Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

TV/Movies/Music > OVER 30 YRS readers time to confess ,Breaking Dawn movie

Comments Showing 1-50 of 122 (122 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Dee (new)

Dee (canopydesigner) | 72 comments We all know that the younger fans are going to see Breaking Dawn. How many of you older PNR fans will be going to see Breaking Dawn at the theatres? Have you been to the past Twilight movies? As much as I don't read YA anymore I must confess that my daughter (she's 35)and I have a standing date to go opening weekend to see Twilight movies, but I drew the line at the midnight premiere crowd, not going there.

Alana ~ The Book Pimp (loonyalana) | 538 comments *Alana starts jumping up and down* Me, Me! I plan on seeing it, but not the first night or anything. In fact I have movie vouchers that can only be used on a movie that has been out for at least 10 days... so I'll wait for a little and then probably take my son with me. He's been watching the Twilight movies (although he's just a "tween")

message 3: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (Kaffy2771) i will be going Thursday night, and watching #1, #2, #3 and at midnight #4. Yeah, the theater I go to is showing all of them up to Midnight. My butt will be sore, and I'll be tired for work the next morning, but it's only going to be a 1/2 day as we have meetings that friday. lol

message 4: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 36 comments I've been a huge fan of the Twilight books and movies! I definitely plan to see the movie, I'm not camping out or fighting the midnight showings but I'm watching it. My sister and I usually like to try and see them together.

message 5: by Jmckee69 (new)

Jmckee69 (jmckeebookworm) | 29 comments we (my friends and i) will be having a upcoming (11/12/11)afternoon twilight fest and then we go to the opening midnight showing. Its tradition. We love it.

message 6: by Deanne (new)

Deanne | 209 comments I will see it but it will be awhile when the crowd dies down. I did enjoy the books and I made the mistake of watching the first movie, and I am one of those people who has to follow through and watch them all. That being said I hated the firbst movie but I do think they have improved with each one, but the books are much, much better.
I have learned a lesson if I love the books I will not watch the movie. I love Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead and the movie rights have been sold but I can not see the movie I think watching it will ruin the books for me.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (shannybananny71) | 134 comments My girlfriends and I (all over 30) will be seeing it on Thursday the 17th. Thanks to a fundraiser, we get to see it a few hours before the midnight showings start. We did the same thing with New Moon and Eclipse. Can't wait!

message 8: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 36 comments I wish that my theater was going to show all three leading up to Breaking Dawn, so I'll have to settle with watching the DVDs before I settle in for Breaking Dawn.

message 9: by Christina (new)

Christina (darkndirtybooks) | 14 comments Oh yeah, I will be going to see it. My friends and I have a movie night planned for the Sunday after the release. I have seen all the films within a few days of their release. I even took my 2 month old baby to a Stars & Strollers presentation of Eclipse. ;)

message 10: by Dee (last edited Nov 08, 2011 02:30PM) (new)

Dee (canopydesigner) | 72 comments Jmckee69 wrote: "we (my friends and i) will be having a upcoming (11/12/11)afternoon twilight fest and then we go to the opening midnight showing. Its tradition. We love it."

When you said ,"it's tradition" I couldn't help but see Drew Barrymore and the servants in "Ever After" waving at her father when he leaves .. sniff , sniff.

message 11: by Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (last edited Nov 08, 2011 02:32PM) (new)

Terri ♥ (aka Mrs. Christian Grey) (mybookboyfriend) | 241 comments Hey what's up with the age thing? Think young, I'm going to see it. It was my least favorite book of the series, but I need to see this though. Can't wait. Trailer looks awesome.

message 12: by A_Vishous_Fan (new)

A_Vishous_Fan | 2 comments I'm going to see it with my niece if not, then alone.
We always go seeit together. I always tell her that I'm not going, but I always look forward to seeing them.(don't tell her I said that I'll deny it LOL.)

message 13: by Karla (new)

Karla BookAddict2 (karlabookaddict) | 27 comments I got my premier tickets and mi bff and i are going both 30 lol!!! a tradition

message 14: by Dee (last edited Nov 08, 2011 02:54PM) (new)

Dee (canopydesigner) | 72 comments Terri wrote: "Hey what's up with the age thing? Think young, I'm going to see it. It was my least favorite book of the series, but I need to see this though. Can't wait. Trailer looks awesome."

I do think young, I am almost 60. I think my point was how many of the PNR fans who aren't YA would admit to still loving Twilight, even after moving up the BDB or Bones and Cat.( It's kinda like admitting you still enjoy riding your Scwhinn bicycle occasionally rather than your Harley, LOL)

message 15: by Katie (new)

Katie | 157 comments I'm all booked in to see it on the friday. Can't wait!!

message 16: by Pati (new)

Pati (patimay) Dee wrote: "We all know that the younger fans are going to see Breaking Dawn. How many of you older PNR fans will be going to see Breaking Dawn at the theatres? Have you been to the past Twilight movies? As mu..."

