Amy & Roger's Epic Detour Amy & Roger's Epic Detour question

So when did Roger............
Marie Marie Nov 07, 2011 08:10PM
figure out that he liked Amy? He said that he had been wanting to kiss her since Kansas. But in which part of their Kansas trip did it hint that Roger might have been attracted to Amy?

Good story. I enjoyed reading it but I wish there was more to how and when did Roger actually start to like Amy. There were so many unanswered questions I had in mind. Like that Kansas part he commented. And then the lights on/off from Roger's room when Amy and Hadley's brother was about to kiss. His sullen mood that following morning. Then how fast he got over Hadley and why was Hadley giving her the attitude like Roger must have said something related to Amy, etc. Sooo many things I was confused about.

Juliet (last edited Jun 22, 2012 07:48PM ) Jun 22, 2012 07:47PM   0 votes
Okay, I'll try to answer as clearly as possible, but I haven't read this book in a while.
Question 1- I can't remember if it happened before or after Kansas, but the first time I noticed Roger showing any kind of "crushing" on Amy was at the party where some kid said that Roger was "on fire", or something. I think he blushed but didn't deny anything soooo that might have been when he first hinted at liking her.
Question 2-I think Roger was spying on Amy and Hadley's brother, but he liked her at that time and didn't want to see them kiss. Just a guess.
Question 3-Also related to the second question, I think he was just jealous that Amy might like someone else, which caused him to be in a bad mood. Also a guess.
Question 3- I think he was already getting over Hadley because he realized the kind of person she was and also he had started to have feelings for Amy. I think she was "giving him attitude" the next morning because he told her that he had found someone else(Amy).Again, just guessing but that's what I thought.

Okay, so I hope I kind of answered your questions. I don't think the book gave very definite answers, it was all very vague, but still a fantastic book.