Terminalcoffee discussion

Sharing Time: > Stupid of the Day

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jammies (new)

Jammies Stupid person: "I can pack in 15 minutes for Hawaii. Throw a bathing suit, 2 sundresses, makeup, toothbrush and wallet in a carryon."

Me: "Sunscreen!"

Sp: "I tan, I never burn"

Me: "You can still get skin cancer."

Sp: "I don't put chemicals on my body."

Me: *shuts up and thinks "You'll be putting chemicals IN your body if you get cancer."*

message 2: by Suefly (new)

Suefly | 620 comments Ha!

message 3: by Phil (new)

Phil | 11604 comments Don't pack sunscreen for Hawaii. It's plentiful and inexpensive when you get there.

message 4: by Jammies (new)

Jammies She won't buy it there either, Phil. No chemicals on her body.

message 5: by Jim (new)

Jim | 6485 comments Dutch wrote: " -- this is a robot planet."

That does not compute.

message 6: by RandomAnthony (new)

RandomAnthony | 14536 comments I read somewhere, I think, that our bodies decompose slower than in the past because of artificial ingredients we ingest, etc. Is that true?

message 7: by Barb (new)

Barb I heard the same thing, RA. I'm not sure if it's urban legend, or the real deal.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary (merrussell) I still use sun block after two bouts with basal cell skin cancer. Not fun!
But my dermatologist commented that we really don't know why skin cancer rates are up. Lots of theories-she even said the chemicals in sunscreen may be causing it!

message 9: by Stina (new)

Stina (stinalee) | 750 comments I don't wear sunscreen... ever.
I could also pack for Hawaii in 15 minutes.

message 10: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24071 comments Mod
RandomAnthony wrote: "I read somewhere, I think, that our bodies decompose slower than in the past because of artificial ingredients we ingest, etc. Is that true?"

Not really. Not in the sense that some microscopic thing you ingest will cause you to decompose slower. But some bodies are full of artificial things like silicone or saline breast implants, metal or plastic joints or rods, pacemakers, etc. I have read that breast implants are supposed to be removed before a body is cremated, otherwise they will probably explode and make a mess. Pacemakers also should not go into the crematorium. I don't know what they do about artificial joints.

message 11: by ~Geektastic~ (new)

~Geektastic~ (atroskity) | 3207 comments I wear sunscreen every single day, rain or shine. I am genetically incapable of tanning and 5 minutes of direct sunshine makes me freckle up like Lindsay Lohan.

message 12: by Lobstergirl, el principe (new)

Lobstergirl | 24071 comments Mod
I burn, I freckle, I tan. I do it all. (Not anymore, I'm careful about being in the sun now.)