Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Chat Room > Amazon's Best Books of 2011

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments Amazon posted their Best Books of 2011 winners recently. Plenty of categories to choose from. I haven't had a ton of time to look through yet, but I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on some of the winners.

Winners List

message 2: by Jex (new)

Jex (jexball) | 2227 comments I looked through a bit more, and first off, how does Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson fit into the top 20 best covers/jackets? I mean yay Steve Jobs and all, but it's not like the cover is really artistic or anything. Although I didn't really like any of the cover choices they made.

As for other categories, I just went through a few of my fav categories and ended up adding a ton of books to my TBR. There were quite a few books that I've heard of, and still quite a few that I hadn't. Of course I've read barely any of them.

message 3: by Sashana (last edited Nov 09, 2011 06:05PM) (new)

Sashana I requested The Running Dream, Exposed, and Michael Vey: The Prisoner of Cell 25 from my library. They were all in the best teen category, if I like them then I'll consider reading more from other categories. I'm really surprised because I've never seen or heard about any of these books, which is quite surprising because I follow quite a few YA blogs. They must have gotten lost in all the hype.
The Running Dream by Wendelin Van Draanen Exposed by Kimberly Marcus Michael Vey The Prisoner of Cell 25 by Richard Paul Evans