Confessions of a Y.A. Book Lover discussion

Fun Stuff > Book2Movie Challenge 2012

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tina ♥ Bookaholic (last edited Nov 10, 2011 12:51AM) (new)

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic)

‚Book2Movie’ Challenge 2012

I’ve already often thought about it to read also older books, which were already made into movies and then to write a review about the book, and also about the movie with a little comparision between the book and the movie. But till now I haven’t got the time or the will to do so and therefore I’ve thought this would be a great idea for a challenge!

The goal for this challenge is to read a book/ watch a movie in each of the 12 categories, which are further down, during the year of 2012 (01.01.2012 – 31.12.2012) + 1 bonus category, if someone can’t find a book in on of the 12 categories.

Which means: 12 books + movie in 12 months, therefore 1 book/ 1 movie per month.
(Book can be read/ movie can already been watched – but just one of each)

I think this isn’t too hard and we’ll be able to accomplish this challenge, even though we have to write 2 reviews a month (one for the book and one for the movie). I really hope that I’ll make it and that many many other book/move lovers will join me in this challenge. :)

Blog Bonus:
For all bloggers who wants to join, read this info: On the 25th of december I’ll post, before the challenge will begin, the MAIN POST in which everything will be decripte again with all categories and infos and there I’ll also be a list of everyone who is participating and I’ll also write the books which each of them will read in which categorie + the link to their blog (later it will link directly to the review)
Furthermore every participator has to post, on every review which is made for this challenge or on the sidebar of the blog, the ‘Book 2 Movie’ Button which should be linked back to the MAIN POST on my blog (which I mentioned will be posted on 25th of december). So everyone link to me and then everyone can go from there to all the reviews of all participators.
Therefore it is very important that every one of you who wants to join, write an e-mail to me in which you will tell me which book you want to read in which category and also you blog adress to: martina.bookaholic@gmx.net

Here are the categories for the challenge:

Read a book/ watch the movie …
1. … where the movie is more famous than the book

2. … to a TV- Series

3. … which is based on a cartoon/ fairy tale or where the main characters are animals

4. … in which you favorit actor/ actress is playing in the movie.

5. … to a book classic which was made into a movie after 1990

6. … where the book was written for the movie

7. … from an autor which is coming from you home country (for english speaking joiners: read a book from an autho who is not coming from an english speaking country)

8. … where the story is about love and where you’ll probably cry OR where the story is about blood, murder and horrific killers.

9. … which is focused on a social critic topic (misogyny, rassismn, abortion, abuse, cruelty,…)

10. … where the story is playing at least 100 years ago.

11. … where the story is playing in the futur OR where the story is playing in Asia or Africa

12. … where the movie to the book is coming to the cinemas 2012

(+ 13 bonus category: … where you’ve already watched the movie, but never read the book) – for all who have a problem to find a book/movie in one of this categories.

Enjoy yourself while choosing your books and then please write me an e-mail with the category nummer and your book. Also for those who have not a Blog. (For all who have a blog, please also tell me your blog adresse and how you liked to be called in the list.) Thanks

I’m happy and I’m really looking forward to this challenge and I’m also excitid and soo curious which books will be read in which category and how many of you will join the challenge and if we are able to make a little ‘over the globe’ challenge out of it! So please, join and send me your details and tell all of your friends. That would be fabolous!! Thanks
Greetings, Tina

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) So, I've already made a first list of books I'm thinking about reading. But it's just a draft and not fix yet. Maybe everyone can made a little list here to inspire also the other fellowers :)

1. ... - 'Lord of the rings#1' oder 'Harry Potter 1' or 'The Chronicles of Narnia' or 'the silence of the lambs'

2. … - 'Carries Life-Sex in the City' or 'Vampire Diaries' or 'Gossip Girl' or 'Pretty Little Liars' or 'Lipstick Jungle'

3. … - 'Peter Pan' or 'Notre Dame' or 'Animal Farm' or 'the neverending story'

4. … - 'Shutter Island'(Leo DiC.) or 'Inkheart' (Brandon Fraser) or 'Stardust'

5. … - 'Pride and Prejudice' or 'The picture of Dorian Gray'

6. … - 'Red Riding Hood', 'Shutter Island' or'I'm number four'

7. … - 'Der Knochenmann'(The bone man')

8. … - 'PS: I love you' oder 'Time Traveler's Wife' oder 'The silence of the lambs'

9. … - 'The wave' oder 'Desert Flower' 'The Pianist'

10. … - 'The scarlett red letter' oder 'Pride and Prejudice'

11. … - 'Blindness'(future) or 'The White Massai'

12. … - I really hope for 'Hunger Games' or 'The Hobbit'

message 3: by Subz221, Back Away From My Book Boyfriends (new)

Subz221 | 1066 comments Mod
this looks so cool, martina! here are my possible choices (i'm still thinking about some of them):

1- Chronicles of Narnia
2- Vampire Diaries or Pretty Little Liars
3- ...
4- The Princess Diaries (Anne Hathaway)
5- Jane Eyre
6- The Lovely Bones
7- ...
8- A Walk to Remember
9- To Kill a Mockingbird
10- ...
11- ...
12- Hunger Games or Mortal Instruments

Sara (♥ hearts Alec Lightwood♥) | 69 comments 1- Lord of the Rings
2- Vampire Diaries
3- Saving Shiloh (??)
4- I Am Number Four(Alex Pettyfer) & The Three Musketeers (Logan Lerman)
5- ...
6- ...
7- ...
8- Dear John
9- To Kill a Mockingbird
10- ...
11- Clockwork Angel
12- Mortal Instruments or Hunger Games or Breaking Dawn

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) Thanks. :)
thats great? so do you want to join?
thanks for the inspirations :)

Tina ♥ Bookaholic (martinabookaholic) hey guys,

whats up? Have you already decide if you want to join and if yes, have you already made a list of the books you want to read??
please send me your list to:

martina.bookaholic@gmx.net

thanks