Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Archived Threads > Immortals

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Nov 10, 2011 09:19AM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4746 comments Mod
Anyone going to see this? I'm excited. I love the historical warrior movies, especially mixed with fantasy. Also, not too many movies have dealt with the Titans. I might try to go tomorrow, since I'm off (Thank God!).

message 2: by Alice (new)

Alice | 297 comments Yeah, I'm pretty stoked about Immortals. The director is the same guy who did The Fall, which was amazing and one of my all time favorite films.

message 3: by The Pirate Ghost, Long John Silvers Wanna-be (new)

The Pirate Ghost (Formerly known as the Curmudgeon) (pirateghost) | 5327 comments Mod
With my budget and kids, I'm waiting for the DvD but... I REALLY want to go see it.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I hardly ever go to the movies now. I will for this one and Breaking Dawn.

colleen the convivial curmudgeon (blackrose13) I dunno. I think I'll wait to hear what people say about it - it looks all style and no substance to me.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I'll post my thoughts after I see it.

message 7: by Eileen (new)

Eileen I just watched the movie clip and it looks good to me. I don't go to the movies much but this is the kind of movie you'd want to see on the big screen.

I'm going to see Breaking Dawn at midnight next week. It's become a tradition since Twilight came out. I was the only mom at the time that would stay up that late for the midnight showing and drive the teenage girls to the show. All I can say is the other mom's missed out, I had a great time with the 10 girls I took.

message 8: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Eileen, I bet Twilight movies are a lot of fun during a midnight show. I can't hang now. I get up at five for work, so I get very sleepy by 9:30 or 10pm.

message 9: by Janey (new)

Janey | 158 comments I'm looking forward to seeing the movie but I'll be waiting to rent it as I don't go to the cinema very often.

message 10: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (last edited Nov 14, 2011 09:50AM) (new)

I saw Immortals on Saturday. I would give it a 3.5 star rating out of 5.0

My thoughts (no spoilers)

*It was mainly a visually-stunning movie rather than a coherent plot. I think there were a few holes there that struck me the more I thought about it.
*It's very, very violent. Mostly splashing blood.
*Good special effects/art direction
*I don't think it follows Greek legends/myths that closely.
*If you want to see cute, buff guys half-naked, and beautiful women, then you'll enjoy it.
*Mickey Rourke's character was truly repulsive, or vile, as my mom says.

I think that you will be fine catching it on DVD.

message 11: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Thanks, for the review. I'll wait for the DVD to come out and save myself some money.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

No problem, Eileen. I didn't feel cheated, but I think I would have been okay catching it on DVD.

message 13: by Eileen (new)

Eileen Did you see the movie in 3D?

message 14: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Ugh! That would be nauseating. Thankfully no! All that blood flying. Yuck. Actually 3-D/IMAX doesn't agree with my inner ear condition. I get really sick to my stomach.

message 15: by Eileen (new)

Eileen 3D movies are way over done these days and having flying blood come at me...no thanks!

message 16: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

Yeah, it does seem like so many movies coming out lately. I think it's overrated.

message 17: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

I do have to add that the action sequences were good.

message 18: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 234 comments Thanks for that, Danielle. My wife and I were trying to decided whether or not we would go see it. I think we'll wait for the DVD.

Splitter

message 19: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new)

No worries, CS.