Indian Literature and the Arts discussion

Added a novel

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meera (new)

Meera Srikant (meerasri) | 22 comments Dear friends
Have added a book of mine - Written in the Stars: Romance - recently released in India. Would love your comments and feedback.

message 2: by Ram (new)

Ram | 145 comments Mod
congratulations Meera!

message 3: by Eleni (new)

Eleni | 4 comments I still love A Passage to India by E.M. Forster but will read almost anything set in India. For a fun escape, I like Barbara Cleverly's Joseph Sandilands mysteries, especially the first one, The Last Kashmiri Rose.

Meera, Congratulations! I also have a book set in India (and in New York and in between) coming out in February called OTHER WATERS. It will be published in the US by St Martin's Press in February 2012, and in India by Supernova (but it's available for pre-order now on Amazon etc). It's about an Indian American psychiatric resident who thinks that her family has been cursed. I too would love any feedback if anyone has a chance to read it when it comes out.

Thanks,
Eleni

message 4: by Louise (new)

Louise | 22 comments I really want to read your new books but I need the author names along with the title. Thanks, I'm looking forward to reading them all.

message 5: by Meera (new)

Meera Srikant (meerasri) | 22 comments Ram wrote: "congratulations Meera!"

Thanks Ram...

message 6: by Meera (new)

Meera Srikant (meerasri) | 22 comments Eleni wrote: "I still love A Passage to India by E.M. Forster but will read almost anything set in India. For a fun escape, I like Barbara Cleverly's Joseph Sandilands mysteries, especially the first one, The La..."

Congrats Eleni, and definitely will remember to pick it up.

Have you read Far Pavilions? Another wonderful book.

message 7: by Meera (new)

Meera Srikant (meerasri) | 22 comments Louise wrote: "I really want to read your new books but I need the author names along with the title. Thanks, I'm looking forward to reading them all."

Thanks Louise... Written in the Stars by Meera Srikant (this is what you meant?)

message 8: by Eleni (new)

Eleni | 4 comments I have not read Far Pavilions! WIll definitely check it out. Also, Louise, thanks for your interest. Mine is Other Waters by Eleni N. Gage.

message 9: by Louise (new)

Louise | 22 comments Eleni, I just pre-ordered your book from Barnes and Noble and am looking forward to reading it when it comes out in February.

Meera, where can I get a copy of Written in the Stars?

I will also add The Riot and the Great Indian Novel to my reading list. Thanks for the suggestions.

message 10: by Meera (new)

Meera Srikant (meerasri) | 22 comments Louise, as of now it can be ordered in India, and Flipkart.com is one of the portals where you can order the book. I am also hoping for an online version soon and shall keep you all posted.

It is a romance, by the way.

message 11: by Eleni (new)

Eleni | 4 comments Louise, thanks for the support! I hope you enjoy the novel! And thanks to everyone else for the recommendations. I will definitely check out some of these. Happy Reading, Everyone!