Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Themes > Historical

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited Nov 08, 2011 05:51PM) (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
Butterfly Swords by Jeannie Lin Zoe by T.A. Ford Seminole Song by Vella Munn

message 2: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy The Splendor of Silence A Novel by Indu Sundaresan

I recently finished this book, mostly taking place in India (but some Burma) during the British-Indian struggles towards independence. The romance is between an American soldier and a young Indian woman. The story is on the slower side, but it is jammed pack with lots of interesting things: classism, prejudice, racisim, politics, forbidden love, hidden prisons, terrorists, daring rescues, treks across jungles and deserts, WWII, etc. I recommend this! After I finished, I felt I could imagine this book as a BBC mini-series of some kind.

message 3: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Pygmy wrote: "The Splendor of Silence A Novel by Indu Sundaresan

I recently finished this book, mostly taking place in India (but some Burma) during the British-Indian struggles towards independence. The rom..."

That sounds like a great book Pygmy.

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 7314 comments Mod
I totally agree with Michelle!

message 5: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I'm wondering if Olivia and Jai by Rebecca Ryman is also a IR historical romance. Does anyone know?

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I think that is WW/AM, Michelle. The hero is Indian, and the heroine is White British.

message 7: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (last edited May 24, 2013 02:55PM) (new)

Does anyone know if Dido's Prize by Eugenia O'Neal is IRR or not? I'll read it (one day) regardless, just curious. Thanks!

message 8: by Paganalexandria (last edited May 24, 2013 03:24PM) (new)

Paganalexandria  | 4060 comments Pygmy wrote: "The Splendor of Silence by Indu Sundaresan

I recently finished this book, mostly taking place in India (but some Burma) during the British-Indian struggles towards independence. The roman..."

Pygmy if you liked that book you should try Michael Korda's Queenie by Michael Korda . it explores class and race issues at the end of British rule in India. It's also one of the best books I've read the delved into "passing". It's not a romance but still on my favorite reads of all time list.

message 9: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

I have this one shelved as historical romance, and I just wanted to be sure we didn't overlook this one when thinking of IR historical romance options: The Lord and the Scorpion  by Shiree McCarver .

message 10: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy @Paganalexandria: Thanks!! I don't mind reading non-romance books, so I'll put this on my list to check out! Sorry for the delay in response, I didn't see a notification for whatever reason for this thread!

Paganalexandria  | 4060 comments Pygmy wrote: "@Paganalexandria: Thanks!! I don't mind reading non-romance books, so I'll put this on my list to check out! Sorry for the delay in response, I didn't see a notification for whatever reason for thi..."

Pygmy, Weirdly I just saw your response for the same reason. LOL There are tons of new topics I've noticed that didn't update on my page.

message 12: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I didn't see Harmony by Sienna Mynx listed. Roaring 20s/Prohibition era. Very good!

message 13: by Sarah (last edited May 31, 2015 11:35AM) (new)

Sarah G. (thesarahg) | 77 comments Danielle The Book Huntress (Self-Proclaimed Book Ninja) wrote: "I didn't see Harmony by Sienna Mynx listed. Roaring 20s/Prohibition era. Very good!"

I second that! Harmony was really enjoyable.

Some others that I've read are
Love Lasts Forever (Love Spectrum Romance) by Dominiqua Douglas
Which is an older Indigo Spectrum novel.

Colorblind (Moonlight) by Violette Dubrinsky
Which is a paranormal (werewolf) IR novel