BookSpark discussion

The Night Circus
This topic is about The Night Circus
Read With Me! > Night Circus - BR Discussion

Comments Showing 1-43 of 43 (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Anagha Uppal | 511 comments Mod
Did you choose to read The Night Circus for the read? Good for you! Let's talk about it!

message 2: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments I started last night,, soooo cool *-*

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments As soon as I finish the book I am currently reading I plan on starting this one. I still have another book I need to read but I think I can handle trying to read them both.

message 4: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 178 comments Elisandra wrote: "I started last night,, soooo cool *-*"

are you writing your thoughts as your progess through the book? can't wait to read that!

message 5: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Cambria wrote: "Elisandra wrote: "I started last night,, soooo cool *-*"

are you writing your thoughts as your progess through the book? can't wait to read that!"

Yep,, LoL But I'm in the beginning so not much to say about it,, oh and I still have to finish In The Heart of The Sea for class,
But is very cool so far,, creepy and shadowy,,, I keep seeing images and movies in my head. This would make a great movie

message 6: by Anagha Uppal (new)

I think it has been optioned for a movie, Eli

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) I am excited to start!

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments Okay, I am going to start this today! A little nervous though because I just had a few people tell me it was terrible and really hard to get into.
I am hoping that isn't the case for me.

message 9: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Anagha wrote: "I think it has been optioned for a movie, Eli"

Yeyyyy,,, if it's done right it'll be a great movie,, well,, visually speaking anyway LoL

message 10: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Heidi wrote: "I am excited to start!"

It's tomorrow *-*

message 11: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Mlpmom wrote: "Okay, I am going to start this today! A little nervous though because I just had a few people tell me it was terrible and really hard to get into.
I am hoping that isn't the case for me."

I saw that too, but I don't know,, I have a feeling about this book. It calls to me,, it's freaky LoL

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments I started it and so far I am really liking it, granted I am only about 4% in , lol, but still, I like it.

message 13: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Mlpmom wrote: "I started it and so far I am really liking it, granted I am only about 4% in , lol, but still, I like it."

Celia is sooo cool, right?
Just don't let her near glasses and stuff LoL

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments I do like Celia!
It is a little hard to follow with all of the people and the changing names but it is really interesting!
I haven't had much time to read today but I am trying to get a little done tonight so I am not too far behind.
Has everyone started this already?

message 15: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Still have it on hold at the library and I'm number 8 on the waiting list...:(

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments It definitely isn't a book that you can read quickly. I think if you did you would miss too much and be completely lost.

I hope the library has it soon for you.

message 17: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Thanks Mlpmom I hope so too!!

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) I still haven't started...tonight to many things going on this week and I am trying to force myself to finish a NG title that I do not like :(
How are you guys doing w. the read?

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments I haven't read any of it today or yesterday really. I got caught up in another read.

I do like it but it is a little slow moving and like I mentioned, kind of hard with all the people and the time shifting from the late 1800's to the early 1900's.
Very detailed and descriptive though.

message 20: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Hi everyone,, sorry I was MIA today :(
Too much work :( couldn't breath at all.
about the book,, I'm downloading the audiobook (my eyes are the reason)and as soon as I get it all the files I'll started again.
It's a 13h read or so.
It's just like Mlpmom said, lots of details, but I don't feel like I want to scratch my eyes, so I can say that it's a good thing in this book.
5yo tend to dislike lost of details, but those are really well put and not overdone,, at least from my POV.

Nice to hear about you FAB people =D

XoXo

message 21: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Mlpmom wrote: "I do like Celia!
It is a little hard to follow with all of the people and the changing names but it is really interesting!
I haven't had much time to read today but I am trying to get a little done..."

I'm starting the Learning magic part yet, but I can say that will be lots of people with many different names LoL

This book makes me think of a movie, "THE PRESTIGE",, love this movie,, =D

message 22: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Heidi wrote: "I still haven't started...tonight to many things going on this week and I am trying to force myself to finish a NG title that I do not like :(
How are you guys doing w. the read?"

Sorry to know about that,,
I'm actually listening to a book that make me want to scratch my ears out LoL
The girl in one part literally says that she is jealous of the wind that brush the guys hair and the ground he walks,, I mean,, come onnnnn,, are you kidding me?
I'm read the other 2 of the series so now is a honor thing but it's hard, really hard for me to go on.
If the book doesn't end well I don't know if I'll read the next

message 23: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Ooh I loved the Prestige!
And that does sound awful. Kinds reminds me of Bella :P

message 24: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Anagha wrote: "Ooh I loved the Prestige!
And that does sound awful. Kinds reminds me of Bella :P"

I love the magic and mystery of this movie *-*

About the book, IKR? But at least Bella didn't say it out loud (LoL,, little joke here) I mean,, come onnn,, where is your pride, self respect and stuff???

