History is Not Boring discussion

Elizabeth the Queen / advance copies for the first 25 people

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony, Trivial Pursuit Master (new)

Anthony (bluekabuki) | 43 comments Mod
Erika Greber from Random House is offering 25 copies of the new book Elizabeth the Queen to our group. Please email her at egreber@randomhouse.com

http://www.randomhouse.com/book/16950...

From the moment of her ascension to the throne in 1952 at the age of twenty-five, Queen Elizabeth II has been the object of unparalleled scrutiny. But through the fog of glamour and gossip, how well do we really know the world’s most famous monarch? Drawing on numerous interviews and never-before-revealed documents, acclaimed biographer Sally Bedell Smith pulls back the curtain to show in intimate detail the public and private lives of Queen Elizabeth II, who has led her country and Commonwealth through the wars and upheavals of the last sixty years with unparalleled composure, intelligence, and grace.

message 2: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 1 comments Just requested mine, thanks!

message 3: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Hartman (goodreadscomruth_berge) | 1 comments It's a slow read for me because of all the detail, but I'm definitely loving it. I read this author's "Nicholas and Alexandra" when I was a teenager and have re-read it several times over the years. Fascinating.

message 4: by Jody (new)

Jody (jodelld) | 5 comments Received my advance copy about a week ago and I'm loving it. It is indeed a deep read as the book is loaded with details but Sally Bedell Smith shares some wonderful details that I have found nowhere else, in particular Elizabeth II's wry sense of humor and her humility. It is a rather large book, but I like that when it's a book I enjoy. It's too hard to find those so no rush to search out the next one. lol