Urban Fantasy discussion

UF BOOK CHAT > Fever Series (Possible Series Spoilers!)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I have about 100 pages left! I've had my nose in the book all day. I'm wishing Barrons would let us in on a few of his secrets already! It's driving me crazy! I'm liking this book more than the first. It's better when you don't have to "get to know" everyone. I'll post again when I'm done. Are you rereading it now?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I just finished!!! The third book is checked out at my library but due back by Monday and I'm next to get it.

I have to admit that I figured out that she would have to be "tainted" in order to actually find the book when Barrons kind of thought the idea out loud towards the beginning of the book. That was the only thing I predicted though. It was a great plot and opened up so much more. I liked her chess board analogy. I usually can't stand when authors give you a sum up of who and what, but Mac thinking of all the key players like chess pieces was a good idea. I'm glad Mac didn't blindly go along with Rowena. I would have been mad if she had. I really can't wait to see what happens next with Barrons. There has to be something there between them that only he and maybe a few older fae know. It seems like a "destiny" thing that makes her keep trusting him more than any other and for him to want to keep her alive. The whole scene towards the end between her and Barrons totally reminded me of Buffy and Spike going at it in the abandoned house and nearly knocking the house down around them. That was great! It is a good thing I won't have to wait too long for book three. What about after that though? Does that end the series or will there be more?

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Ok - So I just went to KMM's website and there are two more titles in the Fever series. No idea when they will be released. This only means that I will have to savor book three instead of reading it in one day like I did book two!

message 4: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Her website just listed Dreamfever and Shadowfever as the next two books to be published. It didn't really give more than that. The website wasn't loading right for me so I didn't spend time exploring it beyond that.

Have you read her Highlander series? I have the first one of those sitting here from the library. I'm looking forward to it now that I know I like her writing.

message 5: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Ok - How much do you hate Rowena? She really pissed me off! She's all "everything is black or white" and follow me and I'll tell you what you want to know. How come nobody wants to clue Mac in? She seems to be something special and yet nobody wants to help her realize it. Even Barrons to some extent. Clearly Barrons has some sadness in his past and he's trying to keep his emotional distance from Mac. My theory about him by the end of the second book was that he is an actual vampire. He seemed offended by Malluce acting like one and he's never around during the day so my mind kind of went there. I'm freaking out that the person who has Faefever checked out from my library won't return it by it's Monday due date and I'll have to wait even longer! Although, right now I'm reading Wraith by Phaedra Weldon and it's a fantastic book so far so it's keeping me patient for Faefever.