Under the Dome
This topic is about Under the Dome
Movies & TV shows > Under the Dome-TV series

Comments Showing 1-50 of 444 (444 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

message 1: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Angie | 2535 comments Mod
Looks like Under the Dome has a writer:

http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/11/7/...

message 2: by Megan (new) - added it

Megan  (trixiekitten) | 25 comments This looks awesome!

Char It bums me out that this will be on Showtime, because I switched last April from Show to HBO to watch the Game of Thrones. : (

Dustin Thank you, Angie!

David jones | 166 comments I am soo watching this. Its gonnna be awesome. Because its directed by Stephen King and Stephen Speilberg or something and both them people are awesome

message 6: by Sable (last edited Nov 10, 2011 02:05PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sable (sablexx) | 4 comments Yes! I loved this book! Can't wait for it to show.

message 7: by israelv (new) - added it

israelv | 12 comments This will be great! Stephen King, Steven Spielberg plus you can add acclaimed comic book writer Brian K. Vaughan to the list.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/11/brian...

message 8: by JW (new) - rated it 3 stars

JW | 16 comments My guess is this will work for a number of reasons. Mostly though is that nothing really, "supernatural" happens until the end. The story is really nothing more than one, big small town drama. With that said, it's still a really good story, looking forward to the show.

Kevin (naughtonkp) Anyone have any idea what this puts the timeline at? Seems like attaching a writer is still pretty early in the process. Is this anything that will happen in the foreseeable future or is it still too far out to know much more?

message 10: by Breanna (last edited Dec 05, 2011 01:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Breanna (LilyoftheThorns) | 13 comments Aww I don't get Showtime :( As soon as I read Under The Dome I wanted it to be made into a movie, but I was also worried about the idea because people always seem to ruin the story. But there are a lot of big, promising names attached to this, Dreamworks included, so hopefully it'll turn out well. Would LOVE to see who they get to play all the characters! Who could be bad enough to play Junior....

message 11: by Joey (new) - rated it 5 stars

Joey | 9 comments As I read this book, I felt that it was made to be a tv miniseries. The visuals are amazing in my mind as I read it, and I can only picture how good a story it will be if it done well. My only fear is that it will suck as bad as some TV/MOVIE adaptations of some of King's other works (ie. Needful Things, The Deadzone, The Shinning TV miniseries with that guy from Wings)

Gatorman | 561 comments Funny, I enjoyed all three of the adaptations you mention as sucking.

Leslie | 16 comments Gatorman wrote: "Funny, I enjoyed all three of the adaptations you mention as sucking."

Me too!

Marc-Antoine | 312 comments Kevin wrote: "Anyone have any idea what this puts the timeline at? Seems like attaching a writer is still pretty early in the process. Is this anything that will happen in the foreseeable future or is it still ..."

I would love to see Scott Caan as Junior.

Diane (LadyDi4476) | 72 comments omg, I had no idea it was going to be a tv series! Yay! I really loved this book.

I thought The Shining miniseries wasn't so bad. Was it as entertaining as Kolbrick's vesion? Maybe not, but it was a very good version of the original novel. I just hope this doesn't suffer from the cheese factor like Bag of Bones did.

Pickle | 36 comments Who would you want to play the Rennie's?

I thought UtD was very good and particular the Rennie's who were believable bad guys.

message 17: by Veronica (new) - added it

Veronica (veraj121) | 300 comments I rather this book as a movie instead of a TV series. It seems all of Stephen King series are a little corny almost cheesy. Whereas his movies are good. Unless, a cable network such as HBO take on the UTD, I may be hesitant in watching it.

message 18: by Tom (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tom Houlihan (hooligan) | 3 comments I think it'll be good as a TV series as long as it's on cable and has a decent budget. And since it looks like Showtime, i'm all in for this. the good thing is there is very little need for any significant special effects and it's mostly a drama on the small town/human level, so i think it'll fit neatly into the confines of television. can't wait!

Miriam | 8 comments Does anyone know when the TV show will start??

Amanda Young (amyoung0606) | 4 comments I really hope this goes well! As everyone said it could go really bad really quickly. I just hope it doesn't turn into a weird Desperate Housewives/Dexter crossover because I feel like that's how it's going to go as a drama. But Spielberg and King together could be very interesting!

