceiling and the clouds and the sun and me hanging upside down reading and basically the atmoshpere! So yeah alot's up there wow I didnt even include the planets

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Isairon wrote: "Robin wrote: "waz up"

nothing - gravity hasn't given way yet lolz"

hahahahahahaha so funny that has got to be one of the funniest jokes eva

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Veeney369 wrote: "nothing is up except the sky and the snow and the ceiling and the clouds and the sun and me hanging upside down reading and basically the atmoshpere! So yeah alot's up there wow I didnt even includ..."

well the ceiling is being held up so that countsthe ceiling out. and then theres the push and pull of gravity density force and a whole lot of other nonsense the forces of gravity are pushing and pulling at each other so everything on our planet is counted out that leaves the atmosphere which is a whole other story

message 19: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "Veeney369 wrote: "nothing is up except the sky and the snow and the ceiling and the clouds and the sun and me hanging upside down reading and basically the atmoshpere! So yeah alot's up there wow I..."

yes but I included the sun so not EVERYTHING! anyways what should we talk about, besides what is up there! That's for the astronauts and such to figure out

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

funny hey did you get a copy of Tiger's Voyage (Tiger Series, #3) by Colleen Houck yet?

message 21: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "funny hey did you get a copy of Tiger's Voyage (Tiger Series, #3) by Colleen Houck yet?"

no I am still waiting for the library to get me one ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

bummer it is really good though and this book is the biggest of them all so far (whoopee)

message 23: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "bummer it is really good though and this book is the biggest of them all so far (whoopee)"

ok! So I know that I will take some time to read it! How many pages? Oh I am about to win the bet! I read over 250 pages of Eragon 4 yesterday, so i am planning to read another 250 today, then finish the reast tomorrow adn my freinds better pay up

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

wow good luck with gettn' paid in all. Tigers Voyage has 560 pages

message 25: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "wow good luck with gettn' paid in all. Tigers Voyage has 560 pages"

If my mom lets me read my eyes out(prob not) then I might finish it within 2 days

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments If I ever have time to read it, I will read it in 2 days If my little sister wll stop BUGGING me to play with her for that long!

message 27: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Sarah wrote: "If I ever have time to read it, I will read it in 2 days If my little sister wll stop BUGGING me to play with her for that long!"

ha mom adn dad bug me to "spend quality family time"by watching movies, the idea doesnt seem to amuse me, when I prefer to be by myself in the depths of my thoughts and the words written by an author

is that too much to ask?

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

no, no it is not too much to ask

message 29: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "no, no it is not too much to ask"

thanks you! Oh I just finished Eragon 4 like an hour ago...I cried! It ends so happily!!!!!!!!! But the thing is that there are no more! No more Spahira and no more Eragon! I am looking forward to Christopher's other writings! Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ps. I won the bet! Never bet a biblioholic against reading their favorite series!!!!!!!!! I am too happy! Just wished I had TV!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

hahaha! Well I am glad you won the bet!:) So theres only 4 books huh? Oh well:( Oh and no problem thats what I say to my mom when she asks me to do chores. Reading is the most important!

message 31: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "hahaha! Well I am glad you won the bet!:) So theres only 4 books huh? Oh well:( Oh and no problem thats what I say to my mom when she asks me to do chores. Reading is the most important!"

it is!!!!!!!!!!! I am just having an empty feeling, I waited for over a year, got the book and don't know what to expect, becuase I now know what happens. I mean, it was bound to end,e verything ends, but when I finsih a series I really enjoy, i just have a hollow feeling saying hello, there's no more! But Christopher said that his charcaters will take place in Alagaesia, meaning that we might encounter Eragon adn Spahira. Who knows? Just cant wait for his enxt series!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

well I hope that you get what ya wish
hey do you have an ereader

message 33: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "well I hope that you get what ya wish
hey do you have an ereader"

no. I like turning the pages. I dont know why. I just like having the book instead

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah me too
my mom wants to get me an ereader so the books are cheaper and I would get more books but I mean holding the books in your hands and the feel of the pages is just calming and adds more to the fun of reading

message 35: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "yeah me too
my mom wants to get me an ereader so the books are cheaper and I would get more books but I mean holding the books in your hands and the feel of the pages is just calming and adds more..."

yeah. Escpecially, when something very compeeling happens in the books, and I want to reread a paragraph, it is very easy to do, other than trying to touch the screen of the e-reader to get back to the pages. Plus, they can cause malfunctions

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

no kiddin' did ya know that there is a nook for only $99.00 pretty cheap for nooks these days but no matter how low they go on the readers I still have a signed contract to always read from the books books

message 37: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "no kiddin' did ya know that there is a nook for only $99.00 pretty cheap for nooks these days but no matter how low they go on the readers I still have a signed contract to always read from the boo..."

hahahaha signed contract? Sounds like a cell phone!

message 38: by [deleted user] (new)

funny! No its a joke but ya know there could be a joke out there

message 39: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "funny! No its a joke but ya know there could be a joke out there"

hmmmmmmmmmmm.........

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah you know i try to be funny

message 41: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "yeah you know i try to be funny"

to me thats better than being glum

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

ha so funny

message 43: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "ha so funny"

but isnt it true though? Plus jokes lighten my mood

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

yes it is true and jokes lighten my mood too

message 45: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Robin wrote: "yes it is true and jokes lighten my mood too"

ahhhhhh we have school tomorrow...why did my three day weekend go by SO fast!?

message 46: by K Roma (new)

K Roma (man-u4kb) my fave books:
1.vampire academy
2.the iron fey
3.morganville vampires
4.mortal instruments
5.the demon trappers

message 47: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments Lucky!! I only had a normal 2 day weekend! Our scool was open on vets day. None of the other schools outsde our county were!!

message 48: by Nandanie (new)

Nandanie (biblioholic369) Sarah wrote: "Lucky!! I only had a normal 2 day weekend! Our scool was open on vets day. None of the other schools outsde our county were!!"

seriously? I had Monday off because the teachers had something to do with voting, and we also had a three day weekend! Oh well, I was lucky to have finished Eragon 4, I cried at the ned, even though it was a happy ending!

message 49: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 3 comments I haven't read t yet, but I hope to soon! Let's hope that I stll remember who is who;)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Veeney369 wrote: "Robin wrote: "yes it is true and jokes lighten my mood too"

ahhhhhh we have school tomorrow...why did my three day weekend go by SO fast!?"

me too I hate that it went by so very fast

« previous 1