The Iron Knight (The Iron Fey, #4) The Iron Knight discussion

SPOILER ALERT. post-iron knight thoughts...i have a buuunch

Comments Showing 1-50 of 80 (80 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Arushi SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS.
read ahead only if youve read iron knight, or are keen on ruining the series for yourself.

ok, was anyone else really utterly disappointed by the huge and epic buildup to iron knight...all the tension, suspense, cliffhanger stuff, and then...BAH. i didn't love it...comparatively. i mean, i guess i was just expecting a LOT LOT LOT LOT more, and a TON TON TON TON better. and ariella? and the fact that there is no explicit happily ever after? or that meghan only appears (for real...) in the epilogue?

here, you can go ahead and vent about the book, or post cheery comments that make me want to change my mind of the book :D

Christina Sturgis See i feel the same way, i wanted more or the real meghan and ash, like yeah we saw what there future could have been but what is it going to be is what i want to know.....n i didnt like the ariella twist, but she did give her life so he can have his soul. so that was ok.....but i want more!!!!!!!!

Rachel Clifton i didn't get the ending!!! Why was grimm at Ariella's grave? Did they have some connection i missed?! Its been bugging me ever since i finished it. I'm in the process of re-reading it to see if there was something i missed between the two. . . Does anyone else feel confused?

Christina Sturgis i do, i wanna know why he was there as well was he her friend from the very begining of the first book. since she says that she was the one who sent the cat to the tree that meghan would end up in......ugh i want to read more about them....im going to reread when i get a chance.

Rachel Clifton Ditto. I hate plot holes....

percabeth i want to know what happens to puck!!!! i thought for a while that he would end up with ariella and ash would end up with meaghan and happily ever after...but no ariella just has to go and die! fine whatever! ugh poor puck!!!! :(

Rachel Clifton I thought the same thing...but Ariella and Puck never had the real "love" connection. Yes he loved her, but i don't think he was in love with her.

Lola To me, i liked the book, but i felt that the fact that Julie had intended for the book to be a happy ending, and then screwed Puck out from getting the happy ending himself. Also, the ending of the book with the Grim thing, i interpreted it as Grim was at the place where ariella died, and the tree he sat under was almost a manifestation of dead ariella, but why it was included is foreign to me. I think this is a confusion for Julie to solve....

Lola Okay, and can i just say that puck should have ended up with Meghan, and Ash should have stayed with Ariella, because we now know that Ash will always just be thinking about his love with ariella, which is unfair to meghan. just saying.

Elisa I just finished the book and I dont really get the ending scene at all. For a moment i thought it was Ash's skeleton and Grimm was talking to Meghan about finally finding peace. I thought Puck and Ariella were gonna be together too! But I guessed it was gonna be Ariella who was gonna sacrifice herself for Ash to become mortal.

message 11: by Connie (new) - added it

Connie GAH! ariella bugs me soooo much! Mrs Kagawa should have NEVER included her, there was enough of her in the previous books all about ash pining over her, saying that Meghan was 'like ariella's shadow' SERIOUSLY?! really....this is a real disappointment

Veronica I was actually hoping that Puck and Ariella would get together, haha!

Below is my review explaining how I felt (I agree, btw):

3 STARS

"I never thought I would utter these words but... I was disappointed with this book.

It could just be me, but I feel like Julie didn't capture Ash's voice well. At least, it didn't sound how I had always imagined how his thoughts would sound or his actions would be away from Meghan.

I also felt like the book didn't explain some things thoroughly enough (for me). It jumped around alot, and for the entire "final challenge" I thought that what was happening truly WAS happening. This also upset me because alot of the things I have been waiting for (like the wedding and child) went by so fast, without any elaboration, and when the "challenge" was over I paused and was like "Wait, what just happened? I'm so confused..."

Or, since I am big on romance, maybe it was just the lack of Ash and Meghan being together that made me not like this book as much as the other three.

I usually devour the other books in a day or two but this one took me about four days because I just couldn't get into it.

It picked up toward the end but, like alot of other scenes in the book, their reunion was sweet but brief and I feel like Julie could have done so much more...

All in all, a good book but I feel like soooooo much more could have been done with it! I guess I'm going to have to read some FanFiction to get what I didn't get out of the book and that makes me sad..."

Arushi Veronica wrote: "I was actually hoping that Puck and Ariella would get together, haha!

