The Romance Reviews discussion

Un-active threads > Suggestions for AUGUST 2012

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Theme: New Year

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments I don't know how many people actually do it but sometimes firwroks are shot off to celebrate the new year.

Maybe we could do like a cover me part of the challenge where the book cover has firworks on it, or maybe even champaign glasses are on the cover since drinking wine or champaign is another way people celebrate the new year!

message 3: by Ashia (new)

Ashia (ashia123) | 32 comments Gabrielle, what a great day! We do have fireworks in my part of the world the night before the New Year.

How about books that talk of or has something about new year's resolutions? Or a book that has a grandparent and a baby? (representing the old year and the new year)

Gabrielle Blaque/~Bhlack Benehvolence~ (werewolfgrl1) | 226 comments Ashia wrote: "Gabrielle, what a great day! We do have fireworks in my part of the world the night before the New Year.

How about books that talk of or has something about new year's resolutions? Or a book tha..."

Cool! You're lucky, I mean people shoot off fireworks but it's mostly around our neigborhood and we usually hear them more then we actually see them, my family likes to throw together a bunch of snacks and dips on New Years eve!

My mom makes this really good dip using cream cheese and chili sauce we always have fun on New Years!

Those are some good ideas Ashia, maybe we could also focus on family oriented books since some people spend a lot of time with family on New Years.

message 5: by Unapologetic_Bookaholic (last edited Dec 07, 2011 02:16PM) (new)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic OH hey sure good idea!

AUTHOR The LAST starts with J.

SAY IT The title contains the word(s) new, year or happy

CHARACTER
AThe character is celebrating an occasion (birthday, new years, getting a new job etc)
- Family with baby and grandparent mentioned representing old year, new year.

THEME Read a NEW book/released in Jan 2012

COVER ME Find a book with fireworks, champagne bottle or glasses on the cover.

FIND IT BONUS(covers)
New York skyline, 2012, balloons, confetti, a couple kissing

SUPER BONUS(titles, characters, author names)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic April".............

message 7: by Bronwyn (last edited Jun 01, 2012 03:22PM) (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments How come the new year theme relates to June. Winter books with snow, winter and anything cold or snowing in the title or on cover.

This week we have a rock and roll festival on the Gold Coast which is celebrated each June.

It's alway a fun challenge to find the letter of the month in the title or with the author - I always think that is a good idea.

message 8: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 350 comments Mod
Bronwyn, this was started last fall, so I think Miss Kenjii just changes the date when it's time to add new stuff.

I like the 5 main themes too!

message 9: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments MK(iSpank, bad girls who tempt me) wrote: "OH hey sure good idea!

AUTHOR The LAST starts with J.

SAY IT The title contains the word(s) new, year or happy

CHARACTER
AThe character is celebrating an occasion (birthday, new years, getting ..."

Super Bonus - titles, characters, author names - what letters it it JUNE?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Bronwyn wrote: "How come the new year theme relates to June. Winter books with snow, winter and anything cold or snowing in the title or on cover.

This week we have a rock and roll festival on the Gold Coast whi..."

I was copying the five themes. It the descriptions sorry for the confusion :)

Unapologetic_Bookaholic JULY
Cover me
Author- last name starts with J
Say it
Theme
Character

message 12: by Bronwyn (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Are we ready to go with the July challenge yet?

Unapologetic_Bookaholic Bronwyn wrote: "Are we ready to go with the July challenge yet?"

Just posted it....but from now now I can't say if or when they will be up, only that I will try to post them each month.

message 14: by Bronwyn (last edited Aug 01, 2012 01:40AM) (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Some ideas from me - A vampire/warewolf or other fantasy type story, historical romance or something around one of our wars

message 15: by Bronwyn (last edited Aug 08, 2012 02:19PM) (new)

Bronwyn Rykiert | 140 comments Are we having an August Challenge at all, or taking a break?

message 16: by Sassafrass, aka Rho, reader of erotica (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 350 comments Mod
It's up to you guys. I could post a quick one if you like.----