Creative Reviews discussion

Exciting News > We're nearly at 1000 members!!

Comments Showing 1-38 of 38 (38 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Did you know as of this writing, we have 976 members? That's only 24 away from hitting the one thousand mark. WOW. Shall we have a party? Tweet it far and wide? Not do anything?

I think that's awesome that this group has so many wonderful members, even if most of them are lurking.

:: waves to lurkers ::

At least you're here! That means you have excellent taste *haha*

-sry

message 2: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) I think we shall have to go on a recruitment drive!

This is a great opportunity for the lurkers to say hello - we won't bite (hard) :-D

message 3: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I will set up a 1,000 member giveaway.
I also plan to set up a few giveaways during the next two months!

Thanks for the update Sarah!

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) Great idea Cambria - who could resist!

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Kat wrote: "I think we shall have to go on a recruitment drive!

This is a great opportunity for the lurkers to say hello - we won't bite (hard) :-D"

Hey, Kat, speak for yourself! I bit hard *muahahaha*

Cambria, what a great idea to do a giveaway. Wish I could unjoin and rejoin just to try to be #1000!! :)

message 6: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments Me too!!!!

message 7: by Kat (new)

Kat (katzombie) Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Kat wrote: "I think we shall have to go on a recruitment drive!

This is a great opportunity for the lurkers to say hello - we won't bite (hard) :-D"

Hey, Kat, speak for yourself! I bit hard *muah..."

Shhhhhhh you'll scare them away and spoil the Grand Master Plan!

message 8: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) taking over the world one member at a time.....

message 9: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Jenn aka Texas Long Hair wrote: "taking over the world one member at a time....."

You know, Jenn, I have used The Brain as my avatar in the past. Taking over the world is a nightly event in my life :-) Okay, in my dreams but that happens at night *haha*

message 10: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Jenn aka Texas Long Hair wrote: "taking over the world one member at a time....."

You know, Jenn, I have used The Brain as my avatar in the past. Taking over the world is a nightly event in my lif..."

I daydream about it all the time.
OF course I would be content to just take over my own life ;)

message 11: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) 991 members! Only 8 to go!!!

message 12: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Jenn aka Texas Long Hair wrote: "991 members! Only 8 to go!!!"

woo-hoo!

message 13: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments 998!

message 14: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments I have set up a 1,000 member giveaway in the CR giveaway folder - please enter we hv great stuff to giveaway!

message 15: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments J.A. wrote: "998!"

OMG, it's like New Year's Eve in here! ((giggle))

message 16: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "J.A. wrote: "998!"

OMG, it's like New Year's Eve in here! ((giggle))"

Gonna party when we hit 999.... Lol

message 17: by Patricia (new)

Patricia | 170 comments 999 Members!!! as of this post!

message 18: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Party time!!!! Just sent out a tweet!

message 19: by Suki (last edited Nov 19, 2011 05:34PM) (new)

Suki Michelle (sukimichelle) | 103 comments Was I the 1000th!?? If so, what an honor! lol

message 20: by Suki (new)

Suki Michelle (sukimichelle) | 103 comments If not, I just embarrassed myself!!!

message 21: by Cambria (new)

Cambria (cambria409) | 3305 comments YES!!! We are now at 1,000 members!!!!!!!

Wooooo hooooooo. Get to the 1,000 member thread and leave a comment to enter next week i will announce the winners!!!!
Suki!!! You are member if the week! Lol. Welcome to CR!!

message 22: by Suki (last edited Nov 19, 2011 06:35PM) (new)

Suki Michelle (sukimichelle) | 103 comments WOW! I'm gonna put on my crown and ermine robe and sashay around the living room right now. YEAH!!!

Where is this 1000 member thread of which you speak and in which there are winners? I'm new 'round these parts.

message 23: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Clement (jaclement) | 1328 comments Welcome Suki!!! Our first kilo-member!!!
heheheh
Good work with the sashaying, btw....
JAC

message 24: by C.S. Splitter (new)

C.S. Splitter | 979 comments Welcome Suki! That's my mother-in-law' nickname, btw lol.

Splitter

message 25: by Sarah (last edited Nov 20, 2011 02:19AM) (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Suki wrote: "WOW! I'm gonna put on my crown and ermine robe and sashay around the living room right now. YEAH!!!