Below is my review explaining how I felt (I agree, btw):

3 STARS

"I never thought I would utter these words but... I was dis..."

i completely agree. with practically everything you said. the book was disappointing. though i didnt want ariella to come back at all, i thought it fitting that she should be the sacrifice. i think that puck shouldve ended up with someone though D: poor puck though im a die-hard team AAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSH <3

ya, ash's voice was not captured the way i had hoped it would be captured. totally agree.

and i thought the final challenge was reality too and i was like this is soooooo dumb i hate this book. SHOOT ME and when it was over, i was like WOW. meghan cannot be like this for real o.O

i really missed meghan in this one. i mean it was empty without her. only in the epilogue? i mean, come on, kagawa !

this one took me around 6 days as opposed to like 2 or 3 because i found it infuriatingly annoying at times.

i think the epilogue was far too brief to be a happy reunion and i think many strings were left untied.

i agree sooo much with you veronica !

Veronica Bleh, it really upsets me because this is my favorite series out of all of the many books/series that I have ever read and Ash is my favorite fictional male of all time and it just didn't work and I wanted it to so badly! Ugh :'(

I think it just needed more Meghan & Ash time... She should have continued on after the throne room to the REAL wedding and she should have put in some REAL romantic/lovie scenes between the two of them...

Also, she didn't clarify whether or not Ash will age! Yes, she said that he was "unique" after gain his sole but that means nothing to us except that he can still use a minuscule amount of glamour...

Like you said, Lisa, she left alot of end untied and even untouched.

Arushi Veronica wrote: "Bleh, it really upsets me because this is my favorite series out of all of the many books/series that I have ever read and Ash is my favorite fictional male of all time and it just didn't work and ..."

yeah i could spend a lot of time venting, but kagawa's probably not going to write another book. so for now im going to put iron knight behind me (a scar on the face of a beautiful series :D) and focus on the ash i love and iron queen.

Veronica Exactly!

I don't think I'm going to read her Vampire series but I will definitely be reading Ethan Chase's story in hopes of seeing a little Meghan and Ash in them :) Maybe we'll get to see how their lives had turned out...

Jessica Elisa wrote: "I just finished the book and I dont really get the ending scene at all. For a moment i thought it was Ash's skeleton and Grimm was talking to Meghan about finally finding peace. I thought Puck and ..."

I was so confused too! I had to re-read that part 3 times to get what was going on... I really didn't understand :/ I'll have to re-read the book to see if I missed anything!

Jessica Rachel wrote: "i didn't get the ending!!! Why was grimm at Ariella's grave? Did they have some connection i missed?! Its been bugging me ever since i finished it. I'm in the process of re-reading it to see if the..."

YES! I would like to know what that meant! I am still confused... did I miss something?

Elisa Jessica wrote: "Elisa wrote: "I just finished the book and I dont really get the ending scene at all. For a moment i thought it was Ash's skeleton and Grimm was talking to Meghan about finally finding peace. I tho..."

I read that part over AGAIN but I still dont understand it! The epilogue is in Meghans POV so I thought it was Ash's skeleton and Meghan told Grimalkin that she was glad she finally found peace... I'm confusing myself on what was happening in the end.

Veronica It kinda made it seem like a cliff hanger or like it would be clarified in the next book but there is NO next book soooo... maybe it'll be cleared up in Ethan's series?

Candice I kinda felt that the end scene with Grimm served to tie the book together. We know that Ariella found peace (as a tree) and that she wasn't alone in her sacrifice, ie. Grimm remembered the sacrifice. I don't know but that is how i interpreted it :)

Kimberly Okay I agree completely that the ending should have been longer with more Meghan and Ash time. Puck should have found his happily ever after but not with Ariella. Why everyone wanted them together just mystifies me. As soon as I knew she was alive I just wanted her to die again because I knew Ash would flip out. I know that sounds harsh but it's how I felt. She was just on borrowed time. She knew she was going to have to sacrifice herself so she shouldn't have even tried to convince Ash to stay with her. Grimm is by far my favorite character in all the books. I think the ending so important because it showed us that the faerys were wrong. When they die they don't just stop existing. They become something different in the Nevernever. That's such a pretty idea. And does anyone else wonder what happened to the wolf??