I'll be going with my 18 year old daughter, though sadly not to the midnight release..... we'll be out of town that night at a concert on the other coast and won't be home til dawn on Saturday. But we'll go Sunday. We've both read all the books and have gone to all the movies. Though I admit we were disappointed in how they had the newborns shatter in Eclipse and we're concerned at how much they'll change with Breaking Dawn. Oh, and FYI, I also buy them all on DVD as soon as they're released.

message 17: by Pati (new)

Pati (patimay) Bridget wrote: I'm not camping out or fighting the midnight showings but I'm watching it. My sister and I usually like to..."

Our local theater does the midnight showing in a really cool way..... there is a line just for that movie and they let you into the theater very early and actually bring the concession stand items into the theater to sell. :-) It's actually easier than going to a normal showing.

message 18: by Katie (new)

Katie | 157 comments I buy them all too. But i'm not obsessive, swear lol

message 19: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 36 comments Wow Pati!

You're lucky. I wish mine did that it would definitely make seeing the midnight showing a blast.

message 20: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) I would be if I had a babysitter!

message 21: by Bridget (last edited Nov 08, 2011 03:36PM) (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 36 comments Katie wrote: "I buy them all too. But i'm not obsessive, swear lol"

I'm not obsessed either, or does reading all the books a dozen times make you obsessed?

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments I'm a grandmother and I am driving (alone) over two hours to go to see it at midnight with a group of TwilightMoms at one of those theaters where you have dinner too. Staying all night at a friend's and going to see it again at ten the next morning. Then driving back home. I love the books more than the movies (read the first three in 2007) but at this point Twilight is an "event".

message 23: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 36 comments Sounds like fun Terry! I love the books and love the movies, although always the books are better. The movies are entertaining and I just never miss one. It is definitely an "event."

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 407 comments Love this thread. Me and bestie of many years are going into the city on the opening weekend and seeing it at the Gold Class cinemas and staying overnight and also doing some Christmas shopping. Leaving behind 2 husbands, six kids, one fiancee and assorted animals for a girls weekend!

message 25: by Dee (new)

Dee (canopydesigner) | 72 comments Ding ding ding, I believe we have a winner here.Terry you hands down win for the most effort. LOL The only time I have ever done something like that with other ladies my age and party was when I joined the "Soul Patrol" and flew to Vegas to meet my fellow soul sisters to see a singer named Taylor Hicks in concert ( he won American Idol... aka the silver haired guy that won instead of the bald headed rocker guy))My family thought I had lost my mind and was going to be met by serial killers posing as old ladies on the internet, but we had a great time. It is so nice to do something like that and travel to meet up with new crazy friends!!The concert was incredible.
Super cuddos goes to Tero5twimoms !!!

Terry (Ter05 TwiMoms/ MundieMoms) (ter05) | 608 comments LOL Thanks, Dee. I went to TwiCon in 2009 too - but did that with a friend. The only time I have ever done anything like that and it was great. My whole family are big Twilight fans too so at least they don't think I am totally crazy.

message 27: by Katie (new)

Katie | 157 comments Bridget wrote: "Katie wrote: "I buy them all too. But i'm not obsessive, swear lol"

I'm not obsessed either, or does reading all the books a dozen times make you obsessed?"

Nah def doesn't, cause I've done that too.

message 28: by Mai (new)

Mai Lewis Buwee (millyb) | 30 comments I have seen the previous twilight movies and will be viewing Breaking Dawn. I really loved Stephenie Meyer style of writing. She took me back to when I was very young and innocent the first time I read twilight. The others books had right there with Bella grown along with the other characters.

message 29: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn Yup, I'll be seeing it! Just got the soundtrack, so I am prepping for it as we speak!

message 30: by Ashley (new)

Ashley  (ashleycw) My girlfriends and I go in our "Team Mike Newton" shirts with 'blood' alcoholic drinks. And laugh at how terrible the movies are, and the differences between the books and the movies... loudly.

But we usually pick a matinee a couple of weeks after it opens so we don't piss off too many people.

message 31: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
I'll be going with daughter and whoever else wants to go. We'll be doing a "girl's day out" altho it won't be the midnight show--and will probably be out a day or three before we go. Neither of us are up to battling the crowds right now (she's still on crutches from a badly sprained ankle with torn ligaments. Oh, did I mention that when she did that, she also sprained her wrist and torn her shoulder and knee up? Really badly messed herself up.)

message 32: by Katie (last edited Nov 08, 2011 08:03PM) (new)

Katie (skateanddonate) I'll pick up the dvd to watch when the second part is released. I don't like books that are broken into two parts for a single book. So I always wait until I can see both parts. I mean "hello?!" not any plot in the first part of the book.

