What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

UNSOLVED: One specific book > pregnant with Boss's (not H) baby

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments Am looking for a M & B in the late 80's book to late 90's book - where the h comes home after she learns she is pregnant and her lover doesn't want it - (he may have been her boss), she initially resents the baby because of this and feels guilty when she loses it thinking she is being punished for not wanting it. The H is a friend of her brother? brother-in-law? He proposes marriage for the family's sake, but before she has it she miscarries - they have already created a nursery at this point as well, which he helped her with, I remember she was wearing a striped outfit for this. The lover comes back (may have been before the miscarriage) and she tells him she's in love with the H. It may have been set in Australia. The H is not the father of the child she is carrying/loses and there is a point where the guy who's baby it was comes back to her * asking forgiveness or offering to marry her. I think as I don't think the h has met the H before - until she goes to stay with her brother/family.

message 2: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments bump

message 3: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 37621 comments Mod
Rj786, are you still looking for this book?

message 4: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments Yes - still searching and hoping:/)

message 5: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments Bump

message 6: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments Bump

message 7: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments Bu

message 8: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking?

message 9: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments Hi - unfortunately yes!

message 10: by Jenna (new)

Jenna | 596 comments There is a book in the Fortune series when the heroine is pregnant with baby, and Hero is not father -- I think Hero is brother/relative of the guy that got the heroine pregnant. But I don't thikn the heroine had a miscarriage.

I think it's Honor Bound Groom (Silhouette Desire, #1190) (Fortune's Children: The Brides); they also are side characters in 2004 Fortune Family Christmas anthology)

message 11: by Booked (new)

Booked | 41 comments Thanks Jenna - read this book - it's not the book, the H wasn't related to the baby's father at all

message 12: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Still looking now?