Literary Fiction by People of Color discussion

Half Blood Blues
This topic is about Half Blood Blues
Esi Edugyan Wins Canada's Giller Prize.

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments Esi Edugyan is the winner of the the Giller Prize, one of Canada's most prestigious literary awards, for her book, Half-Blood Blues. Accepting the $50,000 prize, Edugyan paid tribute to her father - a Ghanaian immigrant who moved his family to Canada in the 1970s.

More here:

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2011/11/...

Nina Chachu | 13 comments A pity it is still not available in the US, but I suppose orders could be done through Canadian or UK bookstores. Definitely on my TBR shelves

message 3: by Dree (new) - added it

Dree | 32 comments I am sure it will be available in the US asap, now! I really want to read it, based on someone's rec (a Canadian someone).

Beverly | 2880 comments Mod
This book will be available in the US on 2/28/2012 with a new cover for the US publication.

I happen to like the UK cover better.

I too am looking forward to reading this book.

Doret | 15 comments Congratuations to Edugyan. What's with the delay on the American release?

Beverly | 2880 comments Mod
Doret wrote: "Congratuations to Edugyan. What's with the delay on the American release?"

The book needed to get a US publisher.
Esi had originally presented the book to US publishers and was rejected. Got a UK publisher and once the book was long listed/short listed for a number of literary rewards then US publisher became interested.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Wilhelmina wrote: "Esi Edugyan is the winner of the the Giller Prize, one of Canada's most prestigious literary awards, for her book, Half-Blood Blues. Accepting the $50,000 prize, Edu..."

Thanx for sharing, Mina.

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

Mina, I couldn't resist. I preordered Esi Edugyan, Half-Blood Blues the moment you mentioned it. I really liked the synopsis.

message 9: by Wilhelmina (new)

Wilhelmina Jenkins | 2049 comments Hattie wrote: "Mina, I couldn't resist. I preordered Esi Edugyan, Half-Blood Blues the moment you mentioned it. I really liked the synopsis."

Great! I am eager to read it also.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

I always follow you.:)

Literary Fiction by People of Color

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Half Blood Blues (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Esi Edugyan (other topics)