Love Inspired Historicals discussion

Any favorite military stories. I'm thinking of one for Dry Creek.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 2759 comments Mod
With our other thread on Military stories of men and women in our families, I thought I'd ask how many of you like novels with a military tie-in. Several of the LI authors are noted for their military stories (mostly in the LI and LIS lines). Do we have any LIH stories that take place in a war? I know Carla had her Revolutionary one and -- help me here -- I know we have more than that.

Oh, and I am debating about proposing one in Dry Creek (light military tie-in -- I'm thinking a bomb sniffing dog is brought to a young boy whose uncle or father was killed (don't have the details all worked out)). What do you think?

message 2: by Judy (last edited Nov 10, 2011 01:46PM) (new)

Judy Sometimes those types of books can be more tense. In Carla's book I had to go sneaking around in Germany and that was scary as I did not know the area :-) I really did enjoy it though!

Renee Ryan had Homecoming Hero I believe. It was a guy returning to the States and he was coming to see the sister of his friend who died during the war.

A dog sounds like a neat idea!

message 3: by JanetTronstad (new)

Judy -- I figure I can't go wrong with a dog and a lonely little boy.

message 4: by Judy (new)

Judy Nope, not at all. Dogs and kids....

My big kid just moved to Ketchum, Idaho with his coonhound we had since February. Never saw a happier dog than when Jake was around. When he would go back to the Grand Canyon, where he could not have Ellie, she would cry and mope.

Talk about devoted dogs! Wow!

message 5: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 518 comments Janet, I loved Renee Ryan's LIH stories set during WW II called Dangerous Allies and Courting the Enemy. They are great!
I like your idea for a tie-in.

Laura AKA Loves 2 Read Romance | 909 comments I love Military stories. No matter what line it is. I have read Carla's and Renee's Dangerous Allies and really enjoyed both. I got Courting the Enemy for my birthday but I haven't gotten to read it yet. I love the cover it reminds me of Casablanca!

message 7: by Melody (new)

Melody | 2493 comments I love any type of military tie in, no matter the time period! I love your idea, can't wait... ;)

message 8: by Lyn (new)

Lyn (lyncote) | 1644 comments Mod
I seem to have a lot of stories with Civil War veterans lately. But I also enjoy writing battle scenes--I mean that's high drama. I did several in my TX series.

BTW, it's 11-11-11 Today!

message 9: by Susan F (new)

Susan F | 147 comments I like military tie-in stories too. Any time period. What braver hero or heroine is there than a military member? :)

message 10: by JanetTronstad (new)

Amen, SF!