Love Inspired Books discussion

Book Extras > The Story Behind Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek byJanet Tronstad

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Love Inspired (new)

Love Inspired Books (loveinspiredbooks) | 1035 comments Mod
Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek (Love Inspired) by Janet Tronstad

I am so pleased to have a new four-book family saga within my Dry Creek series coming out over the next year. As some of you know, Dry Creek is a fictious small town in the southeastern corner of Montana that I have been writing about for some time now. When I picked the location for my series, I instinctively set it where my heart was.

I was born in that corner of the state, and, even though my parents moved from there when it was time for me and my sister to go to school, it still maintains a hold on me.

The area is so isolated there was virtually no way for my sister and I to attend school once they closed the one room school that had served the few rural families for decades. I doubt there were more than fifteen students in all eight grades of that school (I would know as my mother was the teacher and she brought me to school with her in a basket when I was a wee one. I spent the first few years of my life in that school before I actually officially attended).

In any event, even though my family moved to a more prosperous part of the state, the feelings of that remote area are woven through our family's life and find their way into the stories I tell in my Dry Creek series. When it came time to do what I call 'a bigger promotion' for my books, I decided to write a song to talk about the values of that area. Fortunately, I have a good friend who was a professional musician 'in the day' and was eager to help me bring my lyrics to life. I now have a You Tube of that song. I located Depression era photos to go with the song (one of those photos is shown here). These are actual pictures taken by a US government program during the years of the depression.

Come listen to a song I wrote. Lyrics by me, music by my good friend, David White. Dpression era photos. It's a tribute to my Dry Creek books.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUHryj...

Janet Tronstad is the award-winning author of a long-standing series of Harlequin Love Inspired novels set in the fictitious town of Dry Creek, Montana.

The full song will be available as an iTune when I get it set-up (check my website for updates on the iTune). I am very pleased with the way the song captured the values I learned in Montana as a child and I hope it speaks to you as well.

Janet Tronstad
www.JanetTronstad.com
Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek, 11/11
Mail Order Brides with Jillian Hart, 12/11
A Lilac Wedding in Dry Creek, 4/12

Janet Tronstad
www.JanetTronstad.com
www.drycreekdays.blogspot.com

Sleigh Bells for Dry Creek, November 2011 (1st in Return to Dry Creek series)
Mail-Order Christmas Brides, LIH December 2011
Lilac Wedding for Dry Creek, March 2012

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan Loved this book!! Can't wait to read more! :)

message 3: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments Im loving this book, and I cant wait to read more of this series! =)

message 4: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Thanks so much Susan and Melissa! And the next book in the Return to Dry Creek series comes out in March. Of course, there are many books in the regular Dry Creek series, including a Mail-Order Christmas Brides novella coming next month with Jillian Hart.

message 5: by Melissa (last edited Nov 09, 2011 12:51PM) (new)

Melissa (mblisa) | 76 comments Janet Tronstad wrote: "Thanks so much Susan and Melissa! And the next book in the Return to Dry Creek series comes out in March. Of course, there are many books in the regular Dry Creek series, including a Mail-Order C..."

Ive been collecting the books in the regular Dry Creek series for awhile.. =)
I really enjoy the series!
Im looking forward to the new books coming out. =)

message 6: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments I just finished this book and am putting up my review this weekend. I loved it.

message 7: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Glad you liked it, Ausjenny!

message 8: by Judy (new)

Judy I have enjoyed all of Janet's books. Seems like such a long time since I read one so I'm definitely ready for more Dry Creek. I wish I had time to go back and read all the others, they were all so good and some were so exceptional I remember them well!

message 9: by Carissa (new)

Carissa Can't wait to read the book, I listened to the song on youtube and loved it, can't wait for it to come to Itunes

message 10: by Judy (new)

Judy I finished Sleigh Bells yesterday and can't wait for the next Stone story!!!

I just read Her Christmas Family by Jillian and ready to read Christmas Stars for Dry Creek. Jillian did an excellent job of getting me, as a reader, anxious to hear about Eleanor in Janet's story. But first I need to write my review for Jillian's story- as I'm old and forgetful :-)

Great job as usual Janet, Sleigh Bells was so full of different emotions and stories. And hopefully some life lessons on how we should treat folks as Christians.

message 11: by JanetTronstad (last edited Nov 20, 2011 01:37PM) (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Carissa, the song is on Amazon as an MP3 currently. Just look for it under my name in the MP3 section.

And, thanks Judy for the kind words.

message 12: by Carissa (new)

Carissa thanks Janet

message 13: by Terri (new)

Terri (terrie) | 253 comments Janet, I noticed your book in amazon kindle for 3.99 now.

http://www.amazon.com/Sleigh-Bells-Cr...

message 14: by JanetTronstad (new)

JanetTronstad Author Tronstad | 95 comments Terri -- I think 3.99 is going to be the regular ebook price for LI books (generally speaking).

message 15: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Thats not bad wish I could get them from the getgo. rather than waiting 2 years for ebooks.

message 16: by Judy (new)

Judy Ausjenny wrote: "Thats not bad wish I could get them from the getgo. rather than waiting 2 years for ebooks."
Why do you have to wait two years?

message 17: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments its something to do with our draconian copyright laws I believe.

message 18: by Judy (new)

Judy Ausjenny wrote: "its something to do with our draconian copyright laws I believe."

HUH! I thought anyone could go on B&N or Amazon and buy an ebook when they came out. Learn something new all the time. At least you get the review books right away Jenny.

message 19: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments true the issue is when you use Amazon etc to set up an account you put your address in. Even when I was in Hawaii they knew it was an Australian address. maybe if I changed the settings there I may have been ok but I doubt it. I cant buy electronically from B&N at all cos the Nook isn't international so they wont sell if you have an international address. Its not all books like barbour I can get straight away but I think cos Harliquen has a branch in australia it affects it. Someone was saying he tries to get Aussie mills and boons books electronically but cos of the laws he cant get them so it can work both ways. One way I think is to go via the UK I think we can get them easier that way but not sure.

message 20: by Judy (new)

Judy Ausjenny wrote: "true the issue is when you use Amazon etc to set up an account you put your address in. Even when I was in Hawaii they knew it was an Australian address. maybe if I changed the settings there I may..."

And I always think I'm too old to learn something new :-)

message 21: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments Hey Judy did you enter the draw for 3 books on my blog?

message 22: by Judy (new)

Judy Ausjenny wrote: "Hey Judy did you enter the draw for 3 books on my blog?"

I did not. I have been helping some authors with proof reading their e-books and I have a few NetGalley's I'm working my way through. I also read Janet & Jillian's latest books and finished the Texas Ranger Justice 6 book series. All of that means that I don't always enter for free books since I have hundreds staring at me and in the next few weeks I have about 6 or so I'll be proof reading. But thanks for asking, they look like good books but I just need to pace myself better and try to read some of what I have.

message 23: by Ausjenny (new)

Ausjenny | 517 comments thats ok I know about books. I still have 6 states to go and finally have a Mississippi book. plus 3 LI books I need to read plus 3 review books of which one is yet to come will start on Lyn Cotes book today. then one of Jillians (not sure if I start with the novella or other)
but have to start the review book Saturday so depends how much can be read. I would say not to much today after beening awake half the night.