Marie I think the end was fairy tale worthy. that's not really a good thing when you thnik about it because a fairy tale ending is a typical happy-ever-after when what you really want to know is how the whole cummunity will react, hear more about queen mab's love for her son, if puck will find love, how is arriella doing with the other dead ect. after the third book, I wanted to read about oberon ,mab and titania when they learned she was now queen of the only race of fairy that could destroy them. so having another end like that , the kind that leaves me hanging, was disapointing.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

I wanted alot more too. There's still alot we don't know about the characters.

Valerie I agree Victoria. But she is going to write a spin-off involving Ethan Chase, so I think we're going to learn more when those books come out.

Kimberly I hope the spin-off series is as wonderful as this series was. And I really hope Grimalkin is in it(: He's my favorite character. Ash and Meghan will most likely be involved but what about Puck? He said he was leaving. The books would be awful without Puck.

Jennifer Yeah i agree i didn't understand what Grimm was doing with Ariella. I felt that at some point in his quest that he might just pick Ariella over Meghan. My heart ached for just a second. Im glad that Meghen and Ash ended up together. I can't wait to see how she is going to do a spin off of Meghans little bother. I do believe that it was a 4 star rating. I loved that Ash and Puck were able to get over trying to kill each other.

Jennifer I will have to agree that I liked having Meghans point of view. It was nice to have Ashes point of view. There wasn't enough of Meghan and Ash together in this book. But was glad that in the end they both got their Happy ending.

Kimberly I liked the dream scene when Ash got to visit Meghan in her dream. I hated how it ended because of course Ariella had to ruin it but before that it was so sweet.

Arushi Kimberly wrote: "I liked the dream scene when Ash got to visit Meghan in her dream. I hated how it ended because of course Ariella had to ruin it but before that it was so sweet."

i know right? that annoyed me so much. stupid ariella :( harrumph.

Katharine I love my happy endings so this book was just great. I did miss Meghan a lot. And that whole Meghan/Ash dream... I loved that so much.

Honestly though, I was SO confused about those last two pages with Grimalkin. With the whole 'skeleton of an enormous reptile' and the laughing branches? Can someone share their interpretation of that?

Kimberly Katharine wrote: "I love my happy endings so this book was just great. I did miss Meghan a lot. And that whole Meghan/Ash dream... I loved that so much.

Honestly though, I was SO confused about those last two pages..."

The skeleton was the dragon that killed Ariella the first time and the tree was Ariella. I think that part was suppose to tell us that fey are wrong about what happens when they die. They don't stop existing, they're just reborn as something else.

Kimberly Lisa wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "I liked the dream scene when Ash got to visit Meghan in her dream. I hated how it ended because of course Ariella had to ruin it but before that it was so sweet."

i know right? th..."

I just really didn't like her much in this book lol but that might because Meghan is one of the strongest female leads I've read in a long time. She isn't just some stupid girl who depends on the guys to do everything for her. I really like her.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Kimberly wrote: "I hope the spin-off series is as wonderful as this series was. And I really hope Grimalkin is in it(: He's my favorite character. Ash and Meghan will most likely be involved but what about Puck? He..."

agreed i love Puck he makes me laugh all the time

Juliet The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really liked Meghan, and them together is kind of what made the series, so I was really surprised when he couldn't decide between Ariella and Meghan. I hated how he kept saying he was looking for a soul because of his oath. I really wanted him to say he was doing it because of Meghan(Of course, he said this in the end and I was satisfied, but he shouldn't have had to think about it so much). All in all, I found this one kind of disappointing.

Kimberly Juliet wrote: "The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really liked Meghan, and them together is kind of what m..."
I agree with you completely.

Juliet Kimberly wrote: "Juliet wrote: "The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really liked Meghan, and them together is..."

:)

Kimberly Juliet wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Juliet wrote: "The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really liked Meghan, and..."

All through the book he kept thinking how he wanted to pull Ariella close and protect her anytime it seemed like something was wrong with her. And every time he thought about it I wanted to Hit him in his face and say, "Hey are you forgetting Meghan? You know the courageous, beautiful, and self-sacrificing girl you're suppose to love?" Meghan is one of the best female leads I've read in awhile and in all honesty the lack of romance on Ash's side disappointed me

Juliet Kimberly wrote: "Juliet wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Juliet wrote: "The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really li..."

