Pellinor fans!!! discussion

Fun :) > Kickass Authors and Kickass Females

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
How about Katsa and Fire, the amazing creations of author Kirstin Cashore?
Her characters couldn't be more kickass if they tried!!! And her male characters are just as good!!

message 2: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
Apparently she brings them all together!!! EEEEEEEEEE can't wait!!! I only have one thing to say, they ay be strong but they seem to really hate the idea of having children, and all the mothers seem to die....

message 3: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
maybe.... now can't think of any kickass female whose parents are still alive, or eve who has one parent.....hmm

message 4: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
Ooh, thought of one!! Yelena from Maria V. Snyder's Study series and Opal from her Glass series! They both have living parents, and they are both quite kickass, Yelena more so than Opal.

message 5: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
It's the sequels, they are good! i really love them!

message 6: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
Just thought of another female character who has living parents, although its more of a childrens book, but its the book that got me reading!
Kestrel Hath from The WindSinger.

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
it's about a group of children who get thrown out of their city for being a bit different and their journey to help save their city from ultimate distraction. its really good, i read them at least once a year. there are three books int he trilogy. the wind singer, the slaves of the mastery and firesong. its one of my favourite books of all time!

message 8: by Karina (new)

Karina (clutz4life24) | 7 comments can quackenbush... lma YA abarat series by clive barker. shes pretty kick ass lol

message 9: by Abigail (new)

Abigail Danfora (ladyeramere) | 22 comments Mod
ohh how about The Land of Elyon series by Patrick Carmen? i used to like those when i was a bit younger...it's about a young girl named Alexa and it even has SQUIRRELS in it!!! :D I <3 squirrels! haha

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
Astrid? i don't remember her being particularly kickass....but then i didn't really like those books :/
what about Khalan from The Wizard's First Rule? She's defiantly kick ass!! even more so than in the TV series they did of that book, which I can't stand cos it's all wrong!!

@Maeve, you've made me think of so many other kickass females!

There's (I was about to write whatsit and whatsit, but then i thought no go and get the book!) Amara and Isana from Furies of Calderon and Karigan from The Green Rider. Also Amelia from The Orphans of Chaos, Jenna from The Forging of the Sword, have I mentioned Sabril and Lirael yet? maybe not but i think they are both very kickass!! Interestingly (because this was one of the questions behind this thread in the first place) only one of these characters was written by a woman!

message 11: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
Ah I love those two books!! I've said it before and i'll say it again, and again!! I'm rereading Graceling at the moment, such a good book!!

message 12: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
:D still need to read the last two, got distracted by some other books :/

message 13: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
I'm 50/50 on the one hand i like happy endings, but then i also like it when it doesn't end quite so happy...like in the High Lord, happy ending but then its also kinda sad

message 14: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
who is this author, vie never heard of her but loads of people rave about her

message 15: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
who does she compare to like is she epic fantasy? what i call soppy fantasy (romance)? or trudi canavan fantasy?

message 16: by Becky (new)

Becky | 232 comments Mod
might try one at some point