Indie Book Club discussion

Self Promotion > I made the Wall Street Journal!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Ok - I didn't 'exactly' make the Wall Street Journal.

But a short review I got in a New Jersey newspaper showed up on their site.

http://onespot.wsj.com/nyc-news/2011/...

It didn't do a lick for my sales, but it was still a kind of cool thing to find.

Jeff

message 2: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeffrey Poole (authorjmpoole) | 2287 comments Mod
Very nice! Congrats!!

message 3: by Lynne (new)

Lynne Williams (LynneEllis) | 18 comments Congrats, Jeffery!

message 4: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Thank you, Lynne and Big-J.

I need to apologize, though. I thought that I had posted this in the self promo section. I obviously did something wrong, since it is showing up in a general category. Didn't mean for that to happen. Moderators feel free to move it.

Jeff

message 5: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Hi Jeff -

No biggie. Got it moved over here for you. When creating a new post it'll default to the "General" folder unless you tell it otherwise. If you specify the correct folder, and then create your message, just double check that the correct folder is still showing. It's changed it on me a few times. Damn gremlins. :)

message 6: by Scott, Fabled Reviewer o' Tales! (new)

Scott (bookblogger) | 1315 comments Mod
A little late, but Congrat Jeffery! That is very cool.

message 7: by Libbie Hawker (new)

Libbie Hawker (L.M. Ironside) (lmironside) | 15 comments Wow, how fun! :) Congratulations!

message 8: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Hi Jeff -

No biggie. Got it moved over here for you. When creating a new post it'll default to the "General" folder unless you tell it otherwise. If you specify the correct folder, and then c..."

Thanks, Big-J!

message 9: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Scott wrote: "A little late, but Congrat Jeffery! That is very cool."

Thanks! Keeping hope alive that maybe one day they will review it for real!

message 10: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Lavender wrote: "Wow, how fun! :) Congratulations!"

Thank you!

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Juge (underdogwriter) | 12 comments Hey Jeff, that's awesome. And yes, I am buying a copy.

message 12: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Michael wrote: "Hey Jeff, that's awesome. And yes, I am buying a copy."

Wow! Thank you, Michael. I am honored.

I would love to know what you think. Email me or post your thoughts here, if you can. I'd love to get your feedback.

Jeff

message 13: by Jeffrey, Lentarian Fire Thrower (new)

Jeff -

What issue? I'll be on the look-out for it and if I see it, I'll pick up a copy!

Sadly, I don't normally read the WSJ. The last time I tried (you'll get a kick out of this) was about ten years ago when a friend and I went to pick up another friend at the airport and we discovered we were early. So we went to get a magazine or something. Since it was at odd hours (super late at night) all those damn little news stands were closed. The normal newspaper bins were empty as well. The one that wasn't? The WSJ. So we bought a copy. My friend rifled through it and said, and I quote, "Where's the sports section?"

My response wasn't much better. "Where's the comics?"

*sigh* Can't say that I've really changed since them. :)

message 14: by Michael (new)

Michael Juge (underdogwriter) | 12 comments Will do. I love the themes you're exploring in Ephemora, so I look forward to reading it.

message 15: by Jeffery (new)

Jeffery Anderson | 165 comments Jeffrey wrote: "Jeff -

What issue? I'll be on the look-out for it and if I see it, I'll pick up a copy!

Sadly, I don't normally read the WSJ. The last time I tried (you'll get a kick out of this) was about..."

Big J - Michael was talking about buying a copy of the book. The New Jersey review did not make the print, only the online.

LOL! at your airport story, though. I've been there at those weird hours. Airports are the perfect places for a good story. Everyone who flies has good airport stories. I think it is because everyone is outside of their element and has no control over what happens while they are there. It's sort of a survival situation where one tries to make one's self as comfortable and normal as possible, but obstacles always arise.

Jeff