Ashley (ashnphx) | 22 comments Thanks for dropping this awesome news on Goodreads. I loved this book and can't wait to see what they do with it. Being that it will be a series and not a miniseries means they can take their time and really tell the story from start to end. YEAH!!! Excited.

Becky | 23 comments This will be fantastic. I think 11/22/63 would be a great miniseries too.

Christopher Owen | 104 comments Becky wrote: "This will be fantastic. I think 11/22/63 would be a great miniseries too."

I bet I'm in the minority here but Idk about this one as a mini-series adaptation. I'm not sure why I feel this way...i guess it's bc it's very character driven. Personally, that kind of stuff works great in books but I need a bit more for film or television. But with that said, I could certainly be wrong if they tightened it up to only 3 or 4 hours. I can't envision a game of thrones type adaption for 11/22/63. For under the dome I could though

message 24: by Joan (new) - added it

Joan Napolitano | 4 comments Charlene wrote: "It bums me out that this will be on Showtime, because I switched last April from Show to HBO to watch the Game of Thrones. : ("

i switch back and forth all the time. sometimes you can even talk them into giving you a special 3 month discount

message 25: by Bob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Bob | 26 comments It's things like this that make me wish I had cable. :)

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Holy smokes. This is great news. This alone makes joining this group worth it. I wonder what other nuggets I can find in the threads here!

message 27: by k (new) - rated it 5 stars

k dibble (kurtsij) | 4 comments If it's backed by the Stephens I don't see how it could fail. Book was A M A Z I N G!!!

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

Huffingtion post reports

"CBS is bringing "Under the Dome" to TV. Based on Stephen King's book of the same name, CBS has given a straight-to-series 13-episode order to "Under the Dome" with Steven Spielberg attached as executive producer.

"Under the Dome," which is set to air during the summer of 2013, will follow a New England town that finds itself suddenly -- and without explanation -- sealed off from the rest of the world by a transparent dome. The town's residents wind up living in post-apocalyptic conditions while they search for answers about the dome."

With no casting being reported at the moment.

Parvez (Pman) | 2 comments The book is just perfect for a good TV Series. Hopefully they won't disappoint me :)

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/11/29...

message 30: by Joanne (new)

Joanne | 5 comments I hope they don't mess it up. They don't do that very well

message 31: by Igor (new) - added it

Igor | 20 comments Great news!

message 32: by Gary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gary Martin (gmmartinbooks) | 87 comments Good. I'm glad this is going to be done in a series.
One episode, or movie, would not be able to encompass
all the small, but intricate details that are needed to
make this a great story.

message 33: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee (leeshirk) I am highly disappointed that CBS is doing it. I was hoping more for HBO, SHO, or even AMC. I feel some of it will be left out or not portrayed correctly because it is network tv. Hopefully I am wrong and CBS will do a good job with it.

message 34: by Grant (new)

Grant Spendlove | 93 comments 1) I'm glad it's going to CBS, because our cable system doesn't offer Showtime.

2) I share your concerns for the limitations and S&P problems of network TV. But these days, almost anything goes; network TV is changing. And I have no problem with them leaving out the real gooshy parts, because that's not what made Under the Dome such a delight to read anyway. It's all about the people, and about this idea: if you live in a small town (like I do), how would you act if, suddenly, you were cut off from the "outside world" that some claim to despise but really can't live without? Ever since reading that book, I've had occasion to look at my neighbors on my trips to the P.O. and the small general store in town -- and wonder.

Anyone else on this board live in a small town? If so, how active are you in the community? How well do you really know your neighbors? Do you (and can you) trust everyone in town? Are there any Strangers hiding in those small-town homes? Any Leaders? Any Monsters? How long will the food in your pantry hold out? How long till your small-town government institutes a "share-and-share-alike" program? How long till some of your neighbors decide that they deserve what you have more than you do? How will people react to the fact that outside authorities have no power in your town anymore? And, finally, who will step up and seize power?

If the TV show explores these themes, it ought to do well.

message 35: by Diane (last edited Dec 09, 2012 08:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Diane (LadyDi4476) | 72 comments I'm happy with the CBS news. I don't have most cable channels either. I have faith on it's success with Steven Spielberg behind it. I cannot wait! I have to re-read the book first though.

Siduri Moonshine (goodreadscomsidurimoonshine) | 3 comments Looking forward to CBS doing this project as well mainly for the reasons expressed. I read, "Under the Dome" three times because there are so many facets and dynamics to the story.

@Grant: I have always lived outside the perimeters of a small town deep in the woods. In the past I have been very active in the local community, however, with retirement and a long distance move I have chosen to be a bit of a hermit here in the northwoods of Maine. There is a small town called Chester not far from where we live which brings new meaning and relevance to the story for me. You raise some very thought provoking questions. I actually had similar questions after reading, "The Stand" decades ago. Come to think of it, survival is a theme that runs through many of King's books. What are your thoughts? Anyone?

I hope the producers are able to preserve the story the way King wrote it and not veer too far. So many excellent books are distorted when made into movies and as a result loose their thrill. Just my humble horrific opinion.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments I live in a small town, and yea, it does make me think. I'm not at all active in the community. I know the lady at the post office, and the girls at the convenience store, and that's about it. I don't know our neighbors names let alone their personalities, and judging by criminal news on the front page of our local paper every day, there's plenty of monsters around here. Scary! :)

message 38: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Grant wrote: "1) I'm glad it's going to CBS, because our cable system doesn't offer Showtime.

2) I share your concerns for the limitations and S&P problems of network TV. But these days, almost anything goes; n..."

Good questions.. I have always wondered about living in a small town. Always sounds neat to me.

message 39: by Gary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gary Martin (gmmartinbooks) | 87 comments The story of a town cut off from the rest of the world is not a new concept. What makes King's story different are the characters and the dramas that unfold. It is more than just a story of people trying to break free of their captivity. To me the story is
like an updated, science fiction/horror, version of LORD OF THE FLIES. It will be interesting to see how the series compares to the book.

Carlos (encore) Too bad I don't have cable.

Brandy Thomas (brandythomas) | 5 comments I just bought this book because I heard it will be a TV series. I have to read the book before visually seeing it. :) I love SK's work and have read all of his older stuff, but kind of fell out of reading in the last few years.
I'm still near the beginning of the book, but I live in a very small mountain town...and even now, the thoughts about us being cutoff have been running through my mind. And I'm more of a keep-to-myself type, so other than who my kids go to school with, I don't really know the people around here. Kinda scary when I think about it.
But anyway, as I get through the book, I'll be looking forward to seeing how it plays out on the screen this summer.

message 42: by Summer (new) - added it

Summer (paradisecity) | 360 comments I've moved around a lot but have lived in small towns most of my life. When I settled in one place for a bit and got to know people, I would joke about putting together an apocalypse preparedness team (e.g., a teacher, a farmer, a nurse). It was fun and silly, but I stored that information in the back of my mind in case an UtD-style situation happened and I might actually need people like that. I moved again recently and have sadly realized I've been too busy to get to know people I'd want on my team.

...that sounded a little creepy and paranoid, didn't it? Or perhaps I've just read entirely too much King over the years. :)

Brandon (brandoandco) | 13 comments The show is coming :) It even has a release date! I'm so excited words cannot even describe! I've been waiting for this ever since I read the book! ^_^

message 44: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Have you guys been to the website lately? http://www.underthedome.com/

Also here is the teaser shown during the superbowl:

http://firewireblog.com/2013/02/03/wa...

message 45: by Gary (new) - rated it 4 stars

Gary Martin (gmmartinbooks) | 87 comments I did see the teaser during the superbowl. Thanks for the links Angie.

I thought the book was great: well developed characters, a lot of action. The one complaint I do have is the reason for the dome. It is very similar to an old TWILIGHT ZONE episode.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 609 comments Just went to the official site. That's neat! Saw my house under the dome lol :)

Linda (beaulieulinda117gmailcom) | 959 comments It really exciting to wait for the movie, can't wait.

message 48: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kit★ wrote: "Just went to the official site. That's neat! Saw my house under the dome lol :)"

Me too!!

Esther | 14 comments My co-worker's husband is an actor and auditioned for this last week. I can't wait to find out who's will be cast - but even if it's not my friend's husband, I'm really looking forward to watching this show. Loved the book.

message 50: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 5 stars

ooohhh!!! How fun!!!!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9