Teen and YA addiction discussion

Monthly reads > december reads

Comments Showing 1-42 of 42 (42 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dana (new)

Dana Atallah (danaatallah1998) | 71 comments Mod
so what are the books you think we should read in december ?????

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) Mephisto Covenant by Trinity Faegen :) The Mephisto Covenant (The Mephisto Covenant, #1) by Trinity Faegen

Rachel's Book Reviews (rachelsbookreviews) OH! or, Geek Girl, that was good too Geek Girl by Cindy C. Bennett

message 4: by Veronica (new)

Veronica Morfi (vmorfi) | 8 comments Steel by Carrie Vaughn or Shut Out by Kody Keplinger I just got both and been dying to start them! :)

message 5: by Jackie (new)

Jackie (jacquelynnemarie) The Iron Knight
Touch of Frost
Tiger's Curse
The Pledge
Shatter Me

Those are my top 5 books I'd like to read during December. Although be warned the last two books are not released until November 15, 2011 - enough time to purchase a copy either hardcover or ebook but probably not enough time to take out from a library.

message 6: by Emilie (new)

Emilie | 417 comments Mod
Jacquelynne wrote: "The Iron Knight
Touch of Frost
Tiger's Curse
The Pledge
Shatter Me

Those are my top 5 books I'd like to read during Dec..."

Omg, I can't wait for Shatter Me! I've been dying to read it since I heard about it!

message 7: by Sofia (new)

message 8: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (wondrousreadings) Tiger's Curse, The Night Circus, Halo (I know I'm late reading it, lol)

message 9: by Batool (new)

message 10: by Dana (new)

Batool wrote: "The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa"

i really want to read that too but its the fourth book in the series we would have to start from iron king first . sorry.

message 11: by Dana (new)

Sarah wrote: "Tiger's Curse, The Night Circus, Halo (I know I'm late reading it, lol)"

i havent read tiger's curse yet :)

message 12: by Dana (new)

Emilie wrote: "Jacquelynne wrote: "The Iron Knight
Touch of Frost
Tiger's Curse
The Pledge
Shatter Me

Those are my top 5 books I'd lik..."

ooooh shatter me seems really good so does tigers curse.

message 13: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (wondrousreadings) Dana wrote: "Emilie wrote: "Jacquelynne wrote: "The Iron Knight
Touch of Frost
Tiger's Curse
The Pledge
Shatter Me

Those are m..."

I loved The Pledge, Shatter me sounds like an awesome book too (=

message 14: by Dana (new)

For me i would really like Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi or Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1) by Kami Garcia or The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa

message 15: by Celeste (last edited Nov 13, 2011 08:46AM) (new)

Celeste (readundancies) | 2 comments I vote for:

Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi & Deadly Cool (Deadly Cool, #1) by Gemma Halliday & You Have Seven Messages by Stewart Lewis

message 16: by Emilie (new)

Oh, I really want to read Deadly Cool!!!

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Immie wrote: "Theresa wrote: "Wicked Lovely, Midnight Alley, You Against Me, Forgotten, Need and Vampire Academy"

I agree"

Hey there,

If you'd consider putting my book, The Betrayals of Grim's Peak on your reading list at some point, I'll do a FREE e-book giveaway for everyone in the group, so whoever wants it will get a free copy :)

Here's a little from it's first professional review -

"It is not very often that I open a book package in my house and set everything else aside, seeing as that I usually already have a pile to review. But when this one came into my hands, let’s just say that the first page ‘had me at hello,’ (not that I ever like using a Tom Cruise reference.) But to be given a young adult title with no vampires, no ‘yearnings’ of love, no thoughts of suicide - I mean, this was not only a great plot with fantastical characters - but it was also a total breath of fresh air.

I am telling you, readers - take a wee bit of Harry Potter, combine it with Peter Pan’s Lost Boys, throw in some Eragon, and infuse all of that with a new author whose imagination has such an appeal that you will want to read every book in this series - and you end up with the world of Grim’s Peak. The carriage called a ‘Sleeker’ is beyond cool; the dead lake in Hel-mir is frightening and creepy; the Water Arch that protects the city, and even the odd foods from Coral Sweets (candy) to the glasses of creamy whale’s milk - there is not one scene that doesn’t bring you into a seriously glorious world that SHOULD be looked at as the next ‘big’ YA fantasy series! This is a truly great read!"