Where is this 1000 member thread of which you speak and in which there are winners? I'm new 'round these parts.
"

Suki, I'm not so new and yet *I* still haven't found the thread m'self so don't feel too badly ;-) I'll see if I can find it then come back and edit this post to link to it....brb. Oh and CONGA-RATS Miss 1000th Member :)

-sry

message 26: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Okay, I'm not positive but I'm fairly sure this is where you have to go to claim your 1000th member prize...actually it seems like anyone can enter to win, but Suki, if my opinion counted, I should think you'd get a winning entry automatically...then again, I'm not an admin and my opinion is just that, mine ;-)

1,000 Member GIVEAWAY

-sry

message 27: by Suki (new)

Suki Michelle (sukimichelle) | 103 comments Well, here I am the morning after my debut as The Big One Thousand. It was a glorious night of celebration. lololol.

Hey Splitter - All Suki's are lovable, so that makes you lucky to have one as an in-law (every rule has an exception - I hope she's not the one).

Thanks, Sarah Webbie - prizes are nice, but the excitement of having a title was even better.

Suki

PS: I do love Sookie Stackhouse even though she both spells and pronounces our name incorrectly.

message 28: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Okay, so I have a question, how come there are a thousand members and yet, it seems like I see the same dozen or two names all the time and have no clue who/where the other 980 members are hiding?

What are these lurkers doing in this group, I wonder? Anyone willing to come out of hiding to say? :) It's okay that you're lurking, I'm just curious why/what you're doing!

-sry
p.s. Suki I totally agree that the better "win" was BEING the 1000th member ^_^

message 29: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Okay, so I have a question, how come there are a thousand members and yet, it seems like I see the same dozen or two names all the time and have no clue who/where the other 980 members are hiding? ..."

Ya know, I think about that all the time Yoffa!
I hope they aren't intimidated or scared to hop in.
We LOVE to chat with new and old people, if you are a lurker come out come out wherever you are.
If you are shy, no worries, we don't bite!!!

message 30: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Suki wrote: "Well, here I am the morning after my debut as The Big One Thousand. It was a glorious night of celebration. lololol.

Hey Splitter - All Suki's are lovable, so that makes you lucky to have one as ..."

You should change your Good Reads name to Suki 1000th record holder of Creative Reviews. Just a thought! ;)

message 31: by Suki (new)

Suki Michelle (sukimichelle) | 103 comments Jenn aka Texas Long Hair wrote: "Suki wrote: "Well, here I am the morning after my debut as The Big One Thousand. It was a glorious night of celebration. lololol.

Hey Splitter - All Suki's are lovable, so that makes you lucky to..."

It's an excellent idea, Jenn, but I also happen to be the Twelve Millionth Visitor to the Free Laptop Website, and I don't want to make them jealous when I haven't yet received the promised laptop. (It's been eleven years, but I'm trying to be patient.)

message 32: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Suki wrote: "Jenn aka Texas Long Hair wrote: "Suki wrote: "Well, here I am the morning after my debut as The Big One Thousand. It was a glorious night of celebration. lololol.

Hey Splitter - All Suki's are lo..."

Lmao!!!

message 33: by Suki (new)

Suki Michelle (sukimichelle) | 103 comments sometimes i even crack myself up.

message 34: by Glinda (new)

Glinda Harrison (glindaharrison) | 3 comments Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Okay, so I have a question, how come there are a thousand members and yet, it seems like I see the same dozen or two names all the time and have no clue who/where the other 980 members are hiding? ..."

Hi Sarah! :) I usually lurk and read through in the email digest version. I am sure there are a lot of us here, LOL....

message 35: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Glinda wrote: "Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Okay, so I have a question, how come there are a thousand members and yet, it seems like I see the same dozen or two names all the time and have no clue who/whe..."

Glinda!!!! Thanks for stopping by and letting us know you DO exsist!!! Lol.
Hope to see more of ya!!!

message 36: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Yoffa (webbiegrrlwriter) | 501 comments Sarah, The Webbiegrrl Writer wrote: "Okay, so I have a question, how come there are a thousand members and yet, it seems like I see the same dozen or two names all the time and have no clue who/where the other 980 members are hiding? ."

To which Glinda replied: "Hi Sarah! :) I usually lurk and read through in the email digest version. I am sure there are a lot of us here, LOL"

Hi Glinda :) Okay, 1 down and only 979 left to go (haha) I really shouldn't talk 'cause I do exactly what you do--read the digest--on several other groups. Thanks for "delurking" long enough to say hi though :)

-sry

message 37: by Gerrie (new)

Gerrie Finger (goodreadscomgerrieferrisfinger) | 12 comments I'm one that reads the Digest. Now that my book WHISPERING debuted Nov. 30 I have more time.

A thousand members Great!

message 38: by Jenn (new)

Jenn  (greeneyez2012) Gerrie wrote: "I'm one that reads the Digest. Now that my book WHISPERING debuted Nov. 30 I have more time.

A thousand members Great!"

Congrats! Can you give us a link to see your book?