THANK YOU!!! this was exactly what I was saying throughout the entire book! I hated how he kept wanting Ariella and then he said he was on the quest because of his oath. Umm, excuse me, but I thought you were doing this whole thing for MEGHAN. You, know the totally awesome girl you've been in love with for three books now? I was so annoyed throughout this whole book with him.

message 40: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Yep I was pretty upset. I felt like most of the book was extremely depressing. I felt like Ash just pissed me off during the whole book with his woe with me attitude. Ugh! I found my self wishing that Meghan would appear eventually. And Ariella coming into the picture. I just wanted her to die! She could have come into Ash's dreams and Puck's telling them it wasn't their fault, that she was in a better place, that they should be friends. But no, they suffered for years because of her. It was awful! And then Meghan only comes around at the end. I really woulda wanted a real happily ever after.

Juliet ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Yep I was pretty upset. I felt like most of the book was extremely depressing. I felt like Ash just pissed me off during the whole book with his woe with me attitude. Ugh! I found my self wishing t..."

exactly. I completely agree. This exactly how I felt when I was reading it. I talked to my friend who also read the book and me and her both said the entire time we just wanted Ariella to have stayed dead.

Natasha SPOILER ALERT DON"T READ UNLESS YOU FINNISHED THE BOOK
I loved it! but during Ash's 3rd test thing I actually thought he was living it. It didn't seem right when he kept getting older though. I just couldn't imagine Ash old and vulnerable. Once I found out he wasn't really going to age I felt so relieved. I'm super glad he ended up with Meghan, because well Ash is my favorite character. Does anyone know if that was the last book? Or is she writing another one?

message 43: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Juliet wrote: "★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Yep I was pretty upset. I felt like most of the book was extremely depressing. I felt like Ash just pissed me off during the whole book with his woe with me attitude. Ugh! I found ..."

Hahahah I felt bad bcuz I was just thinking can u just really go die. I'm terrible!

message 44: by Kimi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Kimi Natasha wrote: "SPOILER ALERT DON"T READ UNLESS YOU FINNISHED THE BOOK
I loved it! but during Ash's 3rd test thing I actually thought he was living it. It didn't seem right when he kept getting older though. I jus..."

I thought he was living it too. I was so upset because of all the great stuff that happened. =/ I was relieved too because I was worried about the aging. I think that was the last.

Juliet ★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Juliet wrote: "★ Kimi ★ wrote: "Yep I was pretty upset. I felt like most of the book was extremely depressing. I felt like Ash just pissed me off during the whole book with his woe with me attitude..."

same here!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Juliet wrote: "The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really liked Meghan, and them together is kind of what m..."

agree all the way

Juliet Victoria wrote: "Juliet wrote: "The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really liked Meghan, and them together is..."

:)

message 48: by Brie (new) - rated it 3 stars

Brie So i like Meghan and i wish she woulda been in the book more but I think that bringing Ariella into the story was kinda smart it gave Ash closure and stopped his vow to kill Puck.. so yay for not dead Puck... or Ash depending on who won.

And the whole Puck not having a happily ever after moment sorta went with his character for me. I kinda wish there would have been someone else he would have fallen for but thats just not the Puck way. He's wild carefree and settling down with some girl just wouldnt seem like the right ending for him to me.

Then the whole scene at the end I'm not sure what was going on there but since this is the last book I just assume it was Julies way of saying Grim had his nap and wasn't lonely even though he is alone and Ariella was all happy too.

I really didnt like how the whole aging Ash thing was up in the air though. Like does he age or not cause it was depressing how sorry he felt for himself when he was hobbling around and it drags me down to think things might have ended up that way for him and Meghan.

Joana Kimberly wrote: "Juliet wrote: "Kimberly wrote: "Juliet wrote: "The thing that really made me hate this book was the fact that Ash kept questioning whether or not he wanted to be with Ariella or Meghan. I really li..."

Oh Gosh, i completely agree!

Sheyenne I won't lie I LOVED this book I like the whole idea of a book from Ash's POV and how you can see his complete and utter loyalty and love towards Meghan it really just made my heart melt <3 However, like many others I didn't like the whole Ariella thing but I think that Ash's old love being there just made his love and loyalty toward Meghan even stronger. Like how when he kissed Ariella he said that he loved her but wasn't IN love with her like he was with Meghan. I also wish that Meghan and Ash were together more in the book :/. I REALLY hope there is another book I just can't wrap my head around the fact that this is the end does anyone know of another book? Or is this really. . .(tear tear) the end?

« previous 1