Literary Outlaws discussion

How do we do this?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tiago "Salvador" Souza (tssalvador) | 16 comments Well I have never participated in a "book club" to be fair, so this is all news to me. Not sure if we have enough people to discuss too many books. Someone suggested that we started by reading a book at the same time and discussing, like The Name of the Rose

message 2: by Fabian (new)

Fabian Scherschel (fabsh) | 6 comments Mod
I would love to make a list with books to read and I'd love to also talk about them in some capacity but I'm not quite sure how to do that yet. When nano is over I'll have a think about it and how best to do this. Suggestions are welcome. :)

message 3: by Fabian (new)

Sounds good to me.

message 4: by Darren (new)

Darren Fuller (dazfuller) Are we going for any kind of book or ones which are available as ebooks, also are we factoring in cost? So anything which is under say $2 is fine?

Also, hello :)

message 5: by Chris (new)

Chris W (basop) I think for the sake of generality it should be set out as Sarah has said (sounds like a good system) also the books should probably be available in both eBook and paper so that everyone can join in. just a thought

oh and hello as well :), might need a introduction thread as well.

message 6: by Durand (new)

Durand D'souza (dldx) | 11 comments They should definitely be in ebook and book format. Also, isn't $2 ridiculously cheap? Even second hand books here in the UK are like $5...

message 7: by Chris (new)

Chris W (basop) I think the price of the books should be variable not a set limit but nothing over priced like a brand new just released hardcover.

message 8: by Darren (new)

Darren Fuller (dazfuller) My $2 comment was pretty much just a random number, what I was getting more at I suppose was not pricing people out of
participating.

message 9: by Fabian (new)

Yeah, whatever we do, the books should definitely be available as ebooks.

message 10: by Chris (new)

Chris W (basop) Fab likes his kindle haha actually I've just bought one as well.

message 11: by Darren (new)

Darren Fuller (dazfuller) Just as long as we don't pick a book from penguin then ;-)