Knights of Draconic: A Fantasy Book Club discussion

36 views
Book of the Month > Nomination for December book read

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mach, The Coramoor (last edited Nov 09, 2011 04:09PM) (new)

Mach | 20 comments Mod
Everyone gets to nominate one book, then in a couple of days i will set up a poll to decide which book we should read.

I will start by nominating The Eye of the World.


message 2: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillep) Does it have to be a fantasy book or can I nominate a book with a different genre?


message 3: by Lucille (last edited Nov 09, 2011 04:28PM) (new)

Lucille (lucillep) Okay. :)

I nominate I, Coriander.

Edit #1: I nominate The Maze Runner


message 4: by Lucille (last edited Nov 10, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Lucille (lucillep) I also nominate Finnikin of the Rock.

(I'm not sure if it's a fantasy book though.)


message 5: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillep) Awww, I wanna nominate so many books!


message 6: by Lucille (new)

Lucille (lucillep) Okay! :)

So, umm, when do we decide which book to read?


message 7: by Rikki (last edited Nov 11, 2011 02:45PM) (new)

Rikki | 21 comments The Squire's Tale! by Gerald Morris


message 8: by Mach, The Coramoor (last edited Nov 11, 2011 12:42PM) (new)

Mach | 20 comments Mod
Lucille wrote: "Okay! :)

So, umm, when do we decide which book to read?"


When we have a couple of more choices.
The discussion will start the 1 december since this month is almost over.

Rikki wrote: "The Squire's Tale!"

By who? there are to different books by that name. Please use the add book/author link.


message 9: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (sillybambii) | 8 comments Hi everyone,

This is my first post, I haven't caught up on all the topics yet and I'm not sure if anything by Ursula K. Le Guin has been in a discussion before?

If not I wish to nominate "A Wizard of Earthsea"
I've been wanting to pick it up and this my be the best excuse to!

Thank you


message 10: by Kevin (last edited Nov 11, 2011 10:59AM) (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 6 comments December is misspelled.


message 11: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) Oooh, I second Wizard of Earthsea. LeGuin is a favorite of mine.


message 12: by seak (new)

seak | 2 comments Blackdog by KV johanson


Mike (the Paladin) (thepaladin) I'll nominate Nine Princes in Amber. I'll bet it's one of my favorites that a lot here haven't read.


message 14: by seak (new)

seak | 2 comments Good choice Mike, I love that book and it's only about 100 pages long. :)

Also support Theft of Swords mentioned above.


message 15: by Zakari (new)

Zakari | 103 comments Lucille wrote: "Okay. :)

I nominate I, Coriander.

Edit #1: I nominate The Maze Runner"


I've read that book. It's freaking amazing.

I nominate The Alchemyst


message 16: by Mark (new)

Mark Lawrence (marklawrence) | 1 comments heh - I didn't see a 'don't nominate your own book' rule ... so I nominate Prince of Thorns :)


message 17: by Michael (new)

Michael (michaeljsullivan) | 15 comments Thanks for nominating my book....I'll nominate Shadow's Son


message 18: by Zakari (new)

Zakari | 103 comments Sounds interesting. =)


message 19: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 6 comments Mach wrote: "Everyone gets to nominate one book, then in a couple of days i will set up a poll to decide which book we should read.

I will start by nominating The Eye of the World."


You being trying to get a group to read this for a while now.


message 20: by Kevin (new)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 6 comments Mike (the Paladin) wrote: "I'll nominate Nine Princes in Amber. I'll bet it's one of my favorites that a lot here haven't read."

I second this, always good to have a backup if it does not win in the other group, which I don't think it might win.


message 21: by Jason (new)

Jason (darkfiction) Michael wrote: "Thanks for nominating my book....I'll nominate Shadow's Son"

This is a good one, too!


message 22: by Ji Mei (new)

Ji Mei  (jimei) I nominate Skulduggery Pleasant.


message 23: by Isabella , Queen of the Water Nymphs (new)

Isabella  | 20 comments Mod
I nominate The Alchemyst: the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/97...

I've read all the books, but it is a brilliant read. Incorporating both real and not real characters of history for ex:

Joan of Arc and Saint Germain, Nicholas and Perenelle Flamel, Machiavelli and Dr John Dee (Elizabeth 1 right hand man, court magician/alchemyst and organized her coronation)

Fiction:

Mars, Hecate, Yggsdrail, Nidhogg (believe me that part was cool), were-people, etc etc


--

I love taht series, the last book comes out next year with the first movie - my favourite character is Scathach the Shadowy


message 24: by Mach, The Coramoor (new)

Mach | 20 comments Mod
Kevin wrote: "You being trying to get a group to read this for a while now. ...."

Yes i have because i have been on GR a while now and still have not seen one group read it.


message 25: by Mach, The Coramoor (new)

Mach | 20 comments Mod
The poll is now up, go to this link to vote.
http://www.goodreads.com/poll/list/55...


message 26: by Zakari (new)

Zakari | 103 comments Isairon wrote: "I nominate The Alchemyst: the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/97...

I've read all the books, but it is a brilliant read. Incorporatin..."


I already recommended it.


message 27: by Zakari (new)

Zakari | 103 comments Ji Mei ^_^ wrote: "I nominate Skulduggery Pleasant."


LOOOVE that book! =D


message 28: by Mansi (new)

Mansi (DevilRebel62) Lucille wrote: "Okay. :)

I nominate I, Coriander.

Edit #1: I nominate The Maze Runner"


I agree!


message 29: by MarieAnge (new)

MarieAnge (marieangebouchard) Wow.. I haven't read a single one of these :P Think I voted for The Alchemist.. don't even remember haha.. it was a few days ago *bangs head into wall for being a moron*

When does the book get picked?!


message 30: by Isabella , Queen of the Water Nymphs (new)

Isabella  | 20 comments Mod
Zakari wrote: "Isairon wrote: "I nominate The Alchemyst: the secrets of the immortal Nicholas Flamel

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/97...

I've read all the books, but it is a brilliant read. ..."


Thankyouthankyouthankyou


message 31: by Isabella , Queen of the Water Nymphs (new)

Isabella  | 20 comments Mod
Johanna wrote: "Wow.. I haven't read a single one of these :P Think I voted for The Alchemist.. don't even remember haha.. it was a few days ago *bangs head into wall for being a moron*

When does the book get pic..."


YAY


back to top