What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

POSSIBLY SOLVED > Canadian book about a girl

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kassandra (new)

Kassandra | 1 comments Im looking for book about a teenage girl who lives with her mom and new stepfather in toronto, and he is a graphic disinger and her mother works as a doctor who delivers babies. The girl is sort of down because she recently had to move and her ex best friend hooked up with her ex boyfriend right after she moved away. She has a dog whom she lvoes very much, its summer and she signs up for a program to travel across canada (ontario to bc) and she has a prosthetic leg, she starts to fall for one of the driversécounsellors but he has issues since his ex gf whow as pregnant had an abortion. She ends up dating one of the guys on the trip ad starts to hook up with him, and at one point he is attacked by a bear. In the end hes okay and they date, her mother comes to visit her in bc on her way to toykyo to surpirse her new husband since he i s away on business she also surprises her daughter with the fact that she is pregnant with twins.

I read this book in 2010 for an english isu, im pretty sur eits cndian and on the cover of the version i read (not sure if there are different versions) there is a rock path in a field with a girl walking, you cant see her face, im pretty sure this is by a canadian author.

message 2: by Cathy (last edited Nov 08, 2011 08:17PM) (new)

message 3: by Kate (last edited May 11, 2012 11:06PM) (new)

Kate Farrell | 4072 comments Mod
Kassandra wrote: "Im looking for book about a teenage girl who lives with her mom and new stepfather in toronto, and he is a graphic disinger and her mother works as a doctor who delivers babies. The girl is sort o..."
Tripping by Heather Waldorf really matches the description Kassandra gave. Kassandra, is this your book?

message 4: by bookel (new)

bookel | 2108 comments CM Magazine review for Tripping appears to match.

message 5: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6980 comments Mod
Ok the OP hasn't done anything on GR since posting this. So I am moving this down to Possibly Solved.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Tripping (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Heather Waldorf (other topics)