Until Next Time,
Amy (Lignor)

As a professional reviewer, interviewer, ghostwriter and editor, Amy Lignor has had the great honor of working with a variety of companies, authors, and sites including: The Feathered Quill; Bookpleasures.com; Authorlink; BookPage; Kensington; Once Upon a Romance; and The RT (Romantic Times Magazine), to name a few.

message 20: by Theresa (new)

Theresa (theresa_sofia) Immie wrote: "Theresa wrote: "Wicked Lovely, Midnight Alley, You Against Me, Forgotten, Need and Vampire Academy"

I agree"

Can't wait xD

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm currently reading a book I'm going to be reviewing, and I just finished two short stories for review. All are very good, and listed below.

Cardsharp A Vincent Ward Adventure (The Vincent Ward Adventures) by Paul Westmoreland Before (Heven and Hell, #0.5) by Cambria Hebert Whiteout  by Cambria Hebert

I'm going to be reading:

Masquerade (Heven and Hell, #1) by Cambria Hebert

And, if anyone is looking for a good, different Holiday read, please check out my Christmas novel. It's getting great reviews! :D

Clara Claus by Alexandra Lanc

message 22: by Christina J. (new)

Christina J.  (dailygeofffix) | 3 comments My december reads will be Vampire academy and Clockwork prince :D

message 23: by Emilie (new)

Christina wrote: "My december reads will be Vampire academy and Clockwork prince :D"

I can't wait for Clockwork Prince!! :DDD

message 24: by [deleted user] (last edited Nov 16, 2011 11:15AM) (new)

I just received this ebook, and will probably be reading it during December. :)

The Betrayals of Grim's Peak by Sean J. Quirk

message 25: by Christina J. (new)

Christina J.  (dailygeofffix) | 3 comments Emilie wrote: "Christina wrote: "My december reads will be Vampire academy and Clockwork prince :D"

I can't wait for Clockwork Prince!! :DDD"

Same here! :D

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Alexandra wrote: "I just received this ebook, and will probably be reading it during December. :)

The Betrayals of Grim's Peak by Sean J. Quirk"

Thanks for reading!

message 27: by Emilie (new)

Alexandra, you gotta make a review after you've read it :DDD

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Emilie wrote: "Alexandra, you gotta make a review after you've read it :DDD"

@Sean: Of course. Thanks for the book. :)

@Emilie: I will definitely make a review! I'll post it on my blog. :)

message 29: by Emilie (new)

Good, I'll read it then :DDD

message 30: by Melody (new)

Melody Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa Marr Fateful by Claudia Gray Clockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

The whole premise of Fateful is seriously ridiculous but equally intriguing.

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

I just got and am sooooo excited to read: Masquerade (Heven and Hell, #1) by Cambria Hebert

message 32: by Cindy (new)

message 33: by Dawn (new)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Just finished The Iron Knight (Iron Fey, #4) by Julie Kagawa and am working on my review!

Can't wait to read: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi

message 35: by Emilie (new)

Oooooh, what did you think of it? :DDDD

message 36: by [deleted user] (new)

Emilie wrote: "Oooooh, what did you think of it? :DDDD"

It was very good. Not what I expected, but good...

You can read the full review on my blog: http://wordsoftheworlds.blogspot.com/...

message 37: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Smiley (daniellesmiley) I'd love to read Bloodlines with you (I just got it from the library). I've already read the Iron King and City of Bones; both are crazy good!!!Shatter me and the Pledge are sounding really good, too.

I'd be interested in reading Sean's book too if we decide to do that.

message 38: by Heather (new)

Heather (goodreadscomheather-jane) | 91 comments Some of these: The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater , Stealing Phoenix by Joss Stirling , Phantom (The Vampire Diaries The Hunters, #1) by L.J. Smith , The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1) by Jenny Han , Sweetly (Fairytale Retellings, #2) by Jackson Pearce

message 39: by Heather (new)

Heather (goodreadscomheather-jane) | 91 comments Veronica wrote: "Steel by Carrie Vaughn or Shut Out by Kody Keplinger I just got both and been dying to start them! :)"

I really want to read: Steel by Carrie Vaughn as well but i cannot find it in the libraries so i might have to buy it:)

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Am working on:

The Princes of Tangleforest by Dorlana Vann and The Betrayals of Grim's Peak by Sean J. Quirk

Soon be working on:

Swirls: The Outsiders #1

message 41: by Okkels (new)

Okkels | 3 comments I'm new to this group thing, but I saw a December read was The Pledge, and I LOVED that book! That was quite a few books ago and my memory is waning on the details, but it was very exciting and I could not put it down!

Tammy ~Witching Hour Reads~ (03tammy-lynn) | 140 comments Melody wrote: "Shatter Me (Shatter Me, #1) by Tahereh MafiWicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely, #1) by Melissa MarrFateful by Claudia GrayClockwork Angel (The Infernal Devices #1) by Cassandra Clare

The whole premise of Fateful is seriously ridiculous but equally intri..."

Did you read Fateful? What did you think of it?