Lush Library discussion

The Gogglebox > What's your favourite U.S. shows?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
I am wondering what U.S. series you like?

I did watch quite a few U.S. shows but I've given up on some and am glad to see Grey's anatomy is returning to form and The Big Bang Theory is still as good as ever (although the Penny Leonard thing is a bit irritating). Fringe was my favourite last season anyone watch it?

message 2: by Morv (new)

Morv | 24 comments I rarely watch TV now. I used to watch House, but then they got rid of his original team and it just didn't feel the same. I also watch Criminal Minds, which is the only show that I tend to watch consistently.

Sam (VanillaFountain) | 577 comments Mod
The Vampire Diaries, Fringe, Secret Circle, Haven, A town called Eureka,Walking Dead, Supernatural. Can you tell I love Sci-Fi? lol I also like modern family, the middle and raising hope. I don't think I watch any UK tv at all except Dr Who...

message 4: by Jo (new)

Jo | 592 comments Mod
I love the Big Bang Theory - Sheldon is the best thing in it by a mile. I don't think I watch any other US shows now they've stopped continuously repeating Friends on E4

message 5: by Alexis (new)

Alexis (dragonflymoon) I love House, I also watched OTH, ohand I loved ER in the days of Doctor Ross.

message 6: by Kirsty (new)

Kirsty (kirkel) | 1160 comments Mod
I watched the end of Fringe last night and I feel slightly bereft. It's a shame that it had to end but I am glad that they tied it all up. I think that it's downfall was that it became so complex and increasingly difficult for newcomers to just tune in to (or if you miss a few episodes then you miss parts of the puzzle). J. J. Abrams has a new series starting soon so I'll give it a try.

The Big Bang theory has become increasingly popular since it has so many reruns. The start of the new series had a few episodes where they really made Sheldon's egocentric quirks quite nasty. Did anyone else feel that way? It seems to have picked up though and I'm enjoying the relationships. Amy is such a weirdo - can't believe it's Blossom (mind you I only really watched it to lust after her brother Joey;)

Grey's Anatomy is still keeping me tuned. Richard and Adele's relationship is particularly well done - tasteful and very sympathetic.

Anyone watch New Girl? It's so quirky and like watching friends but much quirkier and every so often it has a scene that it so daft and tightly written that it really does impress.