Amazon Kindle discussion

Device Related > Smashwords to Kindle question

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (Drea) (new)

Andrea (Drea) (msdre711) I am new to the Kindle and I was hoping someone could help me. I gave the actual device to my mother and I use my Kindle app on my phone to read. Can I still dowload books from Smashwords to my kindle app?

And if not, can someone tell me how do I download it in into the actual Kindle device? I could get my mom to come over and I would like to add some on there for us to read. I tried to download it but it said something about an incorrect file path and my Windows could not open it. I am confused!

message 2: by Mhairi (last edited Nov 09, 2011 01:38PM) (new)

Mhairi Simpson (mhairisimpson) | 106 comments You can download the mobi file of a book from Smashwords and that will work in the kindle app on your phone. Should do, anyway.

Edit: Where it gives you all the file types, just select mobi.

Another edit: I believe you should be able to save it to your computer and then drag and drop to your Kindle. Unfortunately I don't have a Kindle, I use my iPod Touch. Any of you Kindlers paying attention? I'm out of ideas :(

message 3: by Clare K. R. (new)

Clare K. R. (clare-dragonfly) Andrea, to put a downloaded book on your Kindle, here's what you do:
1. Plug your Kindle into your computer with the USB cord.
2. Open the Kindle folder that appears on your desktop. Inside that folder, open the "documents" folder.
3. Open the folder that your downloaded book is in. Drag it into the "documents" folder in your Kindle.
4. Eject your Kindle from your computer and unplug it. The new book should appear on the home page.

message 4: by Andrea (Drea) (new)

Andrea (Drea) (msdre711) Thank you so much! I will definitely try it again and hope it works!