UK Amazon Kindle Forum discussion

Book Recommendations > Elisabeth Sladen - The Autobiography

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darren (last edited Nov 09, 2011 07:52AM) (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Elisabeth Sladen The Autobiography by Elisabeth Sladen I loved Elisabeth Sladen. No seriously, I loved her. I only met her twice, but I loved her. I loved her so much that I named my daughter after Sarah Jane Smith, the Doctor Who companion she played alongside many of the doctors (it gets a bit complicated).

This, therefore is at the top of my Xmas list even though it's not on kindle.

Did I mention that I loved Lis Sladen?

message 2: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments So does my Grand-daughter.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Never heard of her.

message 4: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments That's all right Patti I love her enough for everyone.

Did I mention that I love her?

message 5: by Kath (new)

Kath Middleton | 25061 comments Patti (Totally Bananas) wrote: "Never heard of her."

You've never heard of my grand-daughter? Shocking!

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I get the feeling Darren likes Ms. Sladen...

message 7: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments No, I don't like her, I loved her. Did I not make that clear enough?

Gingerlily - The Full Wild | 36808 comments I am kind of getting the message at this stage... The picture of you with her on your facebook page kind of gives a hint as well.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments Oh her!

message 10: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments I met her a few years ago, before the comeback and the fuss and all of that and she was positively charming. We spoke for half an hour or so just like real, normal people.

It was such a shame about the unpleasantness and the restraining and all that, but I forgave her.

Patti (baconater) (goldengreene) | 61757 comments You just made me snort a laugh out my nose and it hurt!

message 12: by Darren (new)

Darren Humphries (darrenhf) | 6980 comments Oh I'm sorry. The first part of the post is true, though. She was thoroughly lovely and the character came into my life at a very impressionable age. I honestly believe that she was the second lady that I ever fell in love with. Unlike many others, she never let me down.

When Doctor Who came back I asked for two things - let it be good and let Sarah Jane come back. I got my wishes and then some.