Larissa Ione Fans discussion

Lords of Deliverance: The Books > Lethal Rider (book 3)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 50 (50 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) by Larissa Ione

ATTENTION!!! MAJOR SPOILER IN BLURB IF YOU HAVEN'T READ IMMORTAL RIDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanatos, the most deadly Horseman of the Apocalypse, has endured thousands of years of celibacy to prevent the end of days. But just one night with the wickedly sexy Aegis Guardian, ReganCooper, shatters centuries of resolve. Yet their passion comes with a price. And Thanatos must face a truth more terrifying than an apocalypse-he's about to become a father.

Demon-slayer Regan Cooper never imagined herself the maternal type, but with the fate of the world hanging in the balance she had no choice but to seduce Thanatos and bear his child. Now, as the final battle draws closer and his rage at being betrayed is overshadowed by an undeniable passion for the mother of his child, Thanatos has a life-shattering realization: To save the world, he must sacrifice the only thing he's ever wanted-a family.

message 2: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments Here's a full view of the cover

message 3: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments @Lady Vale: Could you move this topic to the LOTD books folder?

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Why did the thread show up here when I started it in the LOTD books section? I'm confused!

message 5: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments you have to mark it in what folder you want it go in, even if you start it in the LOTD section. There would be a drop down menu and you have to choose which folder from there. Can you edit it and chose the folder from there?

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) No! That's strange, it never happened in other groups.

message 7: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments I guess we'll have to wait for lady Vale. That's strange you aren't able to change it since you created the topic....ARRRGHH! Oh, well.

message 8: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 430 comments Mod
Done, sorry for doing it so lately girls. I have been very busy but I'm back. Such an AMAZING cover!

message 9: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments No problem, Vale! We still love you! Hahaha! I KNOW! I LOVE THE COVER! AHHHHHHHHH! Haven't even read the second yet and I FRECKIN" CANT WAIT FOR THIS ONE! AHHHHHHH

message 10: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 430 comments Mod
What do you mean about the 2nd one? It's not out yet, isn't it? I thought it would not be out till December!

message 11: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments Yea. haven't read the second yet, but the release date is moved up to November 22! So like in 2 weeks I think~! AHHHHHHHHHHH! I WANT!

message 12: by Katie (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) | 4 comments and finally they are releasing on the paperback and the ebook on the same day!

message 13: by valee, Your moderator :) (new)

valee | 430 comments Mod
OMG That's just awesome, can't wait, I just adore LI's books so much!

message 14: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments I KNOW! I thank whoever moved the date up! YES! YES! YES! I can't get enough of Larissa Ione!

message 16: by Pansy (new)

Pansy That cover is sexy. The 22nd cannot come fast enough. I made need to do a recap of the last book. A quick skim.

message 17: by Elsie (new)

Elsie (aussiemom2) | 17 comments Just finished the book and it's awesome. Definitely going to be agonizing waiting for Lethal Rider to premier. Just had a revelation about one of the characters of the book; but will wait until everyone catches up before I comment on it.

message 18: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments don't you mean you finished Immortal Rider, Lethal Rider isn't out yet. Hahaha!

message 19: by Elsie (new)

Elsie (aussiemom2) | 17 comments Mariya wrote: "don't you mean you finished Immortal Rider, Lethal Rider isn't out yet. Hahaha!"

OH whoops! My bad LOL.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) All I want to see in that book is Than ripping that bitch to pieces. After her giving birth, of course! I'm not that mean. Then his HEA can be to raise the child with his siblings.

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 31 comments Oh my Sarah...breath..... I'm sorry but you know that is not going to happen, after all this is PNR and Than and Regan are going to end up together and in love. This is not the first couple in PNR that had a REALLY, REALLY BAD start and got their HEA.

message 22: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 123 comments @Sarah: Do you honestly believe that is gonna happen? This is PNR and it is kinda obvious how it's gonna end.

message 23: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Dec 09, 2011 09:17AM) (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) I know how it's gonna end. That's the boring thing about PR! This doesn't mean it'll be believable at all! I can see that I'll be majorly dissapointed with my fave Lord who'll turn from DEATH to a sappy fool!

It's also pretty sad that a character gets rewarded for raping someone.

