Twilight (The Twilight Saga, #1) Twilight discussion

Do vampires shower?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

In the world of Twilight, we find that most of the vampire myths we know today to be untrue. So, according to Stephanie Meyer, as vampires are changed, they become naturally beautiful. Does this make their hair forever not greasy and their bodies eternally clean, or do they still need showers like us humans? I'm pretty sure this isn't mentioned in the book, so i was wondering what other people think. Do vampires (based on the Twilight series) shower?

message 2: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie haha. I've always wondered this and never had the nerve to ask. I'm assuming that since they don't need to use the bathroom because their bodies are frozen in time that they would not have sweat glands, etc. But, then again, apparently Edward had swimmers to make Bella preggers. hmm. I'm still going with 'no' because in one of the books, or in the illustrated guide we we learn why alice's hair is short because it was cut when she was in the psyc ward and it never grew once she changed. (I think)?

Laura I'm gonna say yes. They get dirty and bloody, and they need to at least rinse off, and I think all hair collects dirt and grease so they would need to wash.

message 4: by Mai (new) - rated it 5 stars

Mai Lewis Buwee I will say yes, since Edward and Bella were swimming.

AlbertaJenn I'm with Laura. Although they don't get sweaty or use the bathroom, there are environmental factors that cause them to get dirty. They can't all be clean eaters all the time.

Judy From a biological perspective NO, since are body without a circulating blood stream would not generate sweat, grease, body odour, etc.

From an activities-of-daily-living perspective, YES since blood sucking can be messy, and fighting other supernaturals can be dirty.

Valerie I'd say yes. Everyone gets dirty (not nessecarily sweaty) but you can't stay spotless. Eventually you'll have to shower to get rid of the dirt and maybe blood.

Aurora This is perhaps the most interesting topic on the entire Twilight page.

I think that yes, they do need to shower, because they would get dirt and crud and such on them. But I don't think that they need to shower because of their own crud, just crud generated outwards.

message 9: by QR (last edited Nov 08, 2011 06:57PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

QR Meyer actually addressed this in one of her interviews:

"Q: This is going to sound insanely curious but… do the vampires bathe? Given that you said the hunting is messy (no clean puncture wounds), I’m assuming that they get dirty… or at least bloody. So do they take showers? Do they comb their hair? Brush their teeth?

A: Vampires do shower, but they don’t get dirty the same way we do. Outside dirt, yes–blood and mud and whatnot (though most vampires don’t get a spot on themselves when they eat–its all a matter of practice), but not sweat or body oils. They would never have B.O., ha ha. One girl asked me why Alice had a bathroom and if vampires have to pee. No, they don’t (they use all the blood, creating no waste), but they do shower. (And of course they have to have bathrooms–houses are just built that way, and when they want to move, it would look a little weird on the real estate listing: eight bedrooms, no baths.)

They do wash the dust and rain out of their hair, too. And Rosalie particularly spends a lot of time doing hers. (Hair is dead cells–the vampire transformation doesn’t affect it. If you’ve got split ends, sorry! Not getting better. Ha ha)."

message 10: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV Wow, you guys really take your paranormal fiction books seriously, huh?

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Guys... "Bella and Edward went swimming" doesn't mean they shower. Showering and swimming are different things.

Shanna I've always vaguely wondered if their hair wore out I guess if it is not affected by the transformation then it must, why aren't they all bald. You'd think the repeated friction of everyday exposure would cause it to wear down.

message 13: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV I wonder if they apply moisturizers or lip balm and if they ever get haircuts or shop for new underwear. Hey, do you guys think vampires ever fart? Do you think they fart rainbows since their skin sparkles? I wonder if vampires ever skip rocks on lakes. Do you guys think vampires ever make funny faces in the mirror because Stephanie Meyer never explains if they do.

Shanna no, yes, no, yes, maybe, possibly, yeah why not?, perhaps ;-P

message 15: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV XD

Aurora Shanna wrote: "I've always vaguely wondered if their hair wore out I guess if it is not affected by the transformation then it must, why aren't they all bald. You'd think the repeated friction of everyday exposur..."

Maybe it becomes super strong, like their skin.

