Creative Reviews discussion

Exciting News > Article at Huffington Post!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Buchholz | 5 comments Huffington Post is publishing an article about my book One Hundred and One Nights tomorrow, in honor of Veteran's Day! It's about the catharsis of writing that led to the publication of the novel after I witnessed the death of a 6 year-old Iraqi girl on my second day serving in Iraq.

Very excited to have the HuffPo pick it up!

Also, Goodreads is doing a give-away of One Hundred and One Nights at:

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

-Ben
http://not-quite-right.net

message 2: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Fontainne | 42 comments Congratulations!

message 3: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Buchholz | 5 comments Thanks Ashley!

message 4: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Hey Benjamin, that's great! We'll all take a look tomorrow!

Splitter

message 5: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Benjamin-
fabulous news! You must be over the moon. We are all very proud to know you. thank you for sharing this wonderful article.

message 6: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Cool! When you have the link, can you post it here please?
Thank you!
JAC

message 7: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Benjamin,
How completely exciting! That is so awesome!

message 8: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Buchholz | 5 comments Didn't run on Veteran's Day (which is okay because I would have felt exploitive to be engaged in PR on that day). Sounds like it is going to run during the week of the release, 1DEC or thereabouts.

message 9: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) Benjamin wrote: "Didn't run on Veteran's Day (which is okay because I would have felt exploitive to be engaged in PR on that day). Sounds like it is going to run during the week of the release, 1DEC or thereabouts."

Well do keep us updated and include a link!

message 10: by Benjamin (new)

Benjamin Buchholz | 5 comments Hey folks . . . after the two week delay, the article at HuffPo is now (finally!) live.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/benjami...

message 11: by C.S. Splitter (last edited Nov 30, 2011 01:54PM) (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Awesome Benjamin! I really loved the article and thank you for your service.

Splitter

message 12: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (Greeneyez2012) I second what Splitter said and congrats on FINALLY getting it out there!!!

message 13: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Okay, that was a FANTASTIC article, and much kudos to you for taking the plunge and moving to another country, esp such a different one! It's very hard work, but for your kids to have had that experience is such a valuable thing to have given them...
And, as Splitter says, thank you for your service...
(Which is not something we say in the UK, but I really think we ought to).
JAC

message 14: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 726 comments How does one get their book to be featured in an article in the Huffington Post? Is it possible or did you just happen to do it for Veteran's Day?

message 15: by Lisarenee (new)

Lisarenee | 10 comments Congratulations!