Barnes & Noble Nook discussion

Hmmm... does this explain the losing place problem?

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
Earlier I had my Nook Touch plugged in, and once again, it lost my place.

Anyway, I finished that book and started another, but then went back into it to look for quotes for my review. And I got a message I'd never seen before (Part of the new update? I installed it yesterday) which told me I was at page 1 on this device and at page 241 (the end) on another device, and did I want to synch to page 241? (I do in fact own another Nook, but I'm pretty sure I haven't even put this book on it. It's a library book.)

So anyway, it looks like the synching is what's causing that problem. Not sure what I can do with this insight. :-\ Except perhaps if it happens again, going out of the book and going back in would bring up the message again and allow me to synch to my last read place.

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Gilmore Hmmmm..... I got a similar message after I accessed a recipe at the end of one book in the grocery store. When I got home, I tried to get back to the recipe's directions, and that's when I got the message. I'm not sure, but I'd be interested in knowing how it works out.

message 3: by willaful, dedicated nookworm (new)

willaful | 414 comments Mod
✿Michelle✿ wrote: "Hmmmm..... I got a similar message after I accessed a recipe at the end of one book in the grocery store. When I got home, I tried to get back to the recipe's directions, and that's when I got th..."

Do you have the update?

To make the whole thing even odder -- I didn't have wifi on. It couldn't possibly know where I was in another device even if I were using one.

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Moorhead | 1 comments This happens to me too. Now I write a small note with my page number (stupid, I know). I haven't figured it out as yet. I'm going to follow this discussion.

Thanks, Karen