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 31 comments Sarah, don't be so disappointed, maybe you'll like it !!! Remember the Regan was drugged too with the mead and that's why she didn't stop. I know she was there to seduce him to begin with but not to rape him... that was not her intention. :(

message 25: by Vira (new)

Vira | 5 comments jealous sarah is a very bad thing...i dont think we should just judge the book yet am a fan of love-hate storys i find this extremely romatic even if we know how is going to end and i thinks this one is going to be amazing super interesting how their story is going to develop

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 31 comments Sarah, I love the series Immortals After Dark and in the last book Dreams of a Dark Warrior (Immortals After Dark, #11) by Kresley Cole I hated the male main character (Declan) because he was a bad guy that hurt lots of people, so I could not imagine how in the world Regin was going to fall for him after all the bad things he did to her a lots of others. But it ended up being an awesome book, now I absolutely love Declan!!!! Maybe you'll like Lethal Rider (Lords of Deliverance, #3) by Larissa Ione after all.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Lizabel Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror wrote: "Sarah, don't be so disappointed, maybe you'll like it !!! Remember the Regan was drugged too with the mead and that's why she didn't stop. I know she was there to seduce him to begin with but not..."

Sorry, but the mead wasn't that strong! She knew exactly what she did! I already said it in another thread, it's like having a drunk guy rape a girl and be all "Poor guy. He was drunk. It's not that bad." I cannot believe Ione went that way.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Vira wrote: "jealous sarah is a very bad thing...i dont think we should just judge the book yet am a fan of love-hate storys i find this extremely romatic even if we know how is going to end and i thinks this ..."

Could you please stop with that jealousy thing, Vira!!! Thank you!

message 29: by Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Feb 27, 2012 06:39PM) (new)

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 31 comments I'm not saying poor Regan,because she should not have been trying to seduce him in the first place but if the mead was not "that strong", why couldn't Than push her off him like he "wanted to"... because he was drugged with the SAME STRONG MEAD. She wanted to seduce him but she did not know the mead was drugged. The "doppelganger" Vampire set the bottle of "his favorite mead" out with the glasses ready for them,in fact it was Than who told her to drink it. Even when Regan already was ridding him and I quote

" and against his will his hips came off the bed to take her deeper. He shouldn't be enjoying this but she was moving faster now, her breasts lifting and falling with her increasingly rapid breaths. Magnificent...she was breathtaking in her passion, his own passion spiraled out of control, his pleasure searing, intense..."

How was she to know that he did meant his NO when his body was doing all the right things (usually men never do). In her mind he is this big powerful Horseman, a feared WARRIOR, that could have push her away and kicked her ass at any time. She did not know that he was unable because of the mead. Do you really think she knew that she could actually held him down and kept him from "moving"... wait he kept moving his hips to meet hers though. At the moment she was in rapture with pleasure, thinking he was enjoying himself too. She was exited at the prospect of finally having sex with a man without killing him with her "gift". Actually if not for her gift Regan would have died moments before they had sex because he tried to kill her with his souls " by accident"... he didn't mean to but could not help himself because of his rage. (I'm sure Sarah that you would have been very happy with Regan's sudden death)...LOL She wasn't even mad at him because of that.

Here's the thing I think she did drugged him but not on purpose, he was "not able to move" and she was not able to stop, feeling it was mutual.

I was a very, very bad situation indeed. Not everything is black & white... there were lots of gray there!!!

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Than was pinned down by her power and couldn't push her away! Sorry but when someone says NO, you stop doing what you're doing! The mead is a very lame excuse!

message 31: by Nichole (new)

Nichole Wolfe (nicholew7288) I totally agree with Sarah. Her whole "I thought no meant yes" was totally lame. I mean we all know they are going to end up together, and I'm sure it will be a good story, but that was a SUCKY beginning. I hope the ending is a lot better.

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Sorry, but I'll never accept that Thanatos (DEATH) forgives that.

message 33: by Nichole (new)

Nichole Wolfe (nicholew7288) Well, it's not like he didn't want it really, he was only saying no because he thought it would break his Seal. So I think that might be why he ends up forgiving her. Still a horrible way to start a relationship tho.

message 34: by Nichole (new)

Nichole Wolfe (nicholew7288) Oh, and did they change the cover of the book?

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) Doesn't matter why he said no! He did and she didn't care!