PS.: I'm talking about the Fallen series BTW LoL I'm reading Passion,,

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) Elisandra wrote: "Anagha wrote: "Ooh I loved the Prestige!

About the book, IKR? But at least Bella didn't say..."

Ok girls I am so not reading this tonight as planned. So excited going to start .masquerade instead. I still have a few pgs left in the OTHER book first almost done. Blog stuff is getting installed tonight launch tomorrow!!!!

message 26: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Elisandra wrote: "Anagha wrote: "Ooh I loved the Prestige!

About the book, IKR? But at least Bella didn't say..."

Oh really? I heard this was a great book. I haven't read it yet so thanks for the warning!

message 27: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Heidi wrote: "Elisandra wrote: "Anagha wrote: "Ooh I loved the Prestige!

About the book, IKR? But at leas..."

Good reading Heidi ,, can't wait to start it myself =D

message 29: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Anagha wrote: "Elisandra wrote: "Anagha wrote: "Ooh I loved the Prestige!

About the book, IKR? But at leas..."

I love the idea of this book, I fated love and all,, really romantic, but is not very well executed.
Once I've said that reading this series is like running in the soft sand on the beach,,, you see the beautiful sea ahead and you can almost feel the cool water on your dry skin, but everything is in slow motion and you have to power trough most of the way to get to the good part in the end and is just not satisfying.
I've read the 1º cose of the cover, mostly, ad I was one of the people who translated to portuguese, the second too and I have to say, the second is better then the first, but still slow, now I'm reading the 3º and there are just things that I can't accept. Ok,, they are fated to be together and all, but this author, I don't know,, is like dragging the matter to the grave. My level of fated love has reached it limits and in some point you do need a reason to love someone besides just fate,, i hope I'm mistaken and this story has a great ending,, crossing my fingers

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments Heidi wrote: "http://rainydayramblings.typepad.com/ Blog is up!!"
Yay! I am your first follower!!!

It looks fabulous! :)

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) Mlpmom wrote: "Heidi wrote: "http://rainydayramblings.typepad.com/ Blog is up!!"

It looks fabulous! :)"

stupid google friends it never works right. did you see your button?

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) Heidi wrote: "Mlpmom wrote: "Heidi wrote: "http://rainydayramblings.typepad.com/ Blog is up!!"

It looks fabulous! :)"
stupid google friends it never works right. did you see you..."

oh and did you get masquerade?

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 191 comments I did! I added yours to mine as well. It looks great one there. ;)

I did get Masquerade! I am so excited to read it. I thought about maybe starting it even though I already started this one. :P

message 34: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments I haven't got Mascared yet :(

message 35: by Anagha Uppal (new)

Yeah GFC was Being stupid for me too

And yes, I did get Masquerade! Very excited!

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) Anagha wrote: "Yeah GFC was Being stupid for me too

And yes, I did get Masquerade! Very excited!"

Well tried to debug GFC it is improved but it is just a glitchy gadget. Thanks for the follow.

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) Elisandra wrote: "I haven't got Mascared yet :("
Cambria was resending it did you get it?

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) Mlpmom wrote: "I did! I added yours to mine as well. It looks great one there. ;)

I did get Masquerade! I am so excited to read it. I thought about maybe starting it even though I already started this one. :P"

I saw my button on your blog! Thank you!

message 39: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments THE BOOK IT'S HERE!!!!!!!

Happy dance time =D

description

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) yeah glad you got it. Head over to my blog and read my post ;)

message 41: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments Oh Heidiiiiiii

My eyes are full of tears,,,your post is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful ,,,
You are in the corner too *-*

Heidi (heidirainydayramblings) Elisandra wrote: "Oh Heidiiiiiii

My eyes are full of tears,,,your post is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo beautiful ,,,
You are in the corner too *-*"

I meant it! You have been my best reading buddy!

message 43: by Cereja (new) - added it

Cereja Cult (lokigirl) | 199 comments I know you do Heidi, and this is the best part, that's why I get tears on my eyes when I read your post.
You don't lie and don't kiss nobody's ass LoL
So if you say, I believe it =D