The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

David Copperfield
This topic is about David Copperfield
Rory Book Discussions > David Copperfield by Charles Dickens

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dini, the master of meaning (new)

Dini | 691 comments Mod
I totally forgot about this, sorry! >.< The November book is Charles Dickens' David Copperfield, please discuss here.

Nikoline (annenikoline) So what do you believe Charles Dickens wanted to tell with this novel?

message 3: by Sam (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sam (buchflimmern) Ah, here it is! I noted this down in my calender, but forgot to record in which group it was going to take place. So when I couldn't find the discussion anywhere, I thought it had been a mistake on my side. But I started reading anyway. David Copperfield is such a lovely novel, I never would have imagined it to be so great (I am in the middle of chapter 36)!
The characters are amiable, and the descriptions make everything come to life even though the story is 150 years old! This is my first Dickens, and I have fallen in love with his work on the spot. I will definitely read more of his books, especially considering his 200th birthday next year!

Maggi | 4 comments I am just starting chapter two, since I only joined a few days ago!
Looking forward to some nice discussion.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm not reading it, and I never have, but I'd love to know what you all think about it and how much you enjoy reading the novel. I'm quite busy reading other stuff atm, but I'm much interested in Dickens. So go ahead, people, heat up the Copperfield discussion! x

Maggi | 4 comments Well, I would love to comment later,after finishing it, but I am afraid I could not finish it within a month. It is a bit much even for me ;-)

message 7: by Maggi (last edited Aug 01, 2012 11:38AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Maggi | 4 comments Well, finally I finished! Actually I had bought the book as a audio book, in which I very much enjoyed the reader. He brought the characters to life, especially the one villain, who made me angry even thinking about his name.
In short, what I like about Dickens is his ability to make the reader connect to the characters, good and bad.
What do you guys think?

Lindsey Stefan | 5 comments Ok, I finally finished it! I agree with you, Maggi, the characters in this novel were wonderful!

Bear Allen (bearallen) | 2 comments I loved this book! I read this a few months back, so here is the link to my review:

http://blackwhitereadbookchallenge.bl...

Happy Reading!
~Elizabeth

Shriya (gautamshriya) | 12 comments This book haunts me. It was the first classic I ever read. Here's my review:

http://tometravelling.blogspot.in/201...