Authors Lounge discussion

Discussions > Friends/fans list

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz In my opinion, the downside of the friends list is that when friends write reviews they are listed as such. I think potential readers pay more attention to "Community" reviews.

Fans are nice, but mine tend not to write reviews. I think they are as much interested in my book reviews as in my books.

message 2: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan (jonathan_maberry) | 4 comments Friends on GoodRead often become readers. I hear from fans quite often that they found me on GoodReads.

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz Jonathan wrote: "Friends on GoodRead often become readers. I hear from fans quite often that they found me on GoodReads."

Good point. I, too, know that readers have found me through GR.

message 4: by David (new)

David Santos (authordas) well Anyone can add somemone as a friend, but they must either know the author or his writings to become a fan, so when i see an author with a high fan base it leaves an impression on me.

message 5: by Lee (new)

Lee Holz David wrote: "well Anyone can add somemone as a friend, but they must either know the author or his writings to become a fan, so when i see an author with a high fan base it leaves an impression on me."

Good point. What do you consider a high fan base. Is 21 any good?

message 6: by David (new)

David Santos (authordas) Lee wrote: "David wrote: "well Anyone can add somemone as a friend, but they must either know the author or his writings to become a fan, so when i see an author with a high fan base it leaves an impression on..."

any number that's higher than mine is impressive haha