Shanna Hi Aurora
but if it's unaffected by the change how does it, see Nazzy's quote in message 9. Nazzy is there a link to that interveiw?

message 18: by Hannah (last edited Nov 23, 2011 09:49PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Hannah they do Since Stephanie Meyer in her interview even did say so and yeah there hair and skin would get dirty, from all the hunting and bascially doing what they would usally do

Shanna Nazzy wrote: "http://www.twilightlexicon.com/?p=35"

Thanks Nazzy

message 21: by Tay (new) - rated it 3 stars

Tay yo everyone just cause they swim doesnt neccesarliy mean they shower. i dont think the shower anywway but the could if the want to i guess

message 22: by Gerd (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gerd I wonder, how does taking a shower go along with the "Can't cross moving water" rule for Vampires?

Shanna Gerd wrote: "I wonder, how does taking a shower go along with the "Can't cross moving water" rule for Vampires?"

Don't think that rule applies to SM's Vamps

message 24: by Alex (new) - rated it 5 stars

Alex ahlert first of all no because they stay beautiful if you notice they dont need to shower only if mud on them but there bodys do not change or grow older so they dont have grease in hair or pimples

Karli Mai wrote: "I will say yes, since Edward and Bella were swimming."

They were swimming not bathing!

Karli Ali wrote: "yo everyone just cause they swim doesnt neccesarliy mean they shower. i dont think the shower anywway but the could if the want to i guess"

I agree! Everyone is like "Yes because they swim!" DO YOU USE SOAP AND SHAMPOO EVERY TIME YOU SWIM?!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

pffft. NO.
there all pansy and "alluring'
SHOOT ME NOW!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

imagine, a smelly Eddy.
wouldn't like him that much then, would u?!!!
MWHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHHAHA!
>.<

Jennifer Dupriest I hope they do... (they probably have to every once in a while--like when they get dirty from the mud or something)

புழுதி They don't and they stink like shit.So the next time a vampire approaches you, stab the bastard in the heart with a stake of holly and call 911.Better take a pic of yourself with dead corpse.That's one for the good times.

April I'd say 'yes' considering we've seen Damon in the bath tub or getting out of the shower numerous times.

Karli Vampires do shower but they don't need to unless they get dirty! They do not produce "B O" but they shower anyway!

message 33: by [deleted user] (new)

They must cause otherwise they'd have blood and crap all ova them.

Smriti no matter they shower or not....they do smell good (as Bella used to say).....;)

Kirby well, I may be getting a little too graphic here, but...if their vampire sex is supposed to work the same as human sex, seems like they'd have to wash...

aPriL does feral sometimes The author says shower. I wonder if that also includes defoliating the dead skin. ; p

message 37: by Will (new) - rated it 1 star

Will IV I was trying to be the Let'sTakeItDownANotch guy, but I may have inadvertently become the StopHavingFunGuy in the process.

Grace I think that vampires still need to shower... Who would want to have sweat or dirt on themselves forever?!

message 39: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin I was wondering if they showered or went to the restroom and stuff like that too!

Chelsea haha i think they do need showers cause i mean your not gonna be eternaly smelly

Lauryn i think that they should if they dont..... nobody wants to be bitten by someone who smells!!!! ;)

Clare Keogh My original thought would be no, but with all the bear chasing, bloodsucking and fighting they do. YES! I mean if Edward didn't shower after a hundred years of that he would be hideous. Just because they are vampires doesn't mean they can make themselves clean all the time.

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

yea. But... think of the stress of being edward, having to take a shower and doing your hair after that!! GOD THE AGONY!!
Plus, don't he and Bella shower or somthin...togeather?

message 44: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin But vampires dont sweat or maybe put off smells, but they do smell bad to werewolves.

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

*sigh* poor poor Jacob...

message 46: by Erin (new) - rated it 3 stars

Erin Georgia wrote: "*sigh* poor poor Jacob..."

hahaha!

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

the sckly sweet smell that comes from Edwaard must be his man-perfume

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

Sam wrote: "In the world of Twilight, we find that most of the vampire myths we know today to be untrue. So, according to Stephanie Meyer, as vampires are changed, they become naturally beautiful. Does this ma..."

lolz. Funny thought. Count Draculor singing in the shower...

Olivia they only need to shower if they get covered in mud or something

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

probly. i mean they most likely dont have to SCRUB good, but i agree with some of the other peeps, they prbly get bloody, muddy or the other natural .....
grosses???
idk.. drawing a blank
so i guess
yeah???

« previous 1