Stephen King Fans discussion

The Talisman (Volume 1): The Road of Trials
This topic is about The Talisman (Volume 1)
Graphic Novels > The Talisman-graphic novel

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

message 2: by Alondra (new) - added it

Alondra Miller Angie wrote: "http://www.stephenking.com/promo/ipt/...

Anyone pick this up?"

My favorite book; i will definitely need to get this!

message 3: by Kit★ (new) - added it

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments It's on my wishlist, but haven't been able to get it yet. I was sad that they didn't finish it as the whole story though (at least I think I read that somewhere).

message 4: by Andrea (new) - added it

Andrea (serialreader13) my copy came in the mail yesterday. it's quite awesome if I may say so myself! i got the hardcover edition which even includes an interview with King and Straub about the graphic novel version.

Jennifer (andelana) I really liked it, too, but Kit is right - there're only the comics included in the hardcover collection (although they were released as individual comics, first) and no more. Apparently sales weren't as good as Del Rey were expecting, so they axed it.

message 6: by C. (new) - rated it 3 stars

C. (cdennismoore) | 10 comments I had high hopes for this one, it's my favorite of his novels, but I think trying to fit such a complex story into a set number of panels and pages and issues just hindered the flow of the story and it seemed huge chunks of plot development had to be glossed over. I still wish it had been published to the end, though.

message 7: by Angie, Constant Reader (new)

Angie | 2535 comments Mod
I also don't think the Talisman is a well known King story unless you are a true King fan. So that probably didn't help sales either.

message 8: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 244 comments I just started reading The Talisman tonight and so far it looks very promising.

message 9: by Kandice (new)

Kandice | 3915 comments I just saw Angie's post. Is that really true? Many people aren't aware of this novel? I've always loved it and have read it many times.

Hope you like it, Doreen.

message 10: by Deb (new)

Deb Storey (debstorey) | 14 comments I LOVE this book and have read it several times. I find it a bit of a must if one wants to get a clear over view of all the connections between the different worlds.

message 11: by Doreen (new)

Doreen Petersen | 244 comments Kandice wrote: "I just saw Angie's post. Is that really true? Many people aren't aware of this novel? I've always loved it and have read it many times.

Hope you like it, Doreen."

Oh Kandice I have to confess I am a Stephen King junkie. Loving this book so far. Like any other good book whether it is written King or someone else I find myself being drawn into. I just know it's going to be a good one.