Why should they change the cover? But there could be two, one for the American and one the UK version.

message 36: by Nichole (new)

Nichole Wolfe (nicholew7288) O that might explain it, because there's one with a man and woman, and another with a guy on a horse.

message 37: by Neyra ♦ (new)

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 14 comments LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!! I'm waiting for Thanatos' book trying not to go crazy! Oh and FYI, I hate Regan -,- She annoyed the hell out of me and it was a surprise I didn't lose my ever-loving mind because of what she did to Than!! >:[

message 38: by Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥ (last edited Apr 19, 2012 10:31PM) (new)

Sarah ♥ dog crazy ♥  (mylheage) I hate Regan as well and want her dead! Than is my fave as well but if he forgives her, I'll lose all respect I ever had for him.

message 39: by Neyra ♦ (new)

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 14 comments Lol I wouldn't go that far, I just don't care for her. I did however want to smack the shit out of her! Well, I think he's meant to forgive her, so even if it's better that he doesn't, well, I think Larissa's going to make sure he gets his HEA. I just wish it would've been someone better and likable who WOULDN'T have raped him... All in all, at least I hope it takes the better part of the book, of him being angry with her and not forgive her the first instant she pouts her lips at him and says sorry..

message 40: by Nichole (new)

Nichole Wolfe (nicholew7288) I'm sure Larissa wouldn't make Than THAT pathetic! That would be...unforgivable IMO. If she degraded her own awesome character that way, she might as well throw out her pen and pad and give up writing.

message 41: by Lori (new)

Lori | 16 comments I did the audio version of all of Ione's books in the Demonica and LOD series and not until after I re-read Immortal Rider (gearing up for Than's story...I can't wait!) this time around did I let it play until after the credits. I was delightfully surprised to listen to an excerpt from Thanatos' book. It is different from the excerpt that Ms. Ione posted on her website and I was curious if any of you wonderful readers had the same experience with the paperback. Was there an excerpt for Lethal Rider in the paperback and was it the same as what is on the website?

message 42: by Neyra ♦ (new)

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 14 comments Nichole, I agree he's awesome and deserves a really great story and HEA!

Lori, I haven't read it on the website, but I did on Immortal Rider's Excerpt. I'm sure the one in Immortal Rider is just a rough draft :)

message 43: by Lori (new)

Lori | 16 comments Neyra wrote: "Nichole, I agree he's awesome and deserves a really great story and HEA!

Lori, I haven't read it on the website, but I did on Immortal Rider's Excerpt. I'm sure the one in Immortal Rider is just ..."

I thought so, but the one on Immortal Rider has more POV than on Ione's website. Needless to say, both excerpts are leaving me super hyped and anxiously waiting Lethal Rider!

message 44: by Neyra ♦ (new)

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 14 comments Seriously!! ^-^ I love Than him and Reseph are my favorite horsemen, but Thanatos tops them all <3 x] And I'm trying to be patient, cause Hades came out and rescued Than from his home, I wonder what that lil devil is up to!!! :O Lol

message 45: by Lori (new)

Lori | 16 comments Neyra wrote: "Seriously!! ^-^ I love Than him and Reseph are my favorite horsemen, but Thanatos tops them all <3 x] And I'm trying to be patient, cause Hades came out and rescued Than from his home, I wonder wha..."

Have you read Lethal Rider yet?

message 46: by Neyra ♦ (new)

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 14 comments Lori wrote: "Have you read Lethal Rider yet?"

Yes ma'am, I got the ARC at the beginning of the month ^-^ Have You? :D

message 47: by Lori (last edited May 25, 2012 07:12AM) (new)

Lori | 16 comments @Neyra: I finished it hours after I downloaded it at 2am on the 22nd. Lol!

Some good stuff at the end with Harvester;) We'll have to discuss it in the other Lethal Rider discussion thingy when it opens.

message 48: by Neyra ♦ (new)

Neyra ♦ (drkstaddictions) | 14 comments Lmao! I did too, once I got it, I was in the middle of some other books/reviews and I just dropped everything to read it! xD I love Than He's my Horseman♥ ;)

Ohh, I know right! I really loved what was implied about them. Can't wait to read more on the angels :D

Liz Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 31 comments I absolutely loved "Lethal Rider"...4 me it has been the best LOD book yet!!!!! Can't wait 4 Reseph's !!!!

Lisa Arbitrary - AttentionIsArbitrary M/M Blog (lisaarbitrary) | 2 comments I want to read Lethal Rider but I feel foggy about where the series left off. My old brain just can't bring back what was happening. I don't have the first 2 books any more (I traded them in *shame). I'm wondering if book 3 will bring me back up to speed with some re-telling. Or do you think I'll be lost?

Thanks for your help.