It's my favorite book of the series. We use to go the midnight releases, but the fangirls started whining to much in regards to my "then Buffy staked Edward. The End." t-shirt.

message 33: by Kathy (new)

Kathy (Kaffy2771) Terri wrote: "Hey what's up with the age thing? Think young, I'm going to see it. It was my least favorite book of the series, but I need to see this though. Can't wait. Trailer looks awesome."

It was also my least favorite book of the series, but i agree, the trailer looks great.

message 34: by Sheri (new)

Sheri | 0 comments I'm taking my 16-year-old daughter and her friend. It's kind of a tradition with us now. We've gone to see all of the movies together, starting with Twilight. I'm not as excited to see Breaking Dawn, though. I thought the books were so much better than the movies.

message 35: by Teeny (new)

Teeny (teenycarter) | 20 comments i love the books but the films are hilarious in my opinion but i take my niece to see it every year for a laugh and got midnight tickets for this year and will be seeing the marathon next year when the final comes out.

message 36: by ~Jennifer~ (new)

~Jennifer~ (book_addiction) Just realized my parents are coming to visit that day! Totally gonna get them to babysit so I can go! I'm excited now. Yay. ☺

message 37: by Bridget (new)

Bridget Bowers (bridgetbowers) | 36 comments Katie,

So glad to know I'm not the only one!

message 38: by ஐAndreaஐ (new)

ஐAndreaஐ (rosesrrblue) | 707 comments I'm going to go see it on 11/17/11!!! It's my birthday and I got the hook-up :)

message 39: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (sharearead) | 192 comments Yup going with my sister-in-law to the midnight showing ;-)

message 40: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarealist) | 55 comments I am 27, hope it's okay that I post...
Although I think the books aren't well written, the appeal to me is that it takes me back to when I was a teenager, and what I wouldn't do to have had an Edward then! I read them all and I go see(alone)and buy the movies. I get made fun of relentlessly by everyone I know, but don't care! It's fantasy-ish for a reason and every teenage girl has this type to some extent :)

message 41: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarealist) | 55 comments Katie wrote: "I'll pick up the dvd to watch when the second part is released. I don't like books that are broken into two parts for a single book. So I always wait until I can see both parts. I mean "hello?!" no..."

HAHAHA I have one of those shirts too and I actually did wear mine last year to see Eclipse!

message 42: by Margie (new)

Margie (mwjacobs) | 2 comments Twilight was the first paranormal romance I read, so I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for it. I'm definitely going to see it.

message 43: by Rayna (new)

Rayna Me and few girlfriends all skip work fake Dr.s appointments in the afternoon to avoid all the tweens! Yes we are all over 30 and in love with the series.....we even sometimes get the hubbies on board too! What our bosses dont know wont kill us! So i have 2 physicals a year...its not goinng to kill me...chuckle!

message 44: by Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (last edited Nov 09, 2011 10:44AM) (new)

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Not me! I really don't think the movies have been all that great. They are getting better but still, they are lacking.
I will watch it when it comes out to rent on DVD but I won't be seeing it in theaters or buying it.

I did really enjoy the books though, they are what got me into PNR so I can't fault them for that at all! I have found so many new authors and books since then so I really own that to the series at least.

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 461 comments Definitely going to see it!

ஐ Briansgirl (Book Queen)ஐ (briansgirlkate) I read the books, but have absolutely NO desire to see any of the Twilight movies. And although I'm a Harry Potter fan and dearly LOVE the books, I did watch some of the movies. In fact, I saw the first 2 movies before I read the books. However, the movies have gotten so horrid that I havn't seen either part of the last movie for book 7. And I quit buying (used) copies of the HP movies (havn't bought book 6 yet). I am however, off PBS, slowly aquiring the british published books of the HP series, without editing for an american audience. I most definetly prefer the books!

message 47: by Dee (new)

Dee (canopydesigner) | 72 comments One thing I REALLY hope is that Summitt hired a professional acting coach for the wolf pack. Seriously, other than Taylor, the wolf pack needed serious help with acting because you could tell they had very little acting experience. The wolf pack has a large role in Breaking Dawn.

message 48: by Duchess Nicole (new)

Duchess Nicole | 138 comments I probably won't go for the midnight showing, cuz jeez, that's a late night. But I'm all about going the next day! I've heard that this one is much better than the others. The first movie was so poorly done, but like many of you, Twilight was what got me into reading pnr. So I feel sort of loyal to the whole bit.

message 49: by Crazy4more (new)

Crazy4more (lan-ni) | 2894 comments ஐAndreaஐ wrote: "I'm going to go see it on 11/17/11!!! It's my birthday and I got the hook-up :)"

Happy birthday, it's the same as my son's. I'll be there for the midnight show with my kids and cousin with her kids too.

message 50: by Candy (new)

Candy Pacheco (redaii) | 10 comments LUCKY!!!!! Im probably just gonna have to wait till i can watch it on tv (Showtime) or DVD. No time soon though.

« previous 1 3