Fans of Interracial Romance discussion

Themes > Humorous IRR

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I love some humor in my stories, and I don't see that many IRRs that are laugh out loud funny. Crystal Hubbard does have some funny bits in her stories. Do you have any recommendations?

message 2: by Arch , Mod (new)

Arch  | 6568 comments Mod
I like, when a book has me laughing too. I would like to know as well.

message 3: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) The only one I can think of is Sienna Mynx's Funny Valentine.

Funny Valentine by Sienna Mynx

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More) (gatadelafuente) | 7308 comments Mod
I was looking at Funny Valentine last week. Is it very erotic?

message 5: by Delaney (new)

Delaney Diamond (delaney_diamond) I haven't read it yet, but I know this author and I've read a couple of her other works and her writing isn't erotic.

message 6: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Cool. I'll check it out. Thanks, Delaney.

message 7: by Tina (new)

Tina | 1377 comments Danielle- I haven't read too many straight IR romances that have humor in them. This is the one area that I think IR romances in sadly derelict.

The closest I've seen is Shelly Laurentson/G.A. Aiken. Practically all of her books are laugh out loud. I'd especially recommend Go Fetch!, the heroine is a geek/computer genius who has "issues" with the Federal Gov't because of her hacking past. It is the second book in the series but you can read it without reading the first.

I'd also recommend The Beast in Him also a 2nd book in a series. The whole Pride series is amazing and she has several other IR romances in the whole series, but I wouldn't recommend reading the later books without having read the earlier books. She allows all her characters to revisit too much. And there is an ongoing a story arc that winds through the series.

If you like mysteries, then Jill Brock's Pennywise series. The black female main character and her white best friend are the most inept "detectives" ever, but they do solve the case. In my review the put them as a cross between Shaw&Gus from Pysch and Lucy & Ethel. There is an IR romance in the story too.

message 8: by Michelle, Mod with the Bod (new)

Michelle Gilmore | 3396 comments Mod
I'll probably check out the Pennywise series soon.

message 9: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Thanks, Tina. I've been wanting to give Shelly Laurentson/GA Aiken a try. I have Beast Behaving Badly (Russian hero, couldn't resist) and the first four dragon books. I'll slot them up in my tbr pile. I will check and see if I can get Pennywise off Amazon.com.

message 10: by Rbeey (new)

Rbeey (rbeeyswan) | 40 comments message: Hello Lady Danielle,
Heres a bk.True Blue that I found with laugh out moments. Have U read this already??!
rubyswan New England True Blue (Arabesque) by Robyn Amos

message 11: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Hi Ruby. I haven't read it. Thanks for the rec!

message 12: by Arch , Mod (last edited Nov 09, 2011 01:06PM) (new)

Arch  | 6568 comments Mod
I have this book, but didn't add it as an interracial book. I haven't read it yet either.

message 13: by Keitha (new)

Keitha (keitham) | 17 comments If you want funny IR reads then I would suggest anything by Lena Matthews or Koko Brown.

message 14: by SheReadsALot (new)

SheReadsALot | 965 comments I second Koko Brown. Also try Billy London...she's a rip - At Last is my fave from her and her Italian Knights series is great too.

message 15: by namericanwordcat (new)

namericanwordcat | 21 comments I love Laurenston. So, so funny. Everyone should move her up the TBR.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments Don't judge me...but I found Fifty Shades of Jungle Fever (The Ghetto Girl Romance Quadrilogy, #1) by L.V. Lewis funny and good (after a slow start).

This is a good thread because looking through my book list I have to confirm there aren't that many funny IR books like

Wallbanger by Alice Clayton Seduction and Snacks (Chocolate Lovers, #1) by Tara Sivec .

message 17: by Tina (last edited May 16, 2013 06:02PM) (new)

Tina | 1377 comments Wild Horses by Asha King by Asha King is really quite funny. The heroine is a blogger who has a really irreverent inner voice.

message 18: by A.W. (new)

A.W. Until Now by Denise Skelton is a very sweet IR Romance with humor.

message 19: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Philip (tamara_philip) | 102 comments The Trouble with Playing Cupid by Tamara Philip Its light hearted and sweet too!

message 20: by Emotonal (last edited Aug 06, 2014 11:52PM) (new)

Emotonal Reads | 164 comments It should be noted that, Wild Horses
by Asha King, is very sexually explicit for those who don't read that sort of thing.

Shelly Laurenston books are funny, no doubt, but she does have alot of the P and C and F words in her books, very detailed sexual acts. that spoilt the enjoyment of her books for me.

this is just a warning because I know not everyone likes erotic sex books

message 21: by Tea (new)

Tea | 464 comments I found 25 to Love! by Joye Johnson – a book I recently finished reading and posted about here – to be full of funny. It should still be free till the end of today.

message 22: by Tamara (new)

Tamara Philip (tamara_philip) | 102 comments Gonna check that one out, Tea!

message 23: by Robin (new)

Robin  (robin-alisha) | 209 comments OOh, thanks for the recs!! I love humor in my Romance. It makes it all the nicer for me. :P

message 24: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Tea wrote: "I found 25 to Love! by Joye Johnson – a book I recently finished reading and posted about here – to be full of funny. It should still be free till the end of today."

I'm sorry I missed it when it was free.

message 25: by Tea (new)

Tea | 464 comments Danielle wrote: I'm sorry I missed it when it was free.

It was on sale again (I think for 99¢) not so long ago. Perhaps it will be again. Although $4.99 is perhaps a bit much for any e-book from an new author, I honestly this 25 to Love! is worth paying for.

message 26: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I'll try to catch it when it goes down. I have a certain price point I will pay for ebooks. Thanks for the heads up, though, Tea.

message 27: by Tea (new)

Tea | 464 comments LOL. I'm the same, Danielle. I didn't mean that I think 25 to Love is worth paying $4.99 for. Just want to make that clear to everyone!! It's more than worth the 99¢, and I'd probably be willing to pay up to $2.99 for it... but I wouldn't be able to pay the same price I'd pay for a physical Harlequin. :P

message 28: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

I know what you mean. Especially if it's a new author. I have my established, guaranteed authors that I will pay more for, but I'm stingy on new author ebooks.

Paganalexandria  | 4037 comments I was going to offer loan 25 to Love! it to you, but seems the copy in my collection is not loanable. Looks like I actually have two copies of this book on the cloud, and the current one for sale isn't marked previously purchased. All of that is so weird.

message 30: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Wants to Read More), Sees Love in All Colors (new)

Paganalexandria **wicked juices bubbling over** wrote: "I was going to offer loan 25 to Love! it to you, but seems the copy in my collection is not loanable. Looks like I actually have two copies of this book on the cloud, and the curren..."

I appreciate the thought, Pagan!

message 31: by Justine (last edited Jun 10, 2015 05:07PM) (new)

Justine | 1228 comments Humor is subjective. There are several books I have found funny

Renee And Jay
Something Real
War. (This. Is. Not. Over. Book 4) by Shannon Dianne
Unfinished Business by Karyn Langhorne Folan
A Personal Matter by Karyn Langhorne
Lucky You by Carl Hiaasen

message 32: by Pygmy (new)

Pygmy Is it inappropriate to recommend online stories (not published)? This is a fun AWWM story a friend wrote for Nanowrimo a couple years back, and it's actually finished, but she didn't post all of it. I'm still bugging her to submit it for real publishing but so far no luck...=/

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/307291...