Good Books for Picky Teenagers! discussion

Books > Books to watch out for!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 346 (346 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

What books do have sex, fondling, or excessive swearing? Post them here so we don't read them! THX! :D

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Both of these have messing around:
Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms, #1) by Kristin Cashore
Wickflicker by Teric Darken
And I've heard stuff about the Gone series:
Gone (Gone, #1) by Michael Grant
And as for swearing:
I am Number Four (Lorien Legacies, #1) by Pittacus Lore
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

message 3: by Kimberleigh (last edited Nov 10, 2011 06:31PM) (new)

Kimberleigh | 4 comments Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Totally not recommended! Has the most swearing in a book I've like ever seen.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks soooo much Kimberely! :D

message 5: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Kimberly wrote: "Perfect Chemistry (Perfect Chemistry, #1) by Simone Elkeles Totally not recommended! Has the most swearing in a book I've like ever seen."

Not only that. All they wanted was one thing.

message 6: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I Am Number Four has swearing?

message 7: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone by Stephanie Kuehnert
Great book but the beginning... made me want to stop reading it.

message 8: by Adriana (new)

Adriana The Orchard by Jeffrey Stepakoff
I don't know why they had to add anything like that...

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I am number four had ALOT of swearing.

message 10: by James (new)

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 35 comments The Book Thief had ALOT of swearing too.

message 11: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2011 02:17PM) (new)

I know! It was HORRIBLE! i couldn't finish it! my mom was mad that it got voted best book for young adults. :)

message 12: by James (new)

James (theadventurousbookreader) | 35 comments I actually finished the book and I will not read that book for a very long time.

message 13: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I actually read whatever books but I do like to know what books have scenes that are inappropriate so I can avoid them.

I know The Book Thief is supposed to have a lot of swearing but I didn't really notice. I really liked it.

message 14: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Oh yeah..

Delirium (Delirium, #1) by Lauren Oliver has a moment...

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

ohhhhh. It sounded so good too. :( thx!

message 16: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I don't think it's nasty but hmm... has anyone ever read the book?
Oh, I think I'm thinking of
Divergent (Divergent, #1) by Veronica Roth
if anyone has read Delirium please let me know!
There may be hope for you Brenna! :D

message 17: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Oh yeah.
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold

message 18: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Brenna wrote: "ohhhhh. It sounded so good too. :( thx!"

there was a paragraph. I don't know how bad it was.

message 19: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I asked and it wasn't that bad according to a friend.

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

okay, thanks so much! i might just check it out! :)

message 21: by Carson (last edited Nov 23, 2011 11:19AM) (new)

Carson The Gone series has a lot of stuff. Cursing was pretty much the whole series. Sex was in the fourth book. Another one with a lot of cursing is the Knife of Never Letting Go. I couldn't finish it. Another terrible series would be the Luxe series. It was full with sexual material.

message 22: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilymorland) Don't read the Luxe Series - they are very sensual, have some sexual content and have no characters who are truly good/trying to be good.

message 23: by Carson (new)

Carson Yeah. I read the first two books and the only thing I liked was the dresses.

message 24: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilymorland) Cartle wrote: "Yeah. I read the first two books and the only thing I liked was the dresses."

Likewise. :P

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you guys so much! I read the first and second book of the Gone series but stopped after that because there was stuff i didn't agree with in there.

message 26: by Adriana (new)

Adriana That's too bad about the Gone series ):
The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway
Some cursing and it did talk about messing around but I don't think it was that bad.

message 27: by Carson (new)

Carson Ikr? I thought the setting and the theme was really cool. Then they started messing around and I was like what the heck? I think they should make it into a movie but take out all the crap. :)

message 28: by Adriana (new)

Adriana The Gone series?

message 29: by Carson (new)

Carson oh yeah. oopsie daisy :)

message 30: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Cartle wrote: "Ikr? I thought the setting and the theme was really cool. Then they started messing around and I was like what the heck? I think they should make it into a movie but take out all the crap. :)"

I doubt they will take anything because that's what sells.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

The Gone series was alright, I mean ther wasn't too much swearing, but then again the series is for mmature teenage readers. The stuff with Caine and Diane was bound to happen, and it was a plot twist...

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Yea, i completley agree. IIIIIII, Personaly, really like the Clique series! Its like, amazing

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

Drew wrote: "Yea, i completley agree. IIIIIII, Personaly, really like the Clique series! Its like, amazing"

Agree with me?

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

yea

message 35: by Carson (new)

Carson I agree too. I was fine with the cursing but Caine and Diane.... It was just not needed. It would be even better without it.

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Why are you putting all the bad books on here and talking about how bad they are?!?!?!?!??!? Then people who never new about all these bad books are going to see them and no about them. And then that makes you go looking for bad books, so you can have more on here!
Personally I think this is the worst thing you could do to not read bad books.

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Sharp North is another book to watch out for.

Sharp North by Patrick Cave

Swearing and other innapropriate language. But it was good.

message 38: by Adriana (new)

Adriana Before I Go to Sleep by S.J. Watson
Inappropriate swearing. Gave up on it too soon to see if there was anything else.

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 29, 2011 11:42AM) (new)

Queen Susan The Gentle wrote: "Why are you putting all the bad books on here and talking about how bad they are?!?!?!?!??!? Then people who never new about all these bad books are going to see them and no about them. And then th..."

It could work both ways. But I really don't think that someone who like to read 'bad' books is going to join a group titled Good Books for Picky Teenagers...
That, and I need to know what books I can or cannot read. This discussion is helping me alot!

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Blown Away by Patrick Cave

The sequel to Sharp North. Also listed as The Selected. It has inappropriate language and swearing, also with kissing and stuff. But, it was a really good book, think of a nazi themed survivors story with cloning and the hunger games.

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

Brenna wrote: "Queen Susan The Gentle wrote: "Why are you putting all the bad books on here and talking about how bad they are?!?!?!?!??!? Then people who never new about all these bad books are going to see them...

Well alright, just I never new about all these bad books before, and now I do. But I guess it helps you.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

me either. but if i pick them up on a whim and my mom finds out that there's *stuff* I'm in trouble... :)

message 43: by Adriana (new)

Adriana me either with my parents.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

Okay.thx!

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Q: is Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia okay to read? it looks so good!

message 46: by Adriana (new)

Adriana I want to read it too!

message 47: by Shannon (new)

Shannon The book "The other Boleyn girl" by a person (I forgot who they are) has A LOT of inappropriate stuff in it that I do not even want to mention!!!!

Don't read it!!!!

I wish that I had never read it!!!!

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

THank you soo much! I'll be sure to stay away from it! Stardust is pretty bad too!

message 49: by Shannon (new)

Shannon It was so....(I don't know how to describe it) that I couldn't bear to read more then about 20 pages!!!!!

message 50: by Carson (new)

Carson They made a movie out of The Other Boleyn Girl! I almost got it from the library because it was in the teen section. Guess